Fake Lightnings

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
You'd have alot more races then, Supra. People whom see the lightning badges usually get scared. Others just wanna see it run!!

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
The best one I saw was a black, lifted Expedition with mudders, roof rack with a full size spare and full Lightning badges. :nono:

203Cree

Established Member
blown330 said:
i don't see what the big deal is. the l is a badass truck! and believe it or not most people can't afford one... people call me a l wannabe all the time ( i have a roush front end and my truck is lowered) thats fine because i probably have more engine mods and more boost than most of the phuckers who like to talk sh1t! and i always put my money where my mouth is!

grrrrr ! sorry i really does hurt sometimes....j/k.

Well, if you can back it up, that's fine. I think the main point of this thread was to vent bout the people who CAN'T. And I don't think anyone's really hating on anyone, just kinda wondering why people wanna pass it off as the real thing. I don't care if you have a Roush kit on the frontend of your truck. That's fine by me. But, when people ask you if it's a Roush, do you try and pass it off as the real thing or do you say, "No, it'a an F150 with some work done to it"? That's the whole point of this thread.

End rant.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
DetroitDice said:
please post pix of duplicated L's
I wish I had my camera with me when I saw the styleside SVT F-150 R a couple of months ago... yep, Lightning and a big red R on the sides too. :loser:

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
98RICKSTANG said:
i agree just because you have one and they dont doesnt mean you have to hate on them!and the one who started this thread sounds like a vette owner.thats the whole reason i dont hang out with those type of people.when i meet someone i dont tell them that i drive a L i tell them i drive a 98 gt and then when they find out that i have one they want to talk to me,what a bunch of ass holes!i say as long as you buying it and its made in the USE your cool JMO!

:rollseyes

I'm not hating on anyone. I just wonder why posers go through the trouble of putting the badges on their vehicle to try and make it look like something it obviously isn't. It's retarded. If I didn't have a Lightning, I'd STILL think it's retarded. I'm not elitist because I own a Lightning, I've owned many a shitty car, but posing is GAY.

klrsvt

KB Blown
Established Member
The whole point to this is people should be there selfs. pimp the hell out of there rides but if it's not a lightning then don't put the damn badges on it, it makes you and your truck fake as hell

98RICKSTANG

Banned
Sinister04L said:
:rollseyes

I'm not hating on anyone. I just wonder why posers go through the trouble of putting the badges on their vehicle to try and make it look like something it obviously isn't. It's retarded. If I didn't have a Lightning, I'd STILL think it's retarded. I'm not elitist because I own a Lightning, I've owned many a shitty car, but posing is GAY.
well some people are just trying to make their ride look good.i havent seen any around my part of town.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
i've got one right outside my dorm that'll beat anything you guys can post up. have you ever heard of the a Larley (mix b/t a lightning and a harley)? i'll get some pics of it later today, and post up.

blown330

Established Member
what really, really sucks is us "lightning posers" or "wanabes" just want a truck that looks as cool as a lightning. and most of the time they or we phuck up the truck in the process.

enter my world of being a lightning wanabe.....

it all started about three years ago at my local cruise spot (before people started getting crazy w/ ported heads and blowers). i remember stopping to park my truck w/ all the lightnings (highlight of the week) and some d1ck w/ a black lightning jumped out of his l and said "you know i eat up punks like you all the time". and i asked him what does he have, he had headers, pulley, filter, and tune... big woop! and he was all like " yeah i got about 370 480 to the wheels"... "you won't have a chance against me". being a teen w/ a complex i had to lie and play his game of whose d1ck is bigger.
soooo, i said i had 400/ 500 ( i really had about 340/450) then i popped my hood and he had never seen a setup like mine (vortech aftercooled). and he bit and believed me.
after i had won the b.s. contest he was all of a sudden real nice to me and told me i had a nice truck and how he did't want to race tonite, maybe some other time he said.

lets face facts, like corvette owners there are lots of lightning owners who are d1cks and like to pick on the slower part of the food chain.
thats cool, i guess. because of a-holes like that guy i HAD to spend a year and about 12 - 14 grand on a built motor.. the dream motor.

sorry for the long post.

so yeah you can call me a lightning wanabe...

... if you can catch me.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
I've had people ask me what SVT is....some truly don't know, because a lot of people get their information from media advertising.

Every knowledgeable SVT owners knows SVT doesn't have to advertise to sell.

One time a guy in a Fairfax County government van asked me if my truck was fast. I was right next to him. I told him it was fast, but not in rush hour traffic.

The gooniest thing I saw was going to work one day and spying a GEN1 ahead of me. I sped up, pulled by to wave and saw the dipstick had put Cobra badges on his ride.

I didn't bother waving, just gawked at him and passsed by.

Chas

Established Member
Saw a 2nd gen L with Cobra badges below the L badges and a fox body GT with Cobra badges at Auto Zone a couple weeks ago. Oh well imitation is the sincerest form of flattery even if it does look like ass.

fullboogie

Established Member
I agree - do what you want, but fess up when someone asks you if it's a real L. Aside from that, imitation is fine up to a point.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
A really good friend of mine, Danny who posts on NLOC as Danoid took a wrecked 00 Lightning and put everything from the Lightning into his 98 F150 reg cab reg bed truck. He did the engine, wiring harnesses, suspension, interior, body kit ect ect. He refuses to put L badges on it because it isn't a real one..... even though it is faster than most real ones he wants/has something unique and isn't copying a L.

Users who are viewing this thread