Fake Lightnings

98blueflareside

Established Member
i must say that i have seen a few around here and on the internet. i think its dumb myself as when you race someone (if you do that) and you lose then you look really dumb. My truck gets mistaked for a L often and I dont see how. nothing on my truck is from a Lightning. :shrug:

I actaully had a guy in a L from florida who was cruising gatlinburg rev his engine at me while cruisin one night. so i reved back and he pulled up to me and asked me what size motor i had in it. he was surprised when i said a V6. :poke:

203Cree

Established Member
my dad's got an 03 with that 4.2. I gotta say they do have some grunt for a V6. I'm sure with the right exhaust it would sound kinda mean. and it's prolly your tails throwin everyone off.

SvtNsty

2001 svt

I have a 2001 lightning with the whole enging rebilt pushing about 450hp and 550tq i have magnflow exhaust k&n air filter and about to get a 8lb lower pully and chip. just got bfgoodrich tires and going to find out what a fake lighting will run in the 1/8 for $500 talk is cheap but we wil find out whos will is faster sunday. come get some. :nono:

98blueflareside

Established Member
thats possible from a distance but at a closer look

326735.jpg

203Cree

Established Member
yeah, I knew they weren't the same, but to the general public ( read people with no clue) I could see how they could mistake it.

98blueflareside

Established Member
203Cree said:
yeah, I knew they weren't the same, but to the general public ( read people with no clue) I could see how they could mistake it.
me too. wish they wouldnt though. lol. seeing as how a L is my dream truck that just makes me want one more.
and yes i love my 4.2....its slightly better on gas.

MORPHEUS

Burninating Competition
Established Member
SvtNsty said:
I have a 2001 lightning with the whole enging rebilt pushing about 450hp and 550tq i have magnflow exhaust k&n air filter and about to get a 8lb lower pully and chip. just got bfgoodrich tires and going to find out what a fake lighting will run in the 1/8 for $500 talk is cheap but we wil find out whos will is faster sunday. come get some. :nono:

:rolleyes:

So you're going to run someone with a regular F150 for $500? I can't see why anyone in such a situation would want to run you, that's just plain stupid.
It's not very nice to take advantage of retards. Just laugh at them from a distance like everyone else. Either way, I say whoop his ass and spend the money on some more mods. :-D

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Silver '01 L said:
Most of you assholes sound like Vette owners.
You should be ashamed.

Ashamed? More like embarrassed for the dumbass that put all that crap on his truck. I rolled in a regular v6 F150 XL for 4 years before I got my Lightning, and I sure didn't slap all the badges on it. Why? Because I didn't want to be a POSER.

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
I know what you all mean, but this might be funny to everyone. My Lightning has some regular F150 wheels, and everyone here thinks it's a fake. That is until they hear the blower and see nothing but the back of my truck. I can't afford to buy the wheels right now, but soon i hope. Any way I thought you guys might get a kick out of my real lightning that looks fake....

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
chuchomula said:
I know what you all mean, but this might be funny to everyone. My Lightning has some regular F150 wheels, and everyone here thinks it's a fake. That is until they hear the blower and see nothing but the back of my truck. I can't afford to buy the wheels right now, but soon i hope. Any way I thought you guys might get a kick out of my real lightning that looks fake....
:lol:
I knew someone like this would chime in. Any pics???

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
I was not defending these posers by any means. I was just making a humorous observation of a bunch of you looking down your noses at these desperate wannbees.
It's funny. That's all. I guess I pitty them more than some of you.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
I was at the parts store buying some octane boost when this F150 extended cab pulls up. White with burgandy racing stripes, stock height, stock bumpers, lightning headlights and corners, euro tail lights, '01 wheels, and what really put the icing on the cake was that he didn't have the L badges......they were cobra badges. :shrug: I got up to the counter and asked the guy "is that the guy that owns that truck?", he said "oh yeah, totally cool guy.....and he's got a nice truck", I said "how many cobra F150s were made?" paid for my stuff and walked out.

blown330

Established Member
i don't see what the big deal is. the l is a badass truck! and believe it or not most people can't afford one... people call me a l wannabe all the time ( i have a roush front end and my truck is lowered) thats fine because i probably have more engine mods and more boost than most of the phuckers who like to talk sh1t! and i always put my money where my mouth is!

grrrrr ! sorry i really does hurt sometimes....

j/k.

98RICKSTANG

Banned
Silver '01 L said:
Most of you assholes sound like Vette owners.
You should be ashamed.
i agree just because you have one and they dont doesnt mean you have to hate on them!and the one who started this thread sounds like a vette owner.thats the whole reason i dont hang out with those type of people.when i meet someone i dont tell them that i drive a L i tell them i drive a 98 gt and then when they find out that i have one they want to talk to me,what a bunch of ass holes!i say as long as you buying it and its made in the USE your cool JMO!

2001F150SVT

SVT RED
Established Member
I have a good story to share for this one ... one of my buddies called me once and was like "hey theres this guy at this paint shop claiming his truck is a lightning ... it has lightning badges with the body kit and everything but it has four doors ... hes trying to tell me that its an 05 and the 05's have 4 doors" ...

Thats all he had to tell me ... I hopped in my L and was on a mission to make this guy look stupid. So I went there in my L and pulled up next to him and was like "Hey buddy ... what kind of truck do you drive?" and he looked and me and knew that I knew it was fake and just kinda weeped "an f150..." and i go "yeah thats what i thought" and peeled off and left a good 20 ft of rubber for him to gasp over ... that was a good time, thought id share :p

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
2001F150SVT said:
what kind of truck do you drive?" and he looked and me and knew that I knew it was fake and just kinda weeped "an f150..." and i go "yeah thats what i thought" and peeled off and left a good 20 ft of rubber for him to gasp over ... that was a good time, thought id share :p

:lol: that's the funniest thing I have read today.

Something similar happened to me a few months back.
I am a supervisor for a oil factory and when the weather is nice sometimes on the weekends me and a few coworkers get together on the huge parking lot of the factory to chat and race, so one of the guys called me and tell me that they are on the factory waiting for me, to make it short when I get there I see a ford F-150 reg cab getting beat by a pontiac grand prix GTP I though it was a lightning but when I get there I saw it was a reg ford f-150 with lightning badges and the guy on the pontiac was gloating that he beat a lightning and wanted to race me so we go at it and I handed his a** then we got to chat and I explain to him that the other truck was not a L., he understand and left but if I have not get there on time he probably would we on a pontiac forum gloating that he beat a lightning. and just because of a posser. :loser:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I cant believe this thread is picking up steam....there are so many vehicles out there that people make them look like something they are not. I recently put the 03 style wheels on my 99, I already have 01-up tailights, and I am going to be swapping my headlights out for 01-up. Does that make me a poser? I don't think so...i don't care to admit my truck is not all the way it rolled off the line from ford....

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
I do not mind if people put the body kit from a lightning or the wheels, but when they put the badges and they make themself think they got the real thing, and they say they got the real thing, that is crossing the line in my book. IMO.

Last edited:

supragod98

Established Member
Hmmm...... I think I'll make my L look like a fake regular F-150. Take off all the badging and put regular F-150 wheels and stuff on. :poke:

J/K :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread