Finally going to start installing "new" DC heads. Need advice

IllCobra

Established Member
Just want to give an update on what's going on with my car.

Tim at MPR gave me the bad news a while ago and I just never update the thread since it was a little frustrating receiving it lol I'm cool with it now since I will almost have a new car. Anyway, looks like the seat and valve did more damage to the piston and wall than i thought. I now have new Manley 11cc pistons, .20 bored, DC heads, cleaned up block (in & out), and a lot of other misc. stuff not really worth mentioning that makes this motor a lot stronger than it would have ever been otherwise.
Below are pictures of the damage as well as the new motor. A few small things still need to be done to make it perfect but all that will be done before the motor goes in.
If i'm lucky, she'll be running by the end of the month, but I just moved to Orlando for a new job and they have me going back and fourth between there and New York so we'll see how that goes.

As you can see, one got it a lot worse than the other
20170805_132401_HDR.jpg
lol

20170805_132456_HDR.jpg
20170805_132503_HDR.jpg
20170805_132418_HDR (1).jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
Mind sharing what your bill was? I know everyone's will vary slightly but if I ever build a motor I'll probably use the crank and rods and just get new pistons and hardware similar to you.

IllCobra

Established Member
Mind sharing what your bill was? I know everyone's will vary slightly but if I ever build a motor I'll probably use the crank and rods and just get new pistons and hardware similar to you.
I don't mind at all. Let me see if i can find the invoice...

IllCobra

Established Member
Note that this total does not include the ARP 2000 Headstuds I bought before I found out the pistons were damaged which were $370 and the DC heads I bought used for $600 plus $780 to get resurfaced, valve job, new seals, ect.

MPR Bill.PNG
MPR Bill 2.PNG

Last edited:

IllCobra

Established Member
FINALLY!! It's pretty much all done. i still have a few parts that need to be installed and it'll be perfect. As nice as the stock rims look i got new ones coming. I also have some new front bushings, steeda 2X balljoints and bump steer kit, MM CC plates, H&R race springs, headlights, JLT high boost intake, SCT2600 maf, and 60 lb injectors still in their boxes waiting to be installed.

We had some nice weather Saturday so I finally got to enjoy it....not too much since I won't be getting it tuned until next month. Here's some pics.

20180414_105939_HDR.jpg

20180414_105925_HDR.jpg

20180414_110347_HDR.jpg

20180414_105853_HDR.jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
Congrats. Guess I missed your reply with the bill. Not bad really

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

IllCobra

Established Member
Congrats. Guess I missed your reply with the bill. Not bad really

Not at all really. It's pretty much a new engine. Can't wait to get it tuned so i can really see what it does.

MG0h3

Established Member
We’re the factory pistons 11cc or do you know what your CR is now?

Users who are viewing this thread