FL airport shooting

_Snake_

Established Member
playing devil's advocate...

let's say you were able to carry. what stops the cops / others who are carrying from shooting you? they hear that there's a shooting and see you have a gun. it could set off a huge domino effect of people shooting each other, thinking each could be the active shooter. and what's to stop the active shooter playing from coy, saying they are innocent, trying to get out... then shooting you in the face?

i'm all for people defending themselves, but it's a slippery slope once confusion is added to the mix.

Any examples where a good guy took out another good guy who was taking out the bad guy?

Blown 89

Established Member
Simple. When a LEO enters the picture I comply. Based on nearly 100% of known cases, the perp will not comply.
If there's a shooting and they come flying in and you're armed they may not give you a chance to comply. If I'm involved in a shooting I'm immediately on the phone with 911 letting them know
makes sense. the beauty of the concealed carriers right now is there isn't that many of them, so good guy with a gun sees bad guy with a gun easier..
It depends on where you are. Here in AZ damn near everyone carries.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Wow! Not even 10 posts in and the village SVTP race baiters posted something to do with race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the antigunners usually assume it's a white right winger when every shooting occurs so.....

DropSVT

Established Member
My news station reported the guy was had a military i.d. on him. Not sure if it was his or not.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

hoamskilet

Established Member
Sounds like he had a lot of shit going on. Why can't these whack jobs just take themselves out. So sad

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Race bait for what? Just blunt honest observations about this forums overall behavior over ummm what???

7 years..here???
12 years..for the other member's observations???

While i'll agree there have been some fairly crude comments over the years by some members overall this place will call it for what it is.

You on the other hand don't. I seriously think you start to salivate when tragedies like this happen so you can give your worthless opinion and bring race to the forefront when it never called for it. From reading your comments over the years, I can honestly say you're nothing but a straight up cop hating racist who brings 0 value to this forum. Period. Not sure why you choose to be a member here. If your only goal is to troll, ill say this. #1 you're awful at it and #2 you need a life. Or need to get laid.

And that's my blunt honest observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If there's a shooting and they come flying in and you're armed they may not give you a chance to comply. If I'm involved in a shooting I'm immediately on the phone with 911 letting them know
It depends on where you are. Here in AZ damn near everyone carries.

You do you bro. While you are waiting 6 minutes for the police to arrive then think about it. Again, each instance will be different. If you are in an airport where there are armed TSA and LEO personnel, then you have to take that into account as well. But if a gunman is mowing down people and heading your way, I will take the odds of him shooting me before a cop would if I don't have the ability to put my own fire downfield.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Canadian air said he was not on the flight nor did he check a firearm. Which by the way is extemely difficult if not impossible to do legally in Canada.

Dunno if it's true or not but it's out there. It's worth 13 minutes of your time.

Blown 89

Established Member
You do you bro. While you are waiting 6 minutes for the police to arrive then think about it. Again, each instance will be different. If you are in an airport where there are armed TSA and LEO personnel, then you have to take that into account as well. But if a gunman is mowing down people and heading your way, I will take the odds of him shooting me before a cop would if I don't have the ability to put my own fire downfield.
Being less worried about someone that IS shooting at you than someone that MIGHT shoot at you later defies all logic.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I either worded the statement wrong or it was misunderstood. I meant to say that I would be more worried about dealing with the guy headed my way, and be prepared for that versus a supposed cop that might show and might not.

blk02edge

Established Member
Dunno if it's true or not but it's out there. It's worth 13 minutes of your time.

Seems all too convenient, however isn't this the exact scenario why people SHOULD be able to carry? I don't understand how this can benefit gun control activists. But I guess they rely on fear mongering rather than common sense

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

TSA are not armed. they are not sworn personnel. Customs/CBP are but theyre in a different area. the only ones armed out in the front unsecured areas are airport police.

i think someone mentioned (here or elsewhere) that its illegal for military to be posted at the airport? when i did a layover at JFK in NY there were soliders posted there. none at LAX where we had just come from.

Users who are viewing this thread