fastest eaton Lightning

jessie jaramill

Established Member
I just got a lighting and what like to see list of mods..times 60fts etc
Just to get a idea..i know blocks only take 440-460rwhp
...i am looking to stick with eaton..any info would be great thanks

Pablo

Established Member
Get yourself a 6psi lower pulley, port the blower, stall, some type of MAF extender, and a GOOD tune. Then add some type of traction bar, sticky tires and a ice reservoir. Lastly make sure your truck is 100% mechanically before you start to add parts to it.

There's a bunch of bolt on trucks locally, too bad most of them are slower then a turtle.

Pablo

Established Member
You can make much more power then 450rwhp, but it can let go anytime. On the other hand, I've seen many trucks make much more power then that and are still going on strong. For example my buddy's truck make around 480rwhp and has 130,000 miles.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Get yourself a 6psi lower pulley, port the blower, stall, some type of MAF extender, and a GOOD tune. Then add some type of traction bar, sticky tires and a ice reservoir. Lastly make sure your truck is 100% mechanically before you start to add parts to it.

There's a bunch of bolt on trucks locally, too bad most of them are slower then a turtle.

these are the mods i did with a tune by RET. put down 450rwhp and 540tq. truck moved the hell out! :burnout:

ive got a few L ice tanks left jesse if you want one. ill hook you up :beer: also have ICey Res too.

Ive bein told power on lightings is limited to about 450rwhp

that's what i read as well. my buddy's HD blew up on him when he ran upper and lower pulley.

Pablo

Established Member
I ran a 7.9 with the mods I mentioned above, my tune was set at 12* of timing with the air fuel at 11.4....sorry cant remember what the exact dyno number where. Am sure I was far from the 450hp range.

Yea, Steve it's pretty easy to make good power for a competent tuner with this mods.

Pablo

Established Member
I don't have neither ported. The midplate wouldn't be a big deal to port though.

Shopboy

Established Member
Wow that is prettt quick.. does that include a tuner?..ill run the lighting Thursday.. hopping for 9.0
.. im Craigslist hunting for parts lol

No that was without a tune just exhaust n intake just with some nt555r's I guessing the cold weather hellped a lot

Krwy

Established Member
My L went 8.55 with a 1.89 60 ft time at Irwindale on Hankook street tires. That was with a JLT and Magnaflow magnapacks. Never went back after all the other mods

Pablo

Established Member
You probably won't see much difference with just a cai, but I would get one.

Last edited:

Pablo

Established Member
Oh sorry. I run a k&n cone filter and a c&l elbows it works for me. For a while I was running the stock plastic elbow with the k&n filter.

Users who are viewing this thread