Finally some Ford GT numbers

mrlrd1

Established Member
Someone came home early and found a Ford GT parked in front of the house...

Sweet! Aftermarket kit car delivery number 3. Only 2 years behind schedule and 300 pounds overweight. At least they delivered the shit powertrain everyone expected.

Only a blue blood could love 30psi of Ecoboost fury in a half million dollar unobtanium hand built "supercar" that just saved face by edging out a pushrod Camaro brute at 1/7 the cost that ACTUALLY exists.

No doubt I'm a GM fan, but unlike you my blinders aren't on. Had Ford (and people like you) not set the expectations so damn high with hype this car might have lived up to more than a collector's wet dream.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sweet! Aftermarket kit car delivery number 3. Only 2 years behind schedule and 300 pounds overweight. At least they delivered the shit powertrain everyone expected.

Only a blue blood could love 30psi of Ecoboost fury in a half million dollar unobtanium hand built "supercar" that just saved face by edging out a pushrod Camaro brute at 1/7 the cost that ACTUALLY exists.

No doubt I'm a GM fan, but unlike you my blinders aren't on. Had Ford (and people like you) not set the expectations so damn high with hype this car might have lived up to more than a collector's wet dream.

What in the **** are you talking about? lol

One sold for $2.5mil Saturday.

Ford produced the FGT to win at LeMans, they won on a detuned motor; pretty sure it had 100 less horsepower than the street version.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

This car was built to win Lemans. It did with less horsepower and more weight than either Ferrari or Corvette.

I’m not sure exactly Ford did wrong. Other than price it out of your league...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member

You sound like you're really fun at parties.

Coiled03

Established Member

1260710343244.jpg

_Snake_

Established Member

The butt hurt is strong with this one.

Coiled03

Established Member
The win wasn't about building a better car. It was about lining the right pockets.

Uhhh.....ok. Then they lined the right pockets, while also building a better car. I mean, they aren't mutually exclusive.

mrlrd1

Established Member
How in the hell did they do that?

They had more weight and less power than their competitors! Those in charge did everything they could to stop the win!

The car wasn't legal in the class it raced. It was on the track before it was offered for sale, and still isn't a production car.

Furthermore, the BOP adjustments that you speak of were self inflicted. Had they not sandbagged early on for favorable BOP to win key races they wouldn't have received any BOP adjustments later on. Ford played the game and won the race they wanted.

Coiled03

Established Member
The car wasn't legal in the class it raced. It was on the track before it was offered for sale, and still isn't a production car.

Furthermore, the BOP adjustments that you speak of were self inflicted. Had they not sandbagged early on for favorable BOP to win key races they wouldn't have received any BOP adjustments later on. Ford played the game and won the race they wanted.

Pretty sure we've already been through this in several threads, and you were owned. Just STFU and accept it won because it was the better car.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member

This is the reply of someone who is totally clueless. The GT is a "no waiver" car. This should be self-explanatory, but for anyone unfamiliar or semi-retarded, this means that the vehicle requires no waivers from the regs to race in the class. The only exception granted to the car was that they would allow it to race before it was delivered so long as they delivered "cars" plural in the same calendar year. Every manufacturer in the series was required to sign off on this exception. GM wasn't butthurt in doing so. Why are you?

Still isn't a production car? Take a look at all these imaginary cars and be aware that's not even close to half of all the cars now delivered:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/registry1

Only the delusional would say the car with the most weight and least horsepower gets favorable BoP. It gets the weight and hp BoP required to keep the car with the smallest frontal area (the GT) pegged to the same top speed as bricks like the Vantage. The FIA (and IMSA) publishes the BoP tables. Anyone with eyeballs can look and see for themselves. If you're not slow, boost pressures and weights are self-explanatory. FIA WEC is on ****in Auto-BOP at this point, so uh, yeah, they can't prevent BoP changes.

You don't know much about racing. I can still taste the champagne Bill Ford sprayed in the hospitality...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
p.s, if anyone knows anyone in the market, I would consider straight up trade of the above GT for an entire Chevrolet dealership, as long as it comes with 96 Camaros.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Holy hell, I have never seen so much butthurt in so few posts. It's like a child that has an attitude and you tell them they have an attitude, but then they reply (with an attitude) that they dont have an attitude. And only when they grow up do they realize that they were insufferable assholes to everyone around them.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread