For the Shelby GT500 Experts.

svtsupersnake

Banned
You have no clue! So why again are you speaking of this? You dont know the costs of what Ford produces. You dont even know what they build and what they outsource!

Please dont talk about price again. All you do is add false information that can only lead to inflammatory comments! Thank You!

No actually I have a clue. If businesses did not get tax breaks or economies of scale they would all go backrupt from rampant production costs. Anyone who analyzes companys or went to college and studied econ or finance knows this.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
No actually I have a clue. If businesses did not get tax breaks or economies of scale they would all go backrupt from rampant production costs. Anyone who analyzes companys or went to college and studied econ or finance knows this.

Ok so tell me, what does it cost Ford to build each 2012 gt500? What did they spend on R and D for the 2013? How did they design the 2.3 tvs and how much did they spend on it?

You say Ford is ripping off the consumer I just want to know how badly. I am of course assuming you have the numbers because as you say you have a clue!:pop:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
No what I was saying is people think this car is a charity car. That ford spent years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to make this car then sells it for basically what it cost for them to make it. This is untrue and people being naive. Like everything in the world for the upgrades manufactures do, do not cost very much for THEM TO DO IT. For us to do it thats a completely different story. They get tax breaks, economies of scale, etc.. Which severely reduce the cost of such things. So when people say oh the PP should be 6k just because they are adding electronic shocks is just plain naive. If ford does this they are ripping off the consumer and just trying to squeeze every ounce of profit out of people. Or again another example the tvs supercharger for us to buy is like 4 or 5k. Maybe more, I dont feel like checking the exact number. You get bet any amount of money it does not cost ford half of that to make that supercharger themselves. People who think so are naive. People who CLAIM to think so are also naive. The ONLY people who would know this are the executives who OVERSEE this stuff which no one on this forum is.

You mean you don't know off the top of your head? How is this so? You seem to know every ****ing thing else!

Now, how about taking your own advice.

And to close, the next time you tell someone to shut up you will be the one getting shut up. Only permanent.

As said in Top Gun, which at you age you may even not know what that is,

"Your name ain't the best in the business.. You need to be doing it better and cleaner than the other guys"

Lose the attitude.

svtsupersnake

Banned
You mean you don't know off the top of your head? How is this so? You seem to know every ****ing thing else!

Now, how about taking your own advice.

And to close, the next time you tell someone to shut up you will be the one getting shut up. Only permanent.

As said in Top Gun, which at you age you may even not know what that is,

"Your name ain't the best in the business.. You need to be doing it better and cleaner than the other guys"

Lose the attitude.

So the one above has no attitude trying to argue with every last thing said by me? Come on. I can lose the attitude but a little fairness would be nice. And I never said I knew everything. The econ and finance concepts behind all businesses for the most part are very basic things.

jonesd

Established Member
No what I was saying is people think this car is a charity car. That ford spent years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to make this car then sells it for basically what it cost for them to make it. This is untrue and people being naive. Like everything in the world for the upgrades manufactures do, do not cost very much for THEM TO DO IT. For us to do it thats a completely different story. They get tax breaks, economies of scale, etc.. Which severely reduce the cost of such things. So when people say oh the PP should be 6k just because they are adding electronic shocks is just plain naive. If ford does this they are ripping off the consumer and just trying to squeeze every ounce of profit out of people. Or again another example the tvs supercharger for us to buy is like 4 or 5k. Maybe more, I dont feel like checking the exact number. You get bet any amount of money it does not cost ford half of that to make that supercharger themselves. People who think so are naive. People who CLAIM to think so are also naive. The ONLY people who would know this are the executives who OVERSEE this stuff which no one on this forum is.

I dont know if its the same price as 7 months ago. Tousley was selling the frpp tvs supercharger for 2700 shipped

svtsupersnake

Banned
I dont know if its the same price as 7 months ago. Tousley was selling the frpp tvs supercharger for 2700 shipped

Well damn there you go. Thats even cheaper then what I assumed it to be. Can't imagine then how cheap it is for the producers. The 2 huge things on the shelby is that tvs and the electronic shocks.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
So the one above has no attitude trying to argue with every last thing said by me? Come on. I can lose the attitude but a little fairness would be nice. And I never said I knew everything. The econ and finance concepts behind all businesses for the most part are very basic things.
2 points:
1. you easily have the most consistant 'attitude' on here - it comes up in every single post
2. didn't your momma teach you anything? "two wrongs don't make a right":poke:

Well damn there you go. Thats even cheaper then what I assumed it to be. Can't imagine then how cheap it is for the producers. The 2 huge things on the shelby is that tvs and the electronic shocks.
the TVS is in no way, shape, or form a "huge hit". it's not some *special* supercharger, it's just eaton's latest generation roots blower. a twin screw is a high cost blower, because it is very expensive to produce due to the extremely tight tolerances necessary. the TVS doesn't require such tolerances and thus can be produced very cheaply(relatively speaking).

Last edited:

svtsupersnake

Banned
2 points:
1. you easily have the most consistant 'attitude' on here - it comes up in every single post

the TVS is in no way, shape, or form a "huge hit". it's not some *special* supercharger, it's just eaton's latest generation roots blower. a twin screw is a high cost blower, because it is very expensive to produce due to the extremely tight tolerances necessary. the TVS doesn't require such tolerances and thus can be produced very cheaply(relatively speaking).

Well I won't argue with you there. But then that helps my point that its cheap to make. I only say its one of the big changes because it added 100 hp to the car.

svtsupersnake

Banned
2 points:

And here as a bonus i'll be nicer in my posts and not have the "attitude" as long as that kid or who ever stops trying to argue with every little thing. Even you dont do that.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

What you don't seem see is that damm near every thread that has some type of attitude and/or arguement YOU are involved.
People will come at you when you post as you do.

I am being fair, do not think you are the only or first person to ever get some type of warning.
The only reason yours (And again you are not the only/first in this either) was public this time was to let you and everyone know we are watching.

After you came back we (the staff) expected to see a little difference in your post style. That has not happened.

You act like you know everything and post like you own the place.

Put a poll up and see how many agree.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the site and chill a bit in your post style.

I'm done,
Later

svtsupersnake

Banned
What you don't seem see is that damm near every thread that has some type of attitude and/or arguement YOU are involved.
People will come at you when you post as you do.

I am being fair, do not think you are the only or first person to ever get some type of warning.
The only reason yours (And again you are not the only/first in this either) was public this time was to let you and everyone know we are watching.

After you came back we (the staff) expected to see a little difference in your post style. That has not happened.

You act like you know everything and post like you own the place.

Put a poll up and see how many agree.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the site and chill a bit in your post style.

I'm done,
Later

Ok I see your point. Won't happen anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread