Finally got a Allocation!

nc_super_snake

Established Member
Well guys im happy to say that after months of fighting i got my allocation today. Big Porps to Jordan Cambell at Cambridge Classic Ford in Cambridge Ohio for making this happen! Even though it will be months before i see the car im extremly happy that i was able to get a order in finally. I ordered a Grabber Blue with Black stripes. Its looking like it will prob be Christmas or better before i see the car but at least im able to say i will have one of the last machines Mr. Shelby put his 2 cents on before his passing. Ill keep you guys up to date on the process as it rolls along!!!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Well guys I'm happy to say that after months of fighting i got my allocation today. Big Props to Jordan Cambell at Cambridge Classic Ford in Cambridge Ohio for making this happen! Even though it will be months before i see the car I'm extremely happy that i was able to get a order in finally. I ordered a Grabber Blue with Black stripes. Its looking like it will prob be Christmas or better before i see the car but at least I'm able to say i will have one of the last machines Mr. Shelby put his 2 cents on before his passing. I'll keep you guys up to date on the process as it rolls along!!!

Did the dealer you were dealing with just get another allocation or did you have to go to a new dealer that had one?

nc_super_snake

Established Member
Snoopy it was a fight but he got granted another allocation. He give me a hell of a deal 1k under msrp. Thats unheard of on these cars. Im gettting my confirmation of my order today and he was honest in saying its a 50/50 chance if i get the car this year. It may be rolled over into a 2014 order. Were hoping not though!

nc_super_snake

Established Member
Just some specifics on my order. Grabber Blue/Black racing stripe. I ordered it with the SVT Performance Package, Electronics Package,Shaker pro audio system,lighted door seals and the custom shelby car cover. I elected not to order it with the glass top or the SVT Track package wich consist of a trans,oil and diff cooler ($3000.00 option that is on back order) i talked to the sales rep and he was honest in saying unless i was going to use the car like Lethal Performance uses there car that there was no need for me to get it. This car will be enjoyed on the streets and garaged right beside the supra,not at a drag strip every weekend or in the rain if at all possible. Its pretty much a loaded car with the exception of the 2 mods above i left off. Its a 50/50 chance i see the car by Christmas. I was told when the order was placed there going to push it as much as possible and if Ford didnt pull the order i could possibly be looking at it being moved into a 2014 model and be waiting 10 months!! Ill keep every one posted on the progress!!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Just some specifics on my order. Grabber Blue/Black racing stripe. I ordered it with the SVT Performance Package, Electronics Package,Shaker pro audio system,lighted door seals and the custom Shelby car cover.

If I am not wrong, the car comes with the lighted 20th Anniversary door seals as standard equipment.

I'm glad to hear about the additional allocation, it gives those who have a car on order without an allocation, hope.

Keep us advised about any further developments.

Good luck.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You will hear dealers getting a couple "lottery" allocations right now. Not a ton of them- but a few.

My dealer got one awarded to him in a lottery last month

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
Good deal - glad you got an allocation. I can tell you that the waiting sux - I have been waiting since March :/

Good news is that mine is built and on the way - I should be driving it home 2 weeks from today :) I really like your color combo, but that is not what I ordered. I hope that you enjoy your new ride.

nc_super_snake

Established Member
I ask my dealer about a lottery allocation he said they had never heard of that. However i have a orderer sheet in front of me and i was told yesterday the rep is saying order still shows On Hold status. I was aware this is what would happen but as long as i have a order comfirmation i would think my dealer has a legit allocation wouldnt you guys?

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Just because you have an order confirmation in know way guarantees your dealer has an allocation. Numerous people on here have found that out after waiting 3 months or more, and then having their dealer finally admit they did not have an allocation. The order will just sit and never get pulled. My friend learned this the hard way.

fhawk149

Established Member
Congrats! You ordered the same color combo as I did.
My is built and waiting delivery to dealer ETA 9-2-12.
You know that our colors are the best conbination and the fastest!!!! (lol)
The wait is hard to do. But, it will be worth it.
So you know most everyone states you should get the Dora within a day or two.
But, I find not to be the case for some like myself. I was worried a long time that the order would not get accepted. Once you get the Dora your in like flint.
My order submitted 5-29-12
VOC 5-30-12
Dora 7-11-12
Vin 7-18-12
Build Date 8-16-12 Built one day early 8-15-12
First ETA to Dealer 8-20-12
Second ETA to Dealer 8-24-12
Present ETA to Dealer 9-2-12
Congrats Again!!!!!!!

Wayne

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
I ask my dealer about a lottery allocation he said they had never heard of that. However i have a orderer sheet in front of me and i was told yesterday the rep is saying order still shows On Hold status. I was aware this is what would happen but as long as i have a order comfirmation i would think my dealer has a legit allocation wouldnt you guys?

Yeah really, a lottery for new cars, that is just dripping with hype.

There were "lotteries" for the KRs. What a kiss of death that was for many retailers who thought they caught the big fish. The car ended up being a marketplace failure with its 80K plus sticker. Many of these KRs ended up with near 30 thousand dollar discounts to clear the market. They can still be found in the hands of dealers untitled still looking for a home. These cars had asking prices only slightly higher than the current GT500 with a few options and failed in grand fashion after the initial rush was satisfied. History repeats itself in the car world as it does in every other aspect of life.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
There are actual lotteries for additional allocations. That is an u disputed fact. Has nothing to do with hype. Has everything to do with dealers picking up additional allocations.

It's how my dealer got a second allocation- as they were only scheduled to get one.

There was one up for grabs and he won it at his regional meeting- I passed on the info to a member here who couldn't get one- he gave a deposit- and is now getting a great car

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Just because you have an order confirmation in know way guarantees your dealer has an allocation. Numerous people on here have found that out after waiting 3 months or more, and then having their dealer finally admit they did not have an allocation. The order will just sit and never get pulled. My friend learned this the hard way.

This is true.

Your best bet is to call ford customer service and make sure that the dealer is a certified dealer or 13/14 Shelby sales and that your car will in fact get built- and that the dealer was awarded an allocation.

drmustang

Banned
WOW. You think you've heard it all and something like this comes along.

So now a dealer needs to "hit a lottery" for some of us to buy a GT500! There is no hype or nonsense being propogated there, no, not at all. Unbelieveable nonsense.

It is simply amazing to observe people getting excited about a Ford retailer having a Ford product for sale. What could possibly be surprising or even noteable about that? When has anyone who wanted a GT500 not gotten one? Use your head, there will be more than enough Mustangs to go around at this crazy prices. You don't need an MBA to figure that one out.

Users who are viewing this thread