Feeling out the market...99 Cobra for sale

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
This car doesn't need to be sold but of course for the right price anything is possible. Passed up a couple offers at the last car show but wasn't ready to sell. Both offers came in at 14 grand. I understand the market isn't the best right now but I wouldn't sell for much less then that. Not interested in trades. Its a 1999 with 48,xxx miles on her. Beatiful inside and out. Maintained extemely well and has always been garaged including the 4 years it spent in storage. It has all the basics: 4.10's, IRS brace, H&R super sport springs, BBK long tubes, BBK off road H-pipe, flowmater catback, MMR intake spacer, underdrive pullies, 1 inch rear wheel spacers, nitto drag radials, MGW short throw shifter, SCT tuner with BAMA tunes, new stereo JVC head unit, AEM wideband air/fuel, AEM water temp, and some others. Car runs strong.

Here are a couple pics:
carrrr010.jpg

carrrr009.jpg

carrrr001.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Should have taken the 14k. Car looks clean though.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
was the car repainted? clean carfax? just odd its missing both fender tags inthe engine bay area

car is 100% original paint besides the blend on the front bumper when I had the plate bracket removed. Tags were removed before before I owned it and most likley I would of removed them myself if they were still there due to OCD reasons. lol But I did collision repair work for 4 years and if this car got any body work done prior to me they did one hell of a remarkable job. Which wouldn't bother me any.

Last edited:

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
Clean looking cobra. It looks good with the spacers in the rear. I paid 13,000 for my 99 last summer with 60,000 miles. I wanted black and it was the nicest black one I could find and was in pristine condition and I was willing to pay for it. It may have been priced a little high on the scale but I wanted a mint black one. To the right buyer you could get what your asking for or close to it. It might be tough but if there is someone looking for your exact color and they want a nice one they might pay top dollar if they had their mind set on it like i did.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
Clean looking cobra. It looks good with the spacers in the rear. I paid 13,000 for my 99 last summer with 60,000 miles. I wanted black and it was the nicest black one I could find and was in pristine condition and I was willing to pay for it. It may have been priced a little high on the scale but I wanted a mint black one. To the right buyer you could get what your asking for or close to it. It might be tough but if there is someone looking for your exact color and they want a nice one they might pay top dollar if they had their mind set on it like i did.

I completly agree with you. I was severely picky when i got this car. I was hit up with two offers at one car show so it might be worth holding onto until the next one. Mine was the only 99 there. And it was mostly a mustang show. The spacers do wonders for it.

gimpy2011

Established Member
The market really sucks right now for 99-01 cobras. I just finished selling my 99 cobra with 58k on the clock, black on black, vortec at 10# and a bunch more goodies for $14,300.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
The market really sucks right now for 99-01 cobras. I just finished selling my 99 cobra with 58k on the clock, black on black, vortec at 10# and a bunch more goodies for $14,300.

Im starting to notice this. This car is beyond clean and I don't really have to sell so after this week it might be going back into storage for another few years. :banana:

2001 white top

Established Member
99-01 SVT's never got the respect they deserved when the 03-04's came out, but they do have a following, and with the low production #'s, I wouldn't be too quick to part with it.

Users who are viewing this thread