Finally got a Allocation!

drmustang

Banned
I'm a different case. I work for a company associated with the auto industry and I'm a Ford Legacy . I'm .0001% of car buyers, who has A plan, D plan, and X plan all available at anytime.

Comparing what I paid- to what someone else pays is irrelevant- as my family's contributions to Ford- for 80+ years may warrant a good deal. I don't think anyone here or anyone who knows how it works will argue with that.

I think it's fair to say if a dealer wants to start negotiations at $10k over sticker. It's fair for the buyer to start at $10k under- and meet in the middle- at MSRP for a Shelby. The value of the car far exceeds the MSRP-making MSRP a good, fair deal for many.

Don't take my word for it- ask the thousands that have taken delivery.

Regardless- anything for sale is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. Most buyers of this car and other cars like it (zr1, z06, Gtr) have proved this point over and over again.

Save the excuses.

Let me refresh your memory. You paid thousands below sticker and those were your exact words. You did this while you advised the members here that an MSRP purchase was a "Great Deal". So full sticker is a Great Deal for the general swine but not for regal members such as Chris. What a guy!

I understand why you would evade the question of what did you pay for your car at this point.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I already stated long ago that out of respect for my dealer, I would not say what I paid, and I'm an honest, respectable human who stands by his word. Not regal, not swine.

An excuse is only an excuse if you did something wrong. I did nothing wrong, I'm not making any excuses- I'm giving facts.

I'm sorry you have not yet been able to find a 2013 GT500 for under invoice for your purchase. I wish you luck in your search for that.

Last edited:

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Save the excuses.

Let me refresh your memory. You paid thousands below sticker and those were your exact words. You did this while you advised the members here that an MSRP purchase was a "Great Deal". So full sticker is a Great Deal for the general swine but not for regal members such as Chris. What a guy!

I understand why you would evade the question of what did you pay for your car at this point.

If you worked for Ford would YOU pay MSRP for the car? I wouldn't either. That's one of the perks to being connected.

When I worked as a factory rep for Michelin for several years I didn't pay full price for tires either. (Come to think of it, I also bought my SVT Contour back then at X-plan since Michelin was a vendor for Ford).

We all have perks in our jobs. Why bust somebody's balls over taking advantage of the same thing anyone else would do?

drmustang

Banned
If you worked for Ford would YOU pay MSRP for the car? I wouldn't either. That's one of the perks to being connected.

When I worked as a factory rep for Michelin for several years I didn't pay full price for tires either. (Come to think of it, I also bought my SVT Contour back then at X-plan since Michelin was a vendor for Ford).

We all have perks in our jobs. Why bust somebody's balls over taking advantage of the same thing anyone else would do?

Oh, I get it. Anyone who works for Ford buys these cars for thousands below sticker. Is that what you are saying?

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Oh, I get it. Anyone who works for Ford buys these cars for thousands below sticker. Is that what you are saying?

If there is a GT500 available for them to buy, yes. No different than anyone who works for GM, Nissan, Honda, etc.... They don't have to pay MSRP for anything either.

I don't understand why the concept of an "employee discount" is so evil, or so difficult to understand. :idea:

drmustang

Banned
If there is a GT500 available for them to buy, yes. No different than anyone who works for GM, Nissan, Honda, etc.... They don't have to pay MSRP for anything either.

I don't understand why the concept of an "employee discount" is so evil, or so difficult to understand. :idea:

Where did I say that an employee discount is evil? I've owned 14 Mustangs, 6 Corvettes, 2 Z28s and a 911 as fun cars go. Bought the majority of those cars new for at the most a few hundred over invoice to thosuands below invoice. I don't work for Ford, GM, or any other car maker. I have run my own businesses for 30 years and know how to purchase things including cars. You guys think MSRP is a "Good Deal" as Chris has pontificated then bust open your wallets and have a ball, enjoy.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Congratulations! :bowdown:

I'm not wasting any more brain cells here...:rollseyes

nc_super_snake

Established Member
Well i just got off the phone with my dealer..he said they told him to order one and hope that it would become a allocation. He did state they want to get it out as a 2013 but if not it would be rolled over to a 2014. At least he's honest in saying the order is placed ( i have a copy of the invoice) and stating we just got to keep our fingers crossed. I misunderstood him i thought it was a allocation. We will just have to see what comes of it. Ford is trying to meet all the demand. However most all orders are on Hold status as of right now due to supply issues. Ill just sit back and wait patiently. Its not like i dont have a 870rwhp Supra sitting in the garage and a 2011 392 SRT8 Challenger to play with!!

Last edited:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I have 3 family members that work for Ford. They have all told me A-Plan is not available yet for a '13 Shelby.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I have 3 family members that work for Ford. They have all told me A-Plan is not available yet for a '13 Shelby.

This is 100% true. I was merely stating that I'm not the typical car buyer because of access to those. Along with similar programs at Nissan, Chrysler, GM, Mercedes, etc. due to the agreements my company has made with those companies. So comparing me to a regular car buyer is not really a possible argument.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
However most all orders are on Hold status as of right now due to supply issues.

From what I understand, all orders that are unscheduled are on "material hold" until they are scheduled for production. They can only schedule a car for production if they know they will have the parts in place for producing it.

Last edited:

2highpsi

Established Member
I've owned 14 Mustangs, 6 Corvettes, 2 Z28s and a 911 as fun cars go. Bought the majority of those cars new

Wow, that couldn't have been cheap. Since you stated you owned your own business, you must be making good profit to be able to have dropped that much over the years for "fun cars". Given that info, your blatant disgust for other people making a profit perplexes me.

You guys think MSRP is a "Good Deal" as Chris has pontificated then bust open your wallets and have a ball, enjoy.

You thinking that the Manufacturer's SUGGEST retail price, is a true indicator of markets is also odd for a business owner. Do you own any stocks? If so is the P/E ratio the same on all of them? Ofcoarse not... Markets are what people are willing to pay, no matter if it's cars or candy bars.
Now is MSRP +10k isn't the market either, but acting condescending because YOU aren't happy with the current market is quite ridiculous.

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
This is 100% true. I was merely stating that I'm not the typical car buyer because of access to those. Along with similar programs at Nissan, Chrysler, GM, Mercedes, etc. due to the agreements my company has made with those companies. So comparing me to a regular car buyer is not really a possible argument.

Profoundly shameless attitude. Typical greaseball car salesman crap. Preaching to the members of this forum about MSRP being a "Great Deal" in your exact words while paying thousands less yourself is something that you are not going to justify with a few lines of BS. You have been shown to be nothing more than a hypocrit and one with an attitude when cornered with reality. You have no credibility at this point. Please do the members here a favor and stop advising them about a full sticker purchase being something to be sought after and a "Great Deal" which it NEVER is. You well know that anyone who walks into a car dealer expecting or offerig to pay a full sticker price is a sucker and a lay down. Car business vermin exploit those weaknesses with no remorse what so ever. Why do you continue to promote this foolish purchasing strategy to the forum members?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You are the only member on this board that feels that way.

Tell me why again you havnt purchased one?

Oh yes- because the crap you preach on how to buy this car hasn't worked out for you. The countless people that I have helped have cars and are enjoying them. Your hatred for car dealers clouds any logic. It's sad.

And one more time- probably the 100th time I've had to tell you this- I'm not a car salesman. Thanks.

Snoopy49

Established Member
That's what I thought. It explains why some dealers get preferential treatment when it comes to scheduling.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
That's what I thought. It explains why some dealers get preferential treatment when it comes to scheduling.

Yea I was talking about this in another thread.

We weren't going to get a Ford GT back in 06- but we took a bunch of cars they needed to dump. We took 4 or 5 stick no a/c 2wd rangers in snot green, shit brown, and I drank too much after eating buffalo chicken puke orange, 2 pony package bright yellow Mustang V6's and some other odd ball junk just to get it.

Joke was on them- sold all the rangers to a company that sprays every truck they buy yellow within a month. Sold one mustang to a Lesbian- nice lady though. And the other mustang Ford took back when we got consolidated lol

So if you want one of these cars early- you play the game- and get the car. Sucks- but its true.

Paul1138

Established Member
Hi Chris -

I PM'd you a few weeks back but haven't heard from you.... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

You are the only member on this board that feels that way.

Tell me why again you havnt purchased one?

Oh yes- because the crap you preach on how to buy this car hasn't worked out for you. The countless people that I have helped have cars and are enjoying them. Your hatred for car dealers clouds any logic. It's sad.

And one more time- probably the 100th time I've had to tell you this- I'm not a car salesman. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread