Few Parts Installed. JLT CF, Smoked Corners, Hood Lifts

2Sharpie

Established Member
Chuck.........pick up his Roush kit. I love it.........and have no issues with "Roush" being stamped. You only notice it when your washing it, not driving it!!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Will be adding a few updates again this week as I prepare for Mustang Week.

Finally got my blue CF JLT CAI installed, everything fits very nicely.

jtlbluecfcai.jpg

Last edited:

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I still think a 1-pce CF would be sliiiick though :beer:

side. (See link above).[/QUOTE]

I am using JLT's 3 pc CF kit also. But, I think Bangastang now makes a 1 pc Rad. cover. And Jay is right, price goes up but I will probably sell my JLT 3 pc to use the 1 pc. It just looks so much better in 1 pc!!!

Carbon Fiber GT500 Radiator Cover

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
^ Yea I like my JLT cf pieces and he was the *only* place to get the blue.

I've got to do a little persuasive action on my passenger side extension to get it correct, but all in all it flows together and looks nice. The 3-piece looks more OEM-ish than the 1-piece though.

Forgot to mention, installed an L&M 66mm TB with the intake as well.

Installed today (pics later):

Steeda 555-4006; front LCA inserts
Magnaflow catted X
Shelby Perf. Parts/Scott Drake Billet shifter
Fatknobs 2 1/4" black knob

Still more to come in the next few days...

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Few pictures...

L&M 66mm TB:

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

Stock "X" vs. Magnaflow catted X...putting this up to illustrate the difference in the crossovers. I despise the stock design because it doesn't sound like an H or an X; it's just a goofy resonance chamber.

IMG_2619.jpg

Steeda front LCA hydramount bushing inserts. These are a nice, quick way to increase turn-in feel while retaining the stock bushings. These would have been 100x's nicer if they had machined a hex onto them so you could hold it with a wrench instead of wedging a block of wood between the floorpan and the "flat" spot on the top of the plate so you could properly torque them.

I scuffed them and painted them black with Duplicolor Caliper paint. They come as raw aluminum.

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

Shelby Perf. Parts/Scott Drake mfg. billet shifter: Probably should have waited for the MGW, but this is a nice shifter and give a great feel overall. I installed a grade 8 #10 washer to increase the spring tension a little bit and it feels nice.

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

Here you can see how flimsy the stock shifter is. Just a simply grasp and you can distort the torque rods all over the place; combine that with the soft body mount bushing, you're trying to make one wet noodle push another.

IMG_2625.jpg

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Short update...just fired it off and pee'd myself a little bit.

Maggie Catted X combined with the Roush Extreme Offroad tailpipes (shotgun muffs before the axle)...sheeebus...LOUD.

About like putting longtubes on almost. Good sound overall; but will have to be quietened down a little.

With a VMP tune, the car fired and has excellent drivability and manners right off the bat. Had no issues with the L&M TB being on there, idles fine, just give it time to relearn a little and it really does have superior drivability than stock. I'm sure a lot of it is in the tune, but the throttle body has a very nice curve to it and is totally tractable.

My initial reaction to the Steeda LCA bushings...well I used the "hard" inserts and it made the car how it should have felt from the factory. A very fractional amount of NVH on only the harshest of bumps. Road reflectors don't feel 'bad' and normal city streets are fine, but turn-in is much sweeter and crisp instead of soft and laggy.

More parts to be installed over the weekend :burnout:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Got illuminated door sills installed.

OEM parts (as expected) the "blue" matches the existing blue ambient lighting very nicely, though it isn't a 110% match; it's super close.

It lights a much more 'royal blue' than what is in this picture; just took it with my phone. Again, this picture doesn't show the correct blue-color that they actually are.

Took about 45mins to install, taking my sweet time. Running the wiring harness across the dash was the only inconvenient part, haha.

The only downside is that you don't get to enjoy them during the day. The "SVT" just appears white. But at night...at least you can impress your date or have that warm fuzzy feeling of coolness. Can't say I'd do these again for the money; but it's a cool novelty item nonetheless.

Image0195.jpg

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_...831048325320101807&store_id=1&product_id=6873

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Love the LM for sure.

The sills look great at night for sure.

Installed KR rear springs and Tokico Dspecs in the rear only, set @ 3-turns out; rides great and is well-matched to the front. Having the "soft" rear end down and settled feels great.

KR rears lowered the rear end 1/2" initially, I'll recheck once it settles. The front is maybe 1/8" lower, just enough that it looks "right" on the new wheels.

Pics to come much later during MustangWeek.

Went with CS69's in Hyperblack; 20x9, 20x10 with the inexpensive General Exclaim UHP's...couldn't justify double the price for Toyo's and other pricier tires...Plan on having fun with these. 265/front 295/rear. The 295 in the rear really isn't any wider than the stock 295; but having the 10" wheel pushing it down properly looks great; same goes for the front.

Going to the Maggie Catted X was about like going to longtubes. Tons-o-volume. Still running the Roush Extreme tailpipes with the shotgun mufflers and put KR mufflers out back. Has a pretty traditional 4V wail; will get soundclips sometime as well.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Short update...just fired it off and pee'd myself a little bit.

Maggie Catted X combined with the Roush Extreme Offroad tailpipes (shotgun muffs before the axle)...sheeebus...LOUD.

About like putting longtubes on almost. Good sound overall; but will have to be quietened down a little.

With a VMP tune, the car fired and has excellent drivability and manners right off the bat. Had no issues with the L&M TB being on there, idles fine, just give it time to relearn a little and it really does have superior drivability than stock. I'm sure a lot of it is in the tune, but the throttle body has a very nice curve to it and is totally tractable.

My initial reaction to the Steeda LCA bushings...well I used the "hard" inserts and it made the car how it should have felt from the factory. A very fractional amount of NVH on only the harshest of bumps. Road reflectors don't feel 'bad' and normal city streets are fine, but turn-in is much sweeter and crisp instead of soft and laggy.

More parts to be installed over the weekend :burnout:

Try STOCK '10 GT500 Mufflers...that is what I am using with my Magnaflow X w/Cats. Good sound, no drone and can be bought dirt cheap from '10 owner who needs to sell them. Saw a set in the classifieds for $100, don't know if they sold though.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
^ Heard them on some Lethal O/R X's and just didn't like the tin-can sound. I know they'll be better with the catted, but I've got a pair of FRPP GTA's and I think they're pretty close to the '10 mufflers overall, save for the tip size/design.

I'm really happy with the current setup, I've had 10+ muffler sets and never found "the" sound til now.

Are the '10's not a little too long for the 07-9 rear valance?

Quick shot taken with my phone after I got the wheels on. Better pics to come.

Image0204.jpg

Lots of things left to do in total; but that's it for this round. Have a pair of Agent 47 mirrors that may get installed if I get a chance and that will round out the exterior mods.

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
^^^^ correct-a hair longer but some are okay with it

I remember that maggie with those boom tubes...crazy/LMAO

Soon I'm going with the Mac's (custom/extra baffle inside muffler.) And that
would be my lucky 13 set-up....hahahaha

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
^ The Maggie X w/ the Roush extreme mufflers and deletes in the rear was liveable. I may go back to that when I get a really wild hair. It sounded wicked! Just not what I want most of the time though.

I can't stand the tips being far out. The FRPP GTB/OEM Bullitt mufflers stuck out too far for me when I tried them. I like the tips to tuck pretty tight; just beyond the spars of the lower bumper diffuser.

I started to hang the BT's back there just to see, but I alternated between a pair of Pypes Violators (full size can, louvered core, no packing) and the KR's today. So I didn't other trying the BT's considering the Violators were still kinda raspy in combination with the Roush's before the axle. The Violators would work if they had some packing in them, I'd actually prefer that over the KR's probably. Or try it at least.

If I change mufflers any more I may have to put Helicoils in the body for the exhaust hanger bolts (kidding).

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Few pics of a couple more things.

Put some weatherstripping around the top edge of the JLT heat shield. The shield fits and looks fine as it comes and fits nicely into the "pocket" of the hood pad just fine.

However, I wanted a little more finished look and a slightly better seal against the hoodpad so I put this on.

IMG_2642.jpg

Having the seal under the maf body blocks some air, but doesn't make a tight seal. I put some proper diameter vacuum tubing inside at certain parts so it would keep it's shape better on the top edges, but need to go back and do the same for the bottom of the horseshoe.

IMG_2641.jpg

Few shots in the parking lot after a washjob for MW Friday...

KR rear springs only, Tokico D-specs set @ 3-turns out, rides perfect, handles better and sits better. The front is just fractionally lower than the front, no accurate measurements at this point.

100_2067.jpg

100_2055.jpg

100_2062.jpg

100_2061.jpg

100_2065.jpg

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
And for those wondering about the red Fox in the relection, that is the "Coupri" that was written up in MMFF or 5.0 a while back. (Capri fenders and rear 1/4's grafted onto a coupe, painted perf. red.)

Users who are viewing this thread