Florida Highway Patrol gets serious

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
IIRC in Florida on the officer witnessing a misdemeanor or traffic offense can arrest/cite for it. I may be wrong on that one though.

gnxs

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
You signal and acknowledge the officer by putting your flashers on and drive to a very public well lit area. The officer will have no problem with that. Also you can call 9-11 and tell them you are being pulled over by what looks like an unmarked car, would they please send a marked vehicle to the scene as well.

This assumes that every driver knows to put on his flashers in that situation(never saw that when studying for my license test) or has a cell phone.

If I get "lit up" by an unmarked on a dark road and put on my flashers for a mile or two and it pisses him off, I'm giving him your name. ;-)

gnxs

Established Member
dragonbullitt said:
.................The vehicles were donated by a benefactor who wants to remain anonymous, FHP spokesman Maj. Ernesto Duarte said............

Sounds like something GEICO would do. :shrug:

Last edited:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
In Washington state they even have seized crown vic taxi cabs - yes, full fledged, seized taxi cabs -
No joke.

Around here, we have a few misc. cars. one department just got a Hummer H2 with massive 24inch + rims, so I wouldn't be surprised if they start using that - too bad it's on the front page of the newspaper so everyone knows about it now

Lawman85

Banned
We had a corvette for a little while, until an officer wrecked it in a parking lot. The department got the bill from the body shop and decided it was way too expensive and trashed it.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I saw a White Volvo S-90 pull over a Beemer in Redmond on 405 one day. Of course ya have the slammed Tahoes with tint running around too. They're usually trolling along with their radar pointed behind them looking for fast movers.

ogc

Established Member
I cant believe that biker is getting charged with the murder of that cop. That is bullshit.

FSSNK

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Cars like that have a specific purpose. Here is a scenerio for you. If your sitting on the side of the road using stationary radar, and a car goes by you at 85 mph, how long will it take you to catch him from your dead stop? In cars such as Camaros and Mustangs you have faster acceleration and therefore, greater closing speed. The Camaros can catch up to someone in almost half the time as the Crown Vic. That actually makes it a little safer, vs. chasing the guy for 3 miles because your car can't accelerate fast enough to overtake him. More food for thought: If someone passes me at 85mph and I'm sitting still, I will have to accelerate to over 100mph just to reel him in. The faster I can get to that speed, obviously, the faster I can catch him.
Unless the person doing 85+ decides to put their foot into it and is driving a fast car., then where are you at. Call at the air unit heh? :rockon:

Lawman85

Banned
FSSNK said:
Unless the person doing 85+ decides to put their foot into it and is driving a fast car., then where are you at. Call at the air unit heh? :rockon:

That happens. Not even a Hayabusa could catch that. Usually we have several cars working an area so we can radio out the description. They will either A: stay on that road, or B: take the next exit. Motorola catches them :-D

406 'velle

Established Member
in indiana they call them "interceptors". the ones i've seen we're all black camaros without lights or markings and tinted. very slick. if you're ever in indiana keep an eye out for them!

sled

Established Member
hes a story for you guys.
a friend and me where heading to senior week. we where going down RT13 in V.A. My buddy kept trying to get me to tap my cobra out. so we get on this part of 13 where it was died for miles. well i stand on the cobra. we watch it hit 140 and it keeps going. well alittle down the road we come up a SS camaro. we blow by and didnt think anything of it. well my buddies girlfriend was alittle ways behind us and to-ways him. saying i think you guys are gonna be in some trouble, that camaro was a statey. i was like O F$$$. i keep on the gas. well we slow down coming into the next town and sure enough i look in the rear view and hes coming up on me with his lights in the front window on. the thing said STATE TROOPER on the hood. i was just like im going to jail. well he pulls me over and sits us both down and starts yelling at me. he was a big indian dude. i was just $hit. he said he could take me to jail for anything over 90. never said how fast he clocked me. so we sat there for ever and he just yelled at us. we tolled him where we we're going and why i flying like that. so he yelled some more how we could have died and stuff. then he let us go with a warning :) i couldnt believe it. anytime we tell anyone that story that was there they dont believe us. o well believe it or not it happened!

Lawman85

Banned
sled said:
hes a story for you guys.
a friend and me where heading to senior week. we where going down RT13 in V.A. My buddy kept trying to get me to tap my cobra out. so we get on this part of 13 where it was died for miles. well i stand on the cobra. we watch it hit 140 and it keeps going. well alittle down the road we come up a SS camaro. we blow by and didnt think anything of it. well my buddies girlfriend was alittle ways behind us and to-ways him. saying i think you guys are gonna be in some trouble, that camaro was a statey. i was like O F$$$. i keep on the gas. well we slow down coming into the next town and sure enough i look in the rear view and hes coming up on me with his lights in the front window on. the thing said STATE TROOPER on the hood. i was just like im going to jail. well he pulls me over and sits us both down and starts yelling at me. he was a big indian dude. i was just $hit. he said he could take me to jail for anything over 90. never said how fast he clocked me. so we sat there for ever and he just yelled at us. we tolled him where we we're going and why i flying like that. so he yelled some more how we could have died and stuff. then he let us go with a warning :) i couldnt believe it. anytime we tell anyone that story that was there they dont believe us. o well believe it or not it happened!

:lol:

Wow... gotta love the english classes.

black10th vert

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
:lol:

Wow... gotta love the english classes.

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe should've stayed home and studied. We also have some explorers and expeditions in Va. Talk about blending in.

Users who are viewing this thread