Feud at work! Roush P-51 Mustang vs. 02' Z06?

bunk22

Established Member
The 08 Vettes are LS3s, not LS2s. There's a big power difference between the LS2 C6s and the LS3 C6s, and it shows at the track and on the dyno. Just FYI. :)

Except for that new LS3 time (there's some debate over it being he "supposedly" retuned his car to stock after having it tuned), the LS2 still had the quickest 1/4 times, both stock and bolt-on. So thus far, the LS3 has been king only on the dyno. It should be the quicker and will at some point as soon as the drivers figure out the TM while stock I think.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
To the OP, consider yourself lucky,

all you ever hear about at my work place is domestic cars will blow up after 10 miles because they suck...

and everyone here will talk about their nissan 240, or wrx like its a exotic high end sports car. If its not a honda, toyota, nissan or german brand... its shit apparently.

Like i said, just consider yourself lucky you have disputes about some domestics... and heck they probably have FACTs in their argument too.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Except for that new LS3 time (there's some debate over it being he "supposedly" retuned his car to stock after having it tuned), the LS2 still had the quickest 1/4 times, both stock and bolt-on. So thus far, the LS3 has been king only on the dyno. It should be the quicker and will at some point as soon as the drivers figure out the TM while stock I think.

stock ls3 11.718 @119

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475271

Tunedprt91

Established Member
That's cool, i understand. Every year cars get more and more power. Can't really say C6's without including 08's which obviously have more power and I am sure would walk a C5Z. Now a C6 Z, that is a different story.

That being said, I think this would be a good race. As others here have said, I don't see the P-51 running in the 11's. If the C5Z is capable of that the Roush is in trouble. For my money, both will be in the low 12 area unless either gets a hella launch and there is a strong tailwind. I am sure everyone here would love to see a vid of this epic race......

Its cool I figured you thought I was talking about the ls3 c6 :)

Tunedprt91

Established Member
C6 have a LS7 & it is not slower then a C5 and the race here is a p51 Roush with a 02 C5 LS6 even if the Roush is alittle slow off the line this roush is go n to have no problem pass n this C5 & at a roll no prblem walk n the vett this Roush has a forged 500+ hp motor I highly dout that vett is putting down a extra 40hp without a tune & with just intake and exhaust.
Thats a funny little artical (you might get a face full of tail lights if you drive a cobra) ya right try the other way around.

I was talking about a C5z being faster than the ls2 C6. And only the C6z has the ls7.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
from out of left field.:rockon:

i believe some were saying the ls2 c6 is slower than the ls(6) c5 z06. which by the way is true by a little.

i also thought the race was between a c5 z06 and a blown mustang. again i have seen plenty of evidence that a c5 z can dive into the 11's stock. and yet there is still no evidence that the blown mustang can run 11's on stock tires!

Fixed a part for you :)

I think I caused all the confusion with my question earlier when I asked this:

Is the roush faster than the gt500? Because if I remember a ls2 c6 and the gt500 was a drivers race. And since the ls6 c5z is a tad faster than a ls2 c6 then we should know the outcome of the race in the thread title.

Sorry for the confusion :)

blueovalfan

Established Member
That is correct sir. 1 Person but that still means it has happened. :)

Besides not all cars are piloted by geriatrics that can't drive. :p To assume the mustang will always win because the other person can't drive it kind of naive isn't it?

I have seen alot of mustangs with guys that cant drive, around here you dont see many younger guys (under 30) in vettes unless its daddy's. Mostly just mustangs,firebirds,camaros, and rice running the lights here. I never said mustangs never lose either.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I have seen alot of mustangs with guys that cant drive, around here you dont see many younger guys (under 30) in vettes unless its daddy's. Mostly just mustangs,firebirds,camaros, and rice running the lights here. I never said mustangs never lose either.

:beer:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
bro you have your weight all messed up i bet that mustang is around 3600 and those c5 z05 are like 3080. Is the vette still on runflats?

C5 Z06 didn't come with runflats.. only the more plebian Corvettes did.. also the weight is 3115 lbs.. if its an 01, only has 385 hp, 02+ have 405 hp and in capable hands they can run high 11's around 118-120 (good track/good weather)

MidnightRambler

Established Member
Wow! There are some truly naieve people on this forum. LS2 C6's and C5 ZO6's DO NOT RUN 11's STOCK! If you believe that simply because some tool posted it on a forum somewhere, then you're spending way too much time on message boards and not nearly enough time at the track! :dw:

zosixin

Established Member
Wow! There are some truly naieve people on this forum. LS2 C6's and C5 ZO6's DO NOT RUN 11's STOCK! If you believe that simply because some tool posted it on a forum somewhere, then you're spending way too much time on message boards and not nearly enough time at the track! :dw:

I do think a stock c5 z can run in the 11's, must be at sea level and cool temp.
The track here in las Vegas at 2200 ft, will never happen. My z when stock ran a best 12.91 with a 1.91 60 ft. It is not going to run 11's at 90% of the tracks, but with perfect air and sea level with a good driver yes.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
is the race getting any closer yet I want to see this happed already

x2.

I've never seen any video or read any tests on the new Roush P51's, I think there only making 100 or something like that. I want to see what it will do.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

Just stop posting right now concerning Z's not be able to run 11's stock before you make yourself look even more retarded. It's widely known that it can be done, and has been verified several times. Not normal, but doable.

Denial is a helluva drug

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Just stop posting right now concerning Z's not be able to run 11's stock before you make yourself look even more retarded. It's widely known that it can be done, and has been verified several times. Not normal, but doable.

Denial is a helluva drug

x2... Years later and still people are in denial.

blkvenm97

Established Member
ok if yall think 2200 feet is bad how about 5500 feet in bristol tn? correct me if i'm wrong but that is SHITTY.....not only that but the majority of the time i run it's extremely hot....hopefully that explains my low 14s in my mostly stock 97 cobra that I ran a couple years ago spinning like hell....someone please help me here

blkvenm97

Established Member
not to butcher the post here but my car runs really well on the street against almost any car that it should run with...so that is definately not the issue...neither is the driver.....(since I'm driving it all the time when I have encounters) so someone please help me....I would think the edge goes to the roush with over 500 hp at torque but u newver know with the drivers or the vettes aerodynamic advantage.....

180ls1

Established Member

here is a link and all his times are verified no bs but if you choose not to believe it that is fine. have a nice day.
http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Driver_Cred.html

Users who are viewing this thread