Finally some Ford GT numbers

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
It's weird, I don't hear any bitching about the M8 racing before it's in production. Hmm.

From what I can tell from BMW, they trust the BoP to make it fair. That and if a company stomped their feet and said they weren't going to sign off on a car, that's basically them submitting that their product is inferior.

Not to mention, BMW got the same sign off from the other manufacturers to run the M8. So it goes both ways.

I'm actually surprised that BMW wasn't faster in this race, I know they have teething issues because it's a brand new build, but they had the lightest car, biggest fuel tank, fastest refueling and A LOT more boost as the GTs and Ferrari's and still were in a really bad spot.

Ahhhh, I see. And that actually answers my edited in question of my previous post, seeing if this type of thing was signed off in the past by other manufacturers. Since yes is the answer to that question, it seems like it's not a big deal.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Felt good to watch the domination. Drove the car over for the race.

It's weird, I don't hear any bitching about the M8 racing before it's in production. Hmm.

View attachment 1461991

View attachment 1461992

You were there! I was going to IM you and ask because a good friend of mine went with a few of his buddies. Here is the picture he sent me and I immediately wondered if it was your car.
FordGT.jpg

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
M8 sucks right now because they are way behind in development. I'd love to know who it was, but apparently one (or two) of the manufacturers refused to sign off on a body change they assumed they would get from the road car that has left them way behind at the moment. But this is the price you pay for bringing a giant car to race in sportscar racing.

How many miles do you have on your car now?

Hmm, I think it was around 2300 when I flew home.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
M8 sucks right now because they are way behind in development. I'd love to know who it was, but apparently one (or two) of the manufacturers refused to sign off on a body change they assumed they would get from the road car that has left them way behind at the moment. But this is the price you pay for bringing a giant car to race in sportscar racing.
That's interesting.

That must have been a very significant body change. Were they wanting to lower the roof or something?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
That's interesting.

That must have been a very significant body change. Were they wanting to lower the roof or something?

I've read it was a lowering of a significant body line and heard someone say they wanted to make the car "shorter" but without specifying length or height. So I guess the roof could have been a possibility based on that info.

Users who are viewing this thread