Finally Drove A Trackhawk And...

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Buy a used F250 for towing and a used P-car SUV for less than the price of a new P-car SUV. In 3-5 years you will have saved $20k+ in depreciation, and you will be 10x safer while towing.

Just because you “can” tow X# pounds with a vehicle doesn’t mean you should.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Dang, some of you are being pretty harsh on the OP. He may have been underwhelmed with the power and noise levels but he didn't say it was a POS. Everyone has a different perspective on what is fast and what is an acceptable noise level.

There definitely are better choices for towing but that isn't what he strictly needs it for. That is just one criteria he needs for his next vehicle. Some of the other choices people are telling him to go with would require him to settle when it comes to interior and ride quality (and power too).

I mean it's fine to say you don't like his choices but at least give alternatives based on his other criteria he listed and not insinuate he is stupid for even considering the options he wrote.

You know damn well why they're being harsh. Half these dudes are like women and hold grudges from thread to thread. Had this been any other poster this thread would be waaaayy different imo.

Stanger00

Established Member
I can't tell if you are just misreading or misinterpreting or what. Your math is assuming that someone is going to load up the car with ~1500# of non people cargo. Sure at that point, you can't sit in your car or tow. But nobody is gonna be doing that, because you are going to want to drive. A Cayenne plus a portly 275# driver is well under 6300#. Cayenne curb, as stated on the chart I provided is 5000+/-

Following your interpretation, a bum stock F250--- yellow (trailer) is 13000, green (GCWR) is 23000. Blue (GVWR) is 10000. Guess everyone better stop towing with F-250s lol.

Haha. I did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klay

Established Member
You know damn well why they're being harsh. Half these dudes are like women and hold grudges from thread to thread. Had this been any other poster this thread would be waaaayy different imo.

I'm sure that plays a role. I've also noticed a lot of people really like the performance based dodge products as of late here, so that likely plays a role too.

Even though I don't really ever agree politically with GTPremi, that doesnt mean I can't respect him or his other post. I guess it is too much to ask for others to do the same (if that is why they are giving him a hard time). To be fair though, some probably just don't agree with his assessment as opposed to what he has said in other threads.

LogiWorld123

Established Member

Just a bunch of Ferd hosers wishin' they had a Parsh

Dusten

Established Member
if i was going to buy a premium luxury suv for towing duty in this price realm it would definitely be a navigator black label, 450hp, 10spd and a world class interior. It also has a much higher tow rating and in general built way tougher than any of those euro-trash unibody cross-over "suvs."
Weren't you an ardent ecoboost hater?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Dang, some of you are being pretty harsh on the OP. He may have been underwhelmed with the power and noise levels but he didn't say it was a POS. Everyone has a different perspective on what is fast and what is an acceptable noise level.
Dang yo,...........you mustn't have noticed, but the Trackhawk does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
It does 0-100 in 8/8.5 seconds and runs mid 11's in the quarter mile. Yeah,.......that's fast, especially for a suv.
As for the noise, I don't personally know about that.

Klay

Established Member
Dang yo,...........you mustn't have noticed, but the Trackhawk does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
It does 0-100 in 8/8.5 seconds and runs mid 11's in the quarter mile. Yeah,.......that's fast, especially for a suv.
As for the noise, I don't personally know about that.

I definitely don't want to give the impression I agree that it is slow or unimpressive. It for sure is faster and nicer than my car.

I only wanted to point out his assessment simply said he was disappointed with performance, not that it was super slow. It wasn't a crazy negative review.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Don’t sugar coat it.... say what you really want to.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

It is very well possible the vehicle sitting for a while, the flat spots on the tires and likely old gas played a role in how it drove. But that isn't the OP's fault. The dealership should take better care of their vehicles, especially vehicles at this price.

There definitely are better choices for towing but that isn't what he strictly needs it for. That is just one criteria he needs for his next vehicle. Some of the other choices people are telling him to go with would require him to settle when it comes to interior and ride quality (and power too).

I mean it's fine to say you don't like his choices but at least give alternatives based on his other criteria he listed and not insinuate he is stupid for even considering the options he wrote.

It may have something to do with the op threatening the whole forum with physical violence and the fact that he’s a racist. But I could be wrong.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
You act like it’s something special to own a Porsche. Like an exclusive club or something. When in fact all it takes is a fool and some money. Not really very difficult to achieve.

I do not want to own one.

9nohQh4.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member

Either you’re at the bottom or you’re at the top. Where you wanna be?

It may have something to do with the op threatening the whole forum with physical violence and the fact that he’s a racist. But I could be wrong.

Allll this.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
These guys are making good points.

If I was in your position and had $140k to spend on a single car to drive and tow with, I would buy a used half ton for 20k to tow the boat and do chores. Then probably go for a well equipped Macan. Mostly because I like that more than the Cayenne lol.

But then I'd be stuck paying taxes, insurance, maintenance, etc. on a vehicle that I don't want.

It is very well possible the vehicle sitting for a while, the flat spots on the tires and likely old gas played a role in how it drove. But that isn't the OP's fault. The dealership should take better care of their vehicles, especially vehicles at this price.

Wow. Somebody who actually read my post without a chip on his shoulder! Bravo! Your assessment is spot on!

You are 1000000% correct! Those specific mofos follow me around from thread to thread specifically just to try to start crap with me. All because they can't over themselves. If they're incapable of making the effort to ignore my posts, all they have to do is go to my profile and click Ignore. The software will do the rest. Easy peasy.

The only person on the planet who wants $200k in vehicles....

And have one be a mustang and one be a jeep

So, I'm the only "car guy" on the planet who's capable of liking a diverse range of cars across all brands?? Nah. That's not possible because @treynor has multiple millions of dollars in exotics, but he still owns/owned Mustangs and some FCA cars. I guess he and I are some oddballs. He has exponentially more money than I do, though. It wasn't long ago that somebody here accused me of being "just a Ford fanboy." LOL And for the record, I don't care if I had a Bugatti Chiron. There would STILL be a Mustang parked beside it! If I like it and can afford it, I buy it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So, I'm the only "car guy" on the planet who's capable of liking a diverse range of cars across all brands?? And for the record, I don't care if I had a Bugatti Chiron. There would STILL be a Mustang parked beside it! If I like it and can afford it, I buy it.
Same here.
If it looks killer, sounds killer and runs killer,........I want it! I don't care what brand it is.

Users who are viewing this thread