Fair Price?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Big congrats.
I'm guessing 2 miles until you notice it's a much better car in almost every way but needs more power.
If you don't mind, how is the market for looking for an R at MSRP or less?
I'm ready for a new car and as much as I love my Hellcat I'm thinking a boosted GT350 and truck make more sense.
-J
A Hellcat was also on the shortlist of possible replacements.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
In my area even used R's are being listed @ or above MSRP. New ones seem to be selling from $5k and up with most dealers asking $15k-$25k over and negotiating down to the$5k-$10k over range. I'm getting mine for $3k over which after talking to several dealerships from FL to NC seems like a good deal. If I remember reading correctly the 18 gt350's and R's will be ending production this month which will reduce production #'s like 45% on the R and 25% on the 350's
'18 R production may have already ended, Gotti in the GT350 section works there and updates guys who have builds in production. I'm definitely planning on the next GT500 but I'm not a first year guy and didn't expect '19 GT350s so I'm still debating.
As far as the Hellcat goes, I need a 4-door and I don't say it lightly, but it lives up to the hype as far as what it is. Also responds well to mods, very well actually as my tuner has one.
Congrats again on the R, any real Mustang guy wants one.
-J

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
'18 R production may have already ended, Gotti in the GT350 section works there and updates guys who have builds in production. I'm definitely planning on the next GT500 but I'm not a first year guy and didn't expect '19 GT350s so I'm still debating.
As far as the Hellcat goes, I need a 4-door and I don't say it lightly, but it lives up to the hype as far as what it is. Also responds well to mods, very well actually as my tuner has one.
Congrats again on the R, any real Mustang guy wants one.
-J
Yeah I'm definitely a Mustang guy, but the Hellcat had me ready to go Dodge If I could've found the color combo I was looking for.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Great choice going the gt350r route. Really the gt350 is under-appreciated imo. What a great all around driving experience.

So what its not as fast as the HC, it is much more fun to drive and definite more exclusive .

What color combo are you looking for?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Great choice going the gt350r route. Really the gt350 is under-appreciated imo. What a great all around driving experience.

So what its not as fast as the HC, it is much more fun to drive and definite more exclusive .

What color combo are you looking for?

On the R I went Race Red w/ no stripes, for the Hellcat I was looking for Torred w/ the black hood and black interior.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Picked it up yesterday, dealership was about 3 hours away so I had a nice drive to get a feel for the car. Gotta say it drives and feels amazing and the exhaust sound is pure sex!

20180628_145442_zpsmlynyo2v.jpg

20180628_145454_zpsikjjhn3f.jpg

20180628_145505_zpsicnyujhf.jpg

fearthesnake

Established Member
Wow! Sure is beautiful and agree. The GT350 exhaust is the best sounding car from Ford factory I have ever heard, amazing sound.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
So how is the new R treating you?

Enjoying it?

Still breaking in the motor, but overall I'm loving everything about the R. I was worried I was going to be disappointed about not having all the extra power that my 14 had but I'm not missing it @ all, the R is just a better all around driving experience.

Users who are viewing this thread