FINALLY DONE!! First F1X procharger on a coyote EVER!!!

blk00gtvert

Established Member
The told me I over heated it and that's why the block messed up.....

Also the motor was supposed to be a big bore more but it's stock bore.... but... doesn't matter. It's in the past. We will let it lay for now.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That's almost even worse... Payed for increased displacement and received stock?

SMDH

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The told me I over heated it and that's why the block messed up.....

Also the motor was supposed to be a big bore more but it's stock bore.... but... doesn't matter. It's in the past. We will let it lay for now.

We wanted to chime in quickly and present some facts and clarification. 1. The customer did request a 3.700 bore, we did not feel comfortable using the factory head gasket on the larger bore at that time (this was a Gen 1 block sold in 2013), the customer was notified of this and we explained this clearly to him, furthermore there is no price difference for STD bore (3.630) or 3.700 ( so he did not pay for something that he didnt get, ie - there was no upcharge). 2. We told the customer we are happy to look at it, the shop/customer said they were just going to fix the blown headgaskets (which at that point they thought it was all it had) and simply put it back together, we were told later that the engine may have also had cracks in it. Needless to say the block was never sent to us, so of course there is nothing we can do if the parts are not returned to us. We are unable to verify the validity of this claim or the reasons that it may have happened. A blown headgasket (water entering the combustion chamber) will certainly cause cylinder deformation, the bottom line is you cannot compress water, it is likely that the blown headgasket (which is a known fact and stated to us by the install shop) damaged the block by water entering the chamber and trying to compress it (hydrolocking) - unfortunately something has to give. Moving forward, we would love to get this block back to our facility for inspection and even though it is no longer under warranty MMR will gladly replace it if the blown headgasket/hydrolocking is not the cause of the cracked block. blk00gtvert, we are very sorry that you had a issue - regardless of cause and as we stated prior we are still happy to revisit the failure for possible warranty consideration.

blk00gtvert

Established Member
We wanted to chime in quickly and present some facts and clarification. 1. The customer did request a 3.700 bore, we did not feel comfortable using the factory head gasket on the larger bore at that time (this was a Gen 1 block sold in 2013), the customer was notified of this and we explained this clearly to him, furthermore there is no price difference for STD bore (3.630) or 3.700 ( so he did not pay for something that he didnt get, ie - there was no upcharge). 2. We told the customer we are happy to look at it, the shop/customer said they were just going to fix the blown headgaskets (which at that point they thought it was all it had) and simply put it back together, we were told later that the engine may have also had cracks in it. Needless to say the block was never sent to us, so of course there is nothing we can do if the parts are not returned to us. We are unable to verify the validity of this claim or the reasons that it may have happened. A blown headgasket (water entering the combustion chamber) will certainly cause cylinder deformation, the bottom line is you cannot compress water, it is likely that the blown headgasket (which is a known fact and stated to us by the install shop) damaged the block by water entering the chamber and trying to compress it (hydrolocking) - unfortunately something has to give. Moving forward, we would love to get this block back to our facility for inspection and even though it is no longer under warranty MMR will gladly replace it if the blown headgasket/hydrolocking is not the cause of the cracked block. blk00gtvert, we are very sorry that you had a issue - regardless of cause and as we stated prior we are still happy to revisit the failure for possible warranty consideration.

absoultly understandable.... i have indeed not sent the block back. this was not to slander you in anyway. thats why i said i didnt want to get into it. we were just more concenred getting the car back on the road and deal with the broken block later. we will send the block back once this beast is up and running. :) again this thread is NOT a MMR vs the world thread. im sure we will work it out.

i will tell you (again not arguing. i stating it so you can see for yourself later) there is nothing in my life that i am more sure of than the fact that this was NOT water getting into cylinder. you will of course see once you get it back. there was NEVER a single puff of white smoke, pistons are perfect gaskets were perfect (other thatn it leaking from one cylinder to the other. it never even really pushed coolant out the cap. it JUST pushed a air pocket into the cooling sysytem. and had massive blowby and failed a leakdown test horribly... so we pulled it apart.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
absoultly understandable.... i have indeed not sent the block back. this was not to slander you in anyway. thats why i said i didnt want to get into it. we were just more concenred getting the car back on the road and deal with the broken block later. we will send the block back once this beast is up and running. :) again this thread is NOT a MMR vs the world thread. im sure we will work it out.

No problem, we are very interested to see it and will certainly get to the bottom of it.

BMR Tech

Matt, good to see you making good power with it.

Safe to assume, the car will be making some passes at BMP shortly after the fuel system?

blk00gtvert

Established Member
well fuel system finished up and now this bitch is cooking :)

here are some random pics i took. the fore system is absolutly BAD ASS!!!

20150116_161434.jpg

20150117_113945.jpg

20150117_164305.jpg

20150117_164419.jpg

20150117_164514.jpg

OK so now for some updates. worked on the tune a bit more got the power to 866 to the tire but i noticed it wasnt quite right up top. thought it might be some spark blow out. pulled the plug and closed the gap down some and went to redyno and it was breaking up terrible. so i figured i had a bad plug. so i swapped in another set of fresh plugs as these have been in there for a while and HOLY COW!!!

dyno_1.jpg

and this is still on 15 degrees....

SO running late we headed to the track and unfortunitly i only got one pass before they closed. water in the tank was like bath water by the time i got there as no heat exhanger but we are planning on icing it anyway. well we had no time to ice it and i was only going to leave easy and shut it down at the 1/8th to get some data.

SO:

leaving like a bitch (1.7 60' lol) and i shut it down at the 1/8th mile strip and coasted my way to a 10.1 lol

my best pass on the f1c was 114 in the 1/8th. last night leaving soft it went 118. so im up 4 mph in the 1/8th just goofing around... looking promising..

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
well fuel system finished up and now this bitch is cooking :)

here are some random pics i took. the fore system is absolutly BAD ASS!!!

20150116_161434.jpg

20150117_113945.jpg

20150117_164305.jpg

20150117_164419.jpg

20150117_164514.jpg

OK so now for some updates. worked on the tune a bit more got the power to 866 to the tire but i noticed it wasnt quite right up top. thought it might be some spark blow out. pulled the plug and closed the gap down some and went to redyno and it was breaking up terrible. so i figured i had a bad plug. so i swapped in another set of fresh plugs as these have been in there for a while and HOLY COW!!!

dyno_1.jpg

and this is still on 15 degrees....

SO running late we headed to the track and unfortunitly i only got one pass before they closed. water in the tank was like bath water by the time i got there as no heat exhanger but we are planning on icing it anyway. well we had no time to ice it and i was only going to leave easy and shut it down at the 1/8th to get some data.

SO:

leaving like a bitch (1.7 60' lol) and i shut it down at the 1/8th mile strip and coasted my way to a 10.1 lol

my best pass on the f1c was 114 in the 1/8th. last night leaving soft it went 118. so im up 4 mph in the 1/8th just goofing around... looking promising..

Epic numbers!

Looks like perseverance has paid off.

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Yes were getting there...

Nothing really new... been plying with it on the street a bit. Working on Drivability. Patiently waiting untill this coming thurs which is a test and tune. If all goes well there is a heads up shootout fri I'm entering the car in. Gonna try and have the car make money for a change instead of cost money....lol

Users who are viewing this thread