• Paint it all black.

Votes: 43 10.1%
  • Put the stock hood back on.

Votes: 23 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowCoupe

I am really considering getting a hood like that for my GT, with one question. Are those functional vents, if so, will water damage anything on the inside while sitting/driving?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Yep, the vents are fully functional. But, the vents on a stock 03cobra hood are also functional so its not anything out of the ordinary.

I haven't really checked very carefully, but from what I have seen, since the vents are near the front of the motor the water drips in between the engine pulleys (crank pulley, idlers. .etc) and the engine coolant tank. So bascially, the water does not get on anything important. :beer:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Hey JKD, sorry for the total derail here, but do you train in JKD? I spent about six years in JKD/Kali/Muay Thai and loved it. Our head instructor moved out of state and the school closed down, so I've been out of it a while.

Always been curious about this...

BTW, the hood is awesome if I haven't said so already!

Alan

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Whats up Alan? I have tried to find a place that teaches JKD, but I have not been able to. So instead, I did xing yi for a few months, didn't like it, then I started brazilian jiujitsu and loved it. Unfortunately, my schedual does not allow me to practice it much. I would like to get back into it someday.

I am curious as to what you do to train in JKD. Can you send me a PM about it? I often wonder if the current JKD teachings have strayed away from what Bruce Lee was doing.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I don't really know for sure. It is supposed to be the same hood as the SHM carbon fiber hoods, thats all I know.

I really didnt do as much research as I should have. I wanted to be one of the firsts to try it so I rushed my decision.

Last edited:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
It is a great looking hood, i was just under the impression it was a full carbon fiber product. And feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But by looking at the pictures what I'm seeing is a aluminum substructure underneth and carbon fiber overlaid. By looking through the locking latch hole you can see the its not a pure Carbon Fiber weave but chopped fiberglass matte. I'm assuming the top layer is a single layer cf matte and they used chopped fiberglass to reinforce the top mold. Then using what looks to be the original stock substructure for support.

03TKTGTR

Established Member
Great looking hood man.
Can't seem to find it ANYWHERE on the net if someone has a link please e-mail it to me or post a link. Thanks

vipergts281

Established Member
JKD COBRA said:
Whats up Alan? I have tried to find a place that teaches JKD, but I have not been able to. So instead, I did xing yi for a few months, didn't like it, then I started brazilian jiujitsu and loved it. Unfortunately, my schedual does not allow me to practice it much. I would like to get back into it someday.

I am curious as to what you do to train in JKD. Can you send me a PM about it? I often wonder if the current JKD teachings have strayed away from what Bruce Lee was doing.
Not sure if you have ever heard of this guy........

http://www.tommycarruthers.com/

Watch some of the video's on that site. He is EXTREMELY fast. :bowdown:

dopefedz

Established Member
VIS Racing makes a carbon fiber cobra hood I believe. Does anybody know what their hoods quality is like.

By the way you car looks awesome. I wouldn't change a thing.

FriscoCobra

Established Member
qbeanjoe said:
putting it on a black car? I used to work for www.importfan.com, I've see the hood, I think it looks better on a brighter car, so that it stands out. It's kinda like painting a house white to egg shell white, it's not a significant difference. other than light wieght. by a couple of pounds.

Personally i think it looks great on a black car cause its very subtle and not all ricey. By the Way it Looks Bad ASS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread