Few Pix of my 67 Camaro

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
CLEAN looking Camaro. The wheels are kinda wrong for the car though. Some 8" Rally wheels would look awesome on it now that it's sitting lower. Or, some 17" Rally wheels so you can run modern sized tires. Something like an American Racing Torq Thrust, or a Mini Light, in 17" would give it the Trans Am racing vibe too.

Quik Z06

Established Member
CLEAN looking Camaro. The wheels are kinda wrong for the car though. Some 8" Rally wheels would look awesome on it now that it's sitting lower. Or, some 17" Rally wheels so you can run modern sized tires. Something like an American Racing Torq Thrust, or a Mini Light, in 17" would give it the Trans Am racing vibe too.

Thanks, but the thing is EVERYONE runs a Torque Thrust wheel or similar so I definitely wanted to stay away from that style. I plan on changing the wheels in the future and im not a fan of the rally wheels at all. I'll either go with some True Forged or Budnik wheels down the road.

jdh1213

2.8 Kenne Bell
Established Member
Love the car. Wheels aren't proper for the time, but look OK. I personally think they look good on the car. It's in you garage and you can fix that later. Nice snab.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nice looking '67, but IMO the stock interior looked better!

Maybe for the purist who had to have the "deluxe" interior, but IMO the black with white stripe did not match well with the rest of the car. Personally I love the custom look instead of looking into the car and seeing the plain old boring look that someone else might have, especially since it will see a lot of shows.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Maybe for the purist who had to have the "deluxe" interior, but IMO the black with white stripe did not match well with the rest of the car. Personally I love the custom look instead of looking into the car and seeing the plain old boring look that someone else might have, especially since it will see a lot of shows.

Plus, it's a pair of seats. It's not like you've cut off the roof and air brushed a bow-tie onto the hood.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Looks good put some stock wheels on it! At least you left the spoiler off. So many 67's have the 68 spoiler on them. My car did too. What all options besides Custom Deluxe interior did it have? My data plate on my 7 seemed to go on and on. here is my old one.

camaroresto6.jpg

Quik Z06

Established Member
Looks good put some stock wheels on it! At least you left the spoiler off. So many 67's have the 68 spoiler on them. My car did too. What all options besides Custom Deluxe interior did it have? My data plate on my 7 seemed to go on and on. here is my old one.

Not even too sure what else was an option. Seems like it's been out at a different shop more than I've actually had it. Oh and I do have a wing for it :D I know it's not correct for the car, but I love the way they look with the wing. Im not worried about keeping it all original, it will still hold it's value regardless.

It's almost done, here are a couple more pix. He did way more in the trunk than I was expecting. Lol, I was just expecting some black carpet and panels to cover the fenders.

frnt.jpg

trunk.jpg

And yes the car is really dirty. Got caught in a rain storm on the way over to his place. I was not happy about that.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Nice looking car. A lot wouldn't know because I never post about it, but I have a 72 Camaro SS with a BBC in it as well. Fun cars!

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, no worries, the way it's turning out with the interior etc, the wheels will be replaced soon. Maybe next spring/summer since it won't get driven much here shortly. Just have to decide on which brand to go with, I do love TF wheels but their are some other wheels I like as well.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Polished Classics or SP500s would look SICK on it. Though the "touring" style muscle car look is growing on me, I still say these cars look best with a set of slicks and skinnies on them.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yea, I was talking to Steve about his new "Competition" wheels, those look similar to the CCW's, even the RS10's. I was thinking chrome or polished lip with brushed center.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Great choice Pete! Its a great color, and the interior looks really good. I like the custom touches.

I know it gets done alot, but drop an LS in that bad boy, with a 6 speed!! You really cant beat the power, driveability and MPGs of a well built, easy to drive toy!!

Quik Z06

Established Member
Those seats came out nice! What shop did you go to?

Actually the guy used to have a shop but now he does it from home. It's a guy in Ceres, lives close to Walmart.

Great choice Pete! Its a great color, and the interior looks really good. I like the custom touches.

I know it gets done alot, but drop an LS in that bad boy, with a 6 speed!! You really cant beat the power, driveability and MPGs of a well built, easy to drive toy!!

Lol, thanks Dave. Yea we'll see how it goes, I didn't want to drop a lot of money into this car, but it has already started :D

Users who are viewing this thread