Fall 2017 GT500 supercharged voodoo, 10 speed auto and....

Fourcam380

Established Member
It'll be a very smooth boost mill. It won't feel restricted or blocked up at high rpm or partial load.

it will probably only need 8-10psi to make the safest 800hp tune on the market.

That will just add low end torque, and meaty punch to a motor that already loves to rev. It won't bother the revability.

If you've had a chance to ride in a twinscrew supercharged 4.2L v8 Audi like an rs4, rs5, r8 you'll get an idea, but even those are cpc, just high rpm tailored. Another example are pd blown e92-96 m3 4.0 v8's.

Then consider its fpc, lethal performance did a nice few videos on how fast/smooth/still great their whipple gt350 was.

The reason I say not smooth is the crank will be FPC. SC or not it's going to shake just like the GT350.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You guys are correct in economy range. An fpc will be much nastier in the 800-2500rpm range.

You'd also have to kid yourself to not bring up that it'd be much smoother in the 4000-8500 range.

It's like a Ferrari or porche. They're livable at very low rpm, but they are very enjoyable and responsive/rewarding at high rpm.

Most any 4 banger also sucks at low rpm. Any fpc will be rough near idle

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Anybody honest about their project/build will basically admit to trade offs. Put a bigger blower, lose some very low end torque, gain some heat sink.

Put wider tires, you get much better grip, you instill a bit of understeer/tramline.

Add exhaust, sounds better, harder to drive inconspicuously or in neighborhoods late at night.

The FPC is more rewarding to use when you want to extract the sport from your sports car

Fourcam380

Established Member
You guys are correct in economy range. An fpc will be much nastier in the 800-2500rpm range.

You'd also have to kid yourself to not bring up that it'd be much smoother in the 4000-8500 range.

It's like a Ferrari or porche. They're livable at very low rpm, but they are very enjoyable and responsive/rewarding at high rpm.

Most any 4 banger also sucks at low rpm. Any fpc will be rough near idle

You know about the tuned mass dampers on the GT350 necessitated by the FPC correct? The GT350s displacement paired with the FPC is the reason there is so much NVH in the motor. Because the displacement and crank carry over the new GT500 will be the farthest thing from smooth. You're confusing an optimal firing order with smoothness, they are not synonymous

4 cylinders suck at any rpm.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The dampening is balancing the voodoo mills greatly, as is the crankshaft itself. People have removed and installed the dampers with very little noticeable difference except at low rpms. Most kits reuse the dampers but early header builders didn't find much difference except at very low rpm. For longevity, everyone would agree it's wise to keep them though. Small vibrations overs 100,000 miles greatly decrease life.

It'll have less torque, and a higher peak rpm. Toeing into the throttle on corner exit won't be as hard to gauge traction, etc. Smooth is the wrong word. Usable, controllable, extractable, you get the idea. It'll be user friendly power to amateur drivers. Rewarding/engaging throttle. It won't feel on off

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
...somehow the brakes look bigger then the 16" 6 pistons on the GT350, not sure if they are but they are not the same as the performance pack or GT350 brakes, dont know if it will have option for a stick but this supercharged voodoo mule has the 10 speed auto and a gt350 nose.
Sorry no cameras aloud, just saying what I saw.
LMMFAO

Where did you see this?!? In a magazine?? LOL

DepWraith

Established Member
Heard from my source...apparently the TT Coyote is back on the table thanks to the Demon hp news. With this, the early summer release won't happen, so look for Sept/Oct of this year. Also said an announcement should come in June. Just passing on what I heard from a very good source, so don't shoot the messenger.

Clemson

Established Member
TT 5.0 should go into a boss/mach/bullit or some other GT variant. A turboed coyote just seems so unimaginative, and where is the exclusivity. Fine with me and makes me appreciate mine that much more, but sheesh just seems really half assed. /FLAMESUITON

DepWraith

Established Member
There's a lot more blown mustangs than twin turbos, so not sure what exclusivity you're talking about. TT coyote with a 10spd auto sounds amazing and I hope they pick that motor in the end.

Clemson

Established Member
There's a lot more blown mustangs than twin turbos, so not sure what exclusivity you're talking about. TT coyote with a 10spd auto sounds amazing and I hope they pick that motor in the end.
Exclusivity - the 5.4 and 5.8 are only GT500 engines, regardless of power adder, especially the 5.8 since you could theoretically say the 5.4 is in the GT Supercar I guess.

Clemson

Established Member
Guess you forgot about the 5.4 Triton found in many trucks or the 5.8 Windsor?
No I didnt, but those are not hand built SVT engines. They share almost nothing outside of displacement. They are also not found in any other mustang.

paluka21

Established Member
As I mentioned in another thread and to reiterate what Clemson stated; Ford has always implemented a unique power plant in the Shelby models to separate them from the GT's or other variants. Yes, the 5.4 was in the Ford truck line up, but it was hand built for the Shelbys and also unique to the mustang line up. See the 5.4L V8, 5.8L V8, and 5.2 V8 FPC motor. I personally don't buy into the idea that Ford will be putting a Coyote 5.0 motor in the next GT500 variant regardless if it's supercharged or turbocharged. So the only thing separating the GT500 from a regular mustang GT would be forced induction, sturdier internals, suspension parts, and cosmetic pieces? The GT will also be receiving the 10 speed automatic as well, so that's not a unique item for a Shelby.
I just don't buy it. And IF Ford puts a 5.0 in the new GT500, I'll just keep my '14 and be happy with it's uniqueness.

DepWraith

Established Member
You said "Exclusivity - the 5.4 and 5.8 are only GT500 engines, regardless of power adder"...was just saying that wasn't the case is all. Sure there are differences, but I'm pretty sure the Coyote would have differences from the GT motor as well.

Fourcam380

Established Member
Now a unique power plant will be designated by twins and not a block, crank or anything internal. It's the way oems are moving, and if it gets us twins who cares. Better than another PD blown v8, and if that's really your bag there are plenty new and used variants out there. Time for a domestic TY

Users who are viewing this thread