Florida Highway Patrol gets serious

punky

Eric Cartman Wannabe :)
Established Member
pacotaco said:
I haven't read every post in this thread, and maybe this has been brought up, but with numerous police districts using these "high speed" vehicles, do they or have they ever "tried racing" someone on the street, only to pull them over? I think it would be easy to do in say a Mach 1 or 03 Cobra. Pull along side another "modified" Mustang who's minding their own business, only to rev or jump on it (the police of course), waiting for the other car to do so. Get them above the speed limit and then you have a speeding violation or possibly street racing? Just wondering if this has happened?
pacotaco

Isn't that entrapment, which is illegal? Although that said cops who pose as hookers would be entrapment as well?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
punky said:
Isn't that entrapment, which is illegal? Although that said cops who pose as hookers would be entrapment as well?

Please do a search on entrapment. This topic has been beaten to death. Neither case is even close to entrapment!

PSI87

Banned
Florida has some strict laws. The murarradors arent new really. what's worse IMO are the white SUV's that are undercover. also, Daytona cops and FHP started using laser which really sux as well.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Get with the program, it's built by the same company that produces the Furrierare and it's cousin the Lamboneerini.

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
You all should come to to New York City every now and then. Tints, jeez, undercover, detective, or narcotics car has a limo tint on it. Mind you I probably see more or just as many of these a day as regular squad cars. They drive taxi cabs, minivans, jeeps, sedans, and all different cars. I have seen cops in a camry, windstar, uhall van, old verizon vans, malibus, tahoes, denalias, explorers. You name it, I have seen it.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
I think they should look into turbo'd Plymouth/Dodge minivans. Cheap, easy to get running really fast by turning up the boost, and really low-key. Plenty of room for K-9 units and prisoners and everything else.

n20jeep

Banned
i actually had a crown vic which was tinted, had exhuast, and was on non-factory rims attempting to get me into a race...while i was driving my 5.0....he just kept jumping on me.....i didnt bite...(no liscence on me and i had bald tires at the time)....well after i guess he realized i wasnt going to take the bait he just sped off ahead of me....eventually 2-3 miles down the road i pull into a gas station and the car was there witha cop getting out of it....

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
n20jeep said:
i actually had a crown vic which was tinted, had exhuast, and was on non-factory rims attempting to get me into a race...while i was driving my 5.0....he just kept jumping on me.....i didnt bite...(no liscence on me and i had bald tires at the time)....well after i guess he realized i wasnt going to take the bait he just sped off ahead of me....eventually 2-3 miles down the road i pull into a gas station and the car was there witha cop getting out of it....

that's why i never race unless I can see the person driving.

Lawman85

Banned
Methos said:
I think they should look into turbo'd Plymouth/Dodge minivans. Cheap, easy to get running really fast by turning up the boost, and really low-key. Plenty of room for K-9 units and prisoners and everything else.

Yeah, those things handle like they are on rails!!

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Just an FYI to North Carolina residents. All the unmarked Cameros will be replaced by unmarked GTOs. I'm not sure if they will use 04s or 05s but keep your eyes open.

Kool03Vert

Can you say HEMI?
Established Member
FHP is down at least one Marauder because it is sitting in thier troop barracks on 595 in Broward with a front end colision. I hope the trooper is ok.

Eddie :read:

InfamousSVT

Boosted
Established Member
Doc GTO said:
Just an FYI to North Carolina residents. All the unmarked Cameros will be replaced by unmarked GTOs. I'm not sure if they will use 04s or 05s but keep your eyes open.

Well thanks for the heads up!

I do know in Gastonia they have a couple unmarked cars that are upgraded.
They have a yellow Z06 and a yellow Honda that is riced out!
They cruise down the main drag where everyone hangsout and try to race.

Everyone knows about them now, but they got a bunch of people like that. Since the accident about a month ago where the guy lost control of his Z28 racing a Eclipse they are really cracking down on street racing.

Oh well, that's what the tracks are for! :rolling:

crimsonws6

Established Member
Out here in Morgan Hill, CA were getting 14 new chargers 7 of which are gonna be the high end hemis the other half v6's. Thats supposed to happen sometime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread