• Put the stock hood back on.

Votes: 23 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Wow, thanks for all the replies guys! I really do appreciate everyone's opinion.

The CF hood is about 25lbs if I remember correctly, I know its no more then 27lbs. And the stock hood is almost 40lbs.

Bassin - I got the hood from some guy who used to post on this site a year or so ago, let me see if I still have his email address. Yeah definitely let me know when your going to be down here. I will get some other people together too.

BenD - I am not really sure, I have never heard of that place. Do you have a link?

Jake - I took it to a place called "American Collision" its in the seminol/ st pete area (66th street, just before the brian dairy overpass). I think they did a good job, but this is the first time I have gotten anything painted so I don't really have much to compare it to. But the color matches perfectly.

2004 Culebra

Established Member
DAMN !!!! That sh1t is F*cking tight ass hell homeboy. :rockon:

I have a Black Snake as well and I tell you right now know an appearance mod that I am going to do as soon as I get the $$$$...

It is tight do not change a thing...

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
That is by far the coolest exterior mod I have seen on a Cobra! Keep it, it's very orginal. Later you can say you were the first one to do it after everyone starts copying it.

Last edited:

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Awesome! Domestic guys like Carbon Fiber for what it is: a high tech material that saves wieght and looks cool. Other than interior kits, we have not seen an exterior mod apperance item that is done without being ricey, yours the first! Great job!!

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
That looks fantastic. my car is black so if you decide you do not want it I will buy it from you no problem :)

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
It looks F'n sweet.....I was all ready to not like it when I read your first post, but those pics look GREAT!!!!!!!! Don't change a thing....

On a side note do to your car what you like and what makes you happy if someone else doesn't like it, well they didn't pay for it did they.....just my opinion......

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Lol, yeah I think you guys got your point across very well :beer: I really appreicate everyone's vote. Thanks for all the quick responses. I will have to sleep on it for a few nights, drive it around, take a few walk-arounds, look at it from different angle, see what it looks like at different times of the day, ect. . . .but you guys really helped me find out what other people will think of it.

Snake Eyes

Established Member
:xpl: Put it back to stock... because you are making everyone else look bad by comparison! Seriously that looks amazing. Damn man I am jealous yet again. Fantastic mod. If you change it, it would be a mistake. I love it.

Who else feels like playing follow the leader? (again)

321..IWIN

Established Member
Dude that is the sweetest looking hood ive ever seen. Keep it on there. Also next time your down in Oldsmar PM me and well get together. I live in East Lake Woodlands next to the AMC 20(I think I saw you last year). Don't have the Cobra yet but I'd love to take a real ride in one until I get it.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Franco - whats up man! I was hoping you would see the thread!

Bassin - clear some of you PM's man, your box is full.

Snake eyes - lol thanks man!

10thTerminator - I told them to leave the underside a lone so you can see the CF. I will take a pic for you tomorow and post it.

321 - whats up man? Yeah I go to that theater all the time. But the new speed bumps and traffic light they put in that theater really ticks me off :mj: :mj: :mj: Next time I am going out there I will PM ya.

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
I remember your post from last year, and at the time you got a lot of criticism on the all fiber hood. I admit that I didn't really go for the ricey all carbon look, but like everyone else says - what you did there is truly bada$$. Don't change a thing, wish I had a couple of extra grand laying around to do something similar - makes it truly one of a kind - but not overdone IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread