finally... after 6 years of being a member here...

kaz109

Established Member
Congrats.....enjoy it. I have heard it is a great drivers car

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Thanks guys! Yep. The ZR1 is gone. I put it on the enclosed trailer on saturday to ship to the new owner. I almost shed a tear as it pulled away. With the C7 Z coming out I was terrified about the value dropping. I had almost $100k into it with the purchase price ($78k) and mods ($20k).

Prototype007

Established Member
Thanks guys! Yep. The ZR1 is gone. I put it on the enclosed trailer on saturday to ship to the new owner. I almost shed a tear as it pulled away. With the C7 Z coming out I was terrified about the value dropping. I had almost $100k into it with the purchase price ($78k) and mods ($20k).

Did Sick03Vert sell his Vert C6 for a $100K in order for him to make this purchase? :lol:

I kid! :beer:

VegasMichael

Established Member
Nice addition to the family. I spent 2.5 years on these boards before getting a SVT ride so you got me beat. I think SVTP should start some sort of "Gone but not Forgotten" forum for cars we loved but no longer have.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Man I can't believe you sold the ZR1... You had a monster. I would've scrapped the Z06.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Congrats on the new purchase OP! Can't wait for the pics. Any mods planned?

Slight?? More like Big.

I agree!

I thought about doing the same thing till I test drove the STANG and I just could not bring myself to get rid off my ZR1.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! But I, too, am a bit surprised (maybe shocked is a better word) that you went from your ZR1 Vette to a GT-500. They're very different cars, of course. I don't think I could have done the same thing. But, I'm sure you have your reasons. I wish you the best with it. The black paint is killer on a GT-500 IMO. Enjoy it! :beer:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Thanks guys. Every car I buy I always say im going to just keep it stock, then I dont. But, with that said, I plan on keeping it stock(ish).

I would need to find an extremely reputable shop somewhere in the north east to build it first before I went ahead and bought mods.

Its definately slower and feels bigger, but overall, im happy. The next steps forward for the ZR1 would have been expensive. I thought about putting an obnoxiously overbuilt motor in the ZR1 and putting the LS9 in my C5 Zbut then that would have been money out the window. I can basically build my C5 Z to 1000rwhp and be into it a whole lot less. I didnt think the market for a 1000rwhp ZR1 would be there as much.

Users who are viewing this thread