Finally Purchased Some Race Ramps

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i think the tires on the garage floor was either 1) based on the construction of old tires or 2) all together incorrect.

there are vehicles (on road and off) that sit at my grandparents vacation house on the concrete floor not being driven 9-10 months out of the year and theres no problem

BMSTNG

Established Member
I was looking into getting a set of these race ramps. It says the 56"and 72" are only good for up to 10" wide tires. I have a set of Toyo tq drag radials that measure 12" wide. Race ramps says the 67" fits up to 12" wide but the price for the 67" is alot more. So my question is. Is there anybody running a 12" wide tire and still being able to use the 56" ramps or 72" with out any problems?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
theres no lip on my ramps, I struggle to see how it would hurt anything if your tire is a little wider than the ramps.

I screwed up with my ramps and it makes me wanna cry, car is too low for the extended ramps. I did the initial measurement check, ordered the low profile ones thinking Id be fine - not :whine:

BMSTNG

Established Member
theres no lip on my ramps, I struggle to see how it would hurt anything if your tire is a little wider than the ramps.

I screwed up with my ramps and it makes me wanna cry, car is too low for the extended ramps. I did the initial measurement check, ordered the low profile ones thinking Id be fine - not :whine:

Thanks,that's what I was thinking. I hope I don't run into the same problem. I'm on H&R sport springs

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
to be fair I have a Mach1 and its the chin spoiler hanging down that hits, if I didnt have that I think Id be ok. Im on steeda sport springs or something like that

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, when on the ramps, where does that have the rear sit? As in, can I pull onto these ramps and still get a jack under the rear to put the rear up at the same time?

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, when on the ramps, where does that have the rear sit? As in, can I pull onto these ramps and still get a jack under the rear to put the rear up at the same time?

Dont have any pictures but it sits pretty low. Probably can do it with a low pro jack.

Users who are viewing this thread