Fake Lightnings

203Cree

Established Member
Blown330's truck. I like it man, bravo to you for a clean execution. But, I think the most important thing, and it goes back to the original topic of the thread, is look at his fenders. F150. Not lightning. You sir, are NOT a poser. Again, nice lookin ride.

truck21.jpg

truck50.jpg

truck51.jpg

truck57.jpg

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
If you look at the front fender you can see that they have lightning badges on there, they even went to the expense of a new front bumper that holds the fog lenses.

29206-985-17875.jpg

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
00SVT said:
If you look at the front fender you can see that they have lightning badges on there, they even went to the expense of a new front bumper that holds the fog lenses.

29206-985-17875.jpg

Badges....we don't need no stinkin badges!!

^^^^^^^^BLAZING SADDLES^^^^^^^

SVT Sleeper

Lightning clone
Established Member
I have a 98 F150 straight side with the whole drivetrain and electricals out of a lightning in my truck. no Lightning badges. It weigh's 4,216 lbs. and has 426rwhp and 533 rwtq. I call it my sleeper.

blown330

Established Member
thanks cree for postin my pics. and thanks for the compliments guys. but after 00svt's post i now under stand the reason for this thread.

i think that guy messed up a good f-150! and everyone knows none of us will ever catch him off the line because he has those kids sitting on the tailgate for traction!

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
blown330 said:
thanks cree for postin my pics. and thanks for the compliments guys. but after 00svt's post i now under stand the reason for this thread.

i think that guy messed up a good f-150! and everyone knows none of us will ever catch him off the line because he has those kids sitting on the tailgate for traction!

I like your truck a lot more than some of the Lightnings I've seen. Did you do all the work your self?? You should start your own thread to show that off.

:bowdown: :thumbsup:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Oh yeah- everyone on here who's asked "Can I use a Lightning Supercharger on my F150" should use your truck as an example why not to. Have you had it to the track?

blown330

Established Member
no not really. i just picked what i wanted and made a plan to make it fit. the rest was done at a shop. in that pic i had a filter that was about 4 inches big, wait until you see the engine bay when its done!

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
blown330 said:
...everyone knows none of us will ever catch him off the line because he has those kids sitting on the tailgate for traction!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BLOWN330, you have one hell of a kick ass truck man. :rockon: :beer:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
blown330 said:
what really, really sucks is us "lightning posers" or "wanabes" just want a truck that looks as cool as a lightning. and most of the time they or we phuck up the truck in the process.

enter my world of being a lightning wanabe.....

it all started about three years ago at my local cruise spot (before people started getting crazy w/ ported heads and blowers). i remember stopping to park my truck w/ all the lightnings (highlight of the week) and some d1ck w/ a black lightning jumped out of his l and said "you know i eat up punks like you all the time". and i asked him what does he have, he had headers, pulley, filter, and tune... big woop! and he was all like " yeah i got about 370 480 to the wheels"... "you won't have a chance against me". being a teen w/ a complex i had to lie and play his game of whose d1ck is bigger.
soooo, i said i had 400/ 500 ( i really had about 340/450) then i popped my hood and he had never seen a setup like mine (vortech aftercooled). and he bit and believed me.
after i had won the b.s. contest he was all of a sudden real nice to me and told me i had a nice truck and how he did't want to race tonite, maybe some other time he said.

lets face facts, like corvette owners there are lots of lightning owners who are d1cks and like to pick on the slower part of the food chain.
thats cool, i guess. because of a-holes like that guy i HAD to spend a year and about 12 - 14 grand on a built motor.. the dream motor.

sorry for the long post.

so yeah you can call me a lightning wanabe...

... if you can catch me.

Hey bro, I'd let you park next to me any day of the week. Thats a sweet ride...I would like to see you actually throw the lightning front bumper cover on there to complete the truck though....then shave ALL the emblems. That would look sick.

Jesse

blown330

Established Member
first thanks for the compliment.
the only time i was able to run it was when i had just installed the supercharger and it ran a 13.6 i don't remember the mph. after that run i was disapointed and installed long tubes, bigger filter,msd, and tranny. after the new tune i had 410/550 to the wheels. shortly after my engine decided to visit all the other engines i sent to heaven, and i never got to run it.

blown330

Established Member
thanks pimp. i was thinking about that, but thats just begging for people to talk smack. the great thing about the truck is that people get super confused when the see/ hear it. they don't know if its an L w/ f-150 badges or if its a loud f-150

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
i waited around and looked for the truck, but haven't seen it outside the last couple days. i'll look again today. heres what it looks like till i get pics:
lightning and harley badges
harley rims
lightning tails
lightning front bumper
aftermarket hood
tinted windows
hard top bed
tinted windows
4x4 stance
dual exhaust in back

i've got to get a pic for you guys later today

Users who are viewing this thread