Finally got a Allocation!

Avenger2013

Established Member
91svtbird,

I believe there might be a simple miscommunication of term locked.

Has your dealer shown you their Ford Dealer Order Sheet with your name next to your order number? If your name and order number along with your car's info says "Locked-?", then that is the same as my situation. However, if the dealer has just told you that your order is "locked" in their system (as in they have put your order in the system) then your situation is different. If your dealer has not shown you the Order Sheet, ask to see it. You can also ask to change an option on your car (say you now want to change the stripe color). If your dealer says that your option can be changed, then your vehicle is not "Locked-?" on the order sheet.

Please let me know what you find out and I will also share my milestone datse (getting VIN, etc) as my order progresses (crossing my fingers).

I hope you get your VIN and build date soon!

91svtbird

Established Member
91svtbird,

I believe there might be a simple miscommunication of term locked.

Has your dealer shown you their Ford Dealer Order Sheet with your name next to your order number? If your name and order number along with your car's info says "Locked-?", then that is the same as my situation. However, if the dealer has just told you that your order is "locked" in their system (as in they have put your order in the system) then your situation is different. If your dealer has not shown you the Order Sheet, ask to see it. You can also ask to change an option on your car (say you now want to change the stripe color). If your dealer says that your option can be changed, then your vehicle is not "Locked-?" on the order sheet.

Please let me know what you find out and I will also share my milestone datse (getting VIN, etc) as my order progresses (crossing my fingers).

I hope you get your VIN and build date soon!

It said locked in his dealer order status print out from Ford . I left him a voice mail and my dealer is looking into it further today with his zone rep.

Users who are viewing this thread