fastest eaton Lightning

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
No i have not cleaned motor... i will double check connections ..then ill swap coils..all this started after tune up

Replace the boots on the coil packs. If they were stock they get old and brittle. I bet they tore and are causing the slight miss. I know this cuz I had the same thing happen and had some one tell me to replace the boots so I did and the problem was fixed

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
the stock spark plugs and crossing fingers it works

What brand were you running? motorcraft if stock pulleys or go to a ngk tr6 most autoparts stores have them as part# 4177 if I remember correctly.

What are your mods? what are you setting your gap at?
stock should be .044 but if you have a pulley go with a smaller gap. List your mods or pm me your # and I will help you out over the phone

jessie jaramill

Established Member
While expecting 9.0.. my result was 8.4 1.9 60ft with a k&n cone and SCT tuner..was very
Happy it ran that back to back 3 times..last one run 8.5 with street tires..not drag radials
I'm still not the fastest lightning... who has the fastest Eaton LIGHTNING??

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I'm pretty sure the fastest eaton lightning out there was in the 10s. I bought the modified eaton from that truck and it was stolen from my garage. It was highly modified with a super small ass reichard racing one off pulley. Can't remember the shop I bought the blower from that built the truck.

jokerzL

Established Member
On my 12.3 1/4 and 7.7 1/8th mile i had a 6 lb lower custom tune my custom ported blower intake plenum throttle body and midplate torque converter valve body drag radials traction bars cold air intake 2 cats removed h pipe into race mufflers. Also keep in mind cooling mods help as well.

Here is my lightning with my port

http://youtu.be/7BOkn2eZEmc

14 degrees of timing on my tune.

Users who are viewing this thread