Finally got a Allocation!

Avenger2013

Established Member
Chris,

I am new to the forum, but I feel uncomfortable at the way Drmustang keeps attacking you. It seems everyone else is quite fond of you. I guess there is "always one".

I sat down with my dealer and ordered my car on 10 Aug. On the order sheet it now shows "Locked-?". What should that mean to me? My dealer said I should be getting my VIN this week. Does that timeline check?

Thanks for the education.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Chris,

I am new to the forum, but I feel uncomfortable at the way Drmustang keeps attacking you. It seems everyone else is quite fond of you. I guess there is "always one".

I sat down with my dealer and ordered my car on 10 Aug. On the order sheet it now shows "Locked-?". What should that mean to me? My dealer said I should be getting my VIN this week. Does that timeline check?

Locked means you cant make any changes to the order, and usually comes before they pick up the order....could be good news for you soon

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Chris,

Thanks buddy! He just doesn't get it- and that's ok, One day when he gets over himself he will. Thanks for the kind words

Devious is correct! Locked means that you can't make any more changes to your order- the next step is VIN and scheduling! The timeline jives with me

Avenger2013

Established Member
Thanks buddy! He just doesn't get it- and that's ok, One day when he gets over himself he will. Thanks for the kind words

Devious is correct! Locked means that you can't make any more changes to your order- the next step is VIN and scheduling! The timeline jives with me

I have the order # and dealer #. Is there anywhere online I can go to see if the VIN has been created? I am excited, but hesitant to keep "bugging" my dealer.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I have the order # and dealer #. Is there anywhere online I can go to see if the VIN has been created? I am excited, but hesitant to keep "bugging" my dealer.

no, nothing online until you get your VIN at which point you can see the window sticker approximately 7 days before build date, give or take. Give your dealer a chance to update you, if you havent gotten word in a week or so, then shoot him an email or call

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

Your dealer will have to give it to you. Should be coming soon if you are locked. Then once you have the VIN it should be less than 2 weeks to build.

91svtbird

Established Member
Your dealer will have to give it to you. Should be coming soon if you are locked. Then once you have the VIN it should be less than 2 weeks to build.

Not necessarily so...mine was "locked" on May 10th with partial vin# ...still no complete vin# or build date.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Not necessarily so...mine was "locked" on May 10th with partial vin# ...still no complete vin# or build date.

you sir are the exception to the rule, I feel for you and I would urge you to get on your dealers ass to find out whats up, GM , regional Rep whomever :fm:

drmustang

Banned
Chris,

You have been a member of this forum for one day now and this is your 3rd post. You seem to be overly complimentary of Chris and concerned about his well being. Very, very \, weird. You are from Oklahoma? It would be interesting to see where your IP address places you.

Avenger2013

Established Member
You have been a member of this forum for one day now and this is your 3rd post. You seem to be overly complimentary of Chris and concerned about his well being. Very, very \, weird. You are from Oklahoma? It would be interesting to see where your IP address places you.

Well I believe my IP address will place me in...Oklahoma. Since that is where I am.

I am curious about where your extreme poor manners originate from. I attribute it to a low self esteem. How about you stop attacking people and be either a positive contributor or just stop contributing.

nc_super_snake

Established Member
I just simply want to know if im going to get a car this year or not LMAO..Its ordered and in processing with no scheduled date yet but then again it was only ordered on Aug 10th. This will be my dealers 2nd shelby. they have already ordered and sold 1. I dont care if it takes til Christmas that will be a great present but it would be nice for someone that really knows to give me a educated guess to rather they think ill get my 13 by Dec or will i have to roll the order over til a 14 and wait 10 more months!! My dealer doesnt have another allocation yet but was told by shelby america and Ford/SVT to place the order and hope that it would get allocated! FORD did stress the fact that there going to try to fill all the orders and meet all the customers demands. Whats your thoughts guys..will i get a car this year or not? If not its screwed up that theres dealers that still have allocations but wanting 10k over msrp. There just sitting there hoping to find a desperete somebody thats willing to pay that..I want the car but i WILL NOT do such. Thats dirty on a dealers part and ill wait on my dealer as long as it takes..getting it for 1k under msrp!

Snoopy49

Established Member
There are people here that ordered in Mar and are still not scheduled. I'm not saying your dealer won't get another allocation,, but it doesn't look good.

91svtbird

Established Member
you sir are the exception to the rule, I feel for you and I would urge you to get on your dealers ass to find out whats up, GM , regional Rep whomever :fm:

I don't believe I am the exception I think there are many others waiting for months without any word from Ford as to when they will be scheduled.

I know of two others personally (friends) from the NJ area that also ordered back in April, one actually ordered in March as soon as the order banks opened he is a 1st allocation order the other like myself is a 2nd allocation order. All of us have our orders at the plant and locked since early May....nothing since then. The dealers are small dealers but my dealer here in CT has already sold and delivered their first allocation car back in June so mine is next.

I have been in contact with my dealer throughout and was recently told it would be a Sept build date but I am doubting it will happen because I still don't have a build date yet and the plant is about to shut down for the next two weeks. I plan on contacting him today to push him once again. It's looking more and more like I will get the car just in time to put it away for the winter...:nonono:

The biggest problem I have is the absolute silence from Ford and their unwillingness to give any info out to their customers (and dealers) about the status if their $60+K order....very poor customer consideration or appreciation shown by Ford to their most loyal of customers. Customers have a right to know at least approximately when a product of this importance and expense will be built and delivered,,,,why all the secrecy and silence to their customers?...all I keep getting from Ford's customer service is "your car will not be scheduled this week , have a nice day" I believe they know exactly when it will be scheduled after all they've had the order for four months now and "locked" in their system but for whatever reason they refuse to say anything.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Usually when you are locked it's at the latest a few weeks to a VIN and a month or so to build.

You being the second allocation might have something to do with it not being the case, but I am not 100% sure on that.

91svtbird

Established Member
Usually when you are locked it's at the latest a few weeks to a VIN and a month or so to build.

You being the second allocation might have something to do with it not being the case, but I am not 100% sure on that.

I'm thinking it is really three factors at play...
(1) Second Allocation
(2) CT and NJ region?
(3)small dealers that don't sell a high number of Mustangs

That said Ford should be more forthcoming with when they plan to schedule the build and say when to expect delivery of the car. That's my beef.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I just ordered mine about 2 weeks ago here in NJ. If you don't mind me asking would you tell what the two dealers are that your friends ordered from? I know it'll be a while for mine, which is fine but I am curious if it will around Christmas or May 2013 :shrug: You can PM me if you wish.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread