Fake Lightnings

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It's becoming an epidemic around here it seems. In the last week or so I've seen 3 F150's with Lightning badges on them, and they all looked like shit. The latest one was at lunch today. It was a plain white single cab F150, no body kit, chrome bumpers, with 99 Lightning wheels, 01 taillights, Lightning badges on the side, and the SVT emblem on the back. Why do people do this? :bash:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I've never actually seen one. There's a Green F150 around town with 02 wheels on it, but no badges. Nothing wrong with putting L wheels on, but If I ever saw one with badges I'd start asking him technical stuff like "Why does my truck whine and yours doesn't?"

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
There is a guy here whom has the entire enchilada on his. Side skirts, badges, side exhaust, bumpers, wheels...everything!! But, you open the door and it says Lariat on his seats and his gauge cluster is a normal F-150. Seems like these losers just wanna be cool like us!!

203Cree

Established Member
Lightning's, Often imitated, Never Duplicated.

It's rough bein at the top of the chain. they just want to be like us. I don't have a problem with it. Not like I'm the one that drives a V6 F150 with lightning badges on it.

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
I just throw them a nod. They're trying...! :shrug:
Not everyone can be as previlleged as we are right now.

MORPHEUS

Burninating Competition
Established Member
I've seen a few around here. They usually stare and try to get me to acknowledge them. I just play em some of that Bassani music and they act like I'm not there. It's actually kinda funny. I don't have a problem with those that throw on a kit to make it look cool. It's the badges that piss me off. :nonono:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
There is one down here and its a 4x4 with the Badges of a L and he got the 5.4 S.C. badge from under someones hood it on the tailgate next to the svt badge and a cobra badge on the other side. With the Lightning badges on the fenders. Next time I see it I will get some pictures and post.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Silver '01 L said:
Most of you assholes sound like Vette owners.
You should be ashamed.

Oh c'mon I take offense to that. People trying to be something they aren't is embarassing. There is a plain slow Vette around here with all the lame ground effects, mirror tints, and a HUGE Z06 decal in the back window. They are all wannabees. It's like chevy trucks with Z71 badges when it's obvious they aren't Z71's. Why bother? They are only fooling the stupid and if it makes them feel better I feel sorry for them.

203Cree

Established Member
yeah, the gfx = okay, I can live with that. you're not tryin to pass your ride of as something it's not, you're just cleanin up the cosmetics a little.

the badges = that's like my buddy putting syclone decals on his 2.5 liter S-10
It's commonly refered to as "being a poser" .

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
It happens everywhere. Think about how many Cobra emblems you've seen on Mustangs and how every 69 Camaro on the road is an SS.

Users who are viewing this thread