For the Shelby GT500 Experts.

jonesd

Established Member
I figure if ford is actually going to be selling as many orders as it can get, thats part of their way to make up for some of the r&d. If they can sell double in a year than what the normally are limited too, it probably helps keep the price down some.

Just a thought anyways...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ok what you just said is the same as what I was saying. You just said it in a different way. Basically the point I was making is that ford will not put money to produce a car unless it can minimize cost to the consumer so they do not lose the consumer. If its because major upgrades do not effect the price when compared to regular production cars because it has a large profit margin then so be it. As I said before I do not know how Ford saves or spends their money. All I know is that to have a successful business model they have to do it in a way to keep profit margins up. And that is not done by adding 10k to the price of this car.

Your grammar skills really do need to improve...."will not put money to produce a car"? What are you saying exactly?

Exactly when did you say what ry is saying? You stated that Ford does not distribute all of the r and cost into the price of their vehicles. Which is another way of saying that they will lose money on the car/unit they are selling.
Lot of this stuff is cheap for them to do or was factored into R&D costs which dont get passed down to the consumer completely otherwise consumers would not pay.

The bottom line is that one can not find the performance that the 13 gt500 will put out for less than $75k in a new car. I am not sure why everyone is already complaining about perceived msrp and option prices when we dont even know what the prices will be? As for the options, if you think you can build a better suspension system and tune it for less than Ford has from the factory, go right ahead. After all the base griggs and hre or jongbloed wheels with 20in performance rubber will run you about 8-10 grand!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Don't even bother trying to make sense of this kid. He has Zero clue what he is talking about.

Then he resorts to name calling, feet stammering and yelling and gets a svtp vacation for a month. It's clear he didn't learn his lesson and comes back with the same crap.

The youth of America is scary.

jonesd

Established Member
The 4000 is already a 500 increase over what the SVTPP sold for in 2011. At 6000 I'd say they're charging $2500 for some adjustable bilsteins, which seems pretty outlandish considering Chevy doesn't charge that much for their more sophisticated MR suspension.

Seems about right honestly. When i was checking on buying a set of the blisten elec. Adjustable shocks as a mod for another car, they were $2400.

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member
Seems about right honestly. When i was checking on buying a set of the blisten elec. Adjustable shocks as a mod for another car, they were $2400.

Yeah, but when you're just buying them outright you don't get credit for the cost of the standard suspension, plus those $2500 Bilstein kits are coil overs, include springs, and are adjustable for ride height.

Chebbies MRC is just a more advanced system. I don't see paying 500+ more dollars for a less advanced system.

svtsupersnake

Banned
Your grammar skills really do need to improve...."will not put money to produce a car"? What are you saying exactly?

Exactly when did you say what ry is saying? You stated that Ford does not distribute all of the r and cost into the price of their vehicles. Which is another way of saying that they will lose money on the car/unit they are selling.

The bottom line is that one can not find the performance that the 13 gt500 will put out for less than $75k in a new car. I am not sure why everyone is already complaining about perceived msrp and option prices when we dont even know what the prices will be? As for the options, if you think you can build a better suspension system and tune it for less than Ford has from the factory, go right ahead. After all the base griggs and hre or jongbloed wheels with 20in performance rubber will run you about 8-10 grand!

You have zero idea what your saying. When you become the head executive at Ford who deals with this then you can talk. They are complaining because they are not naive and think that ford is charging the prices it cost to make the parts. They mark up like EVERYONE DOES its a business not a CHARITY.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You have zero idea what your saying. When you become the head executive at Ford who deals with this then you can talk. They are complaining because they are not naive and think that ford is charging the prices it cost to make the parts. They mark up like EVERYONE DOES its a business not a CHARITY.

What?

First you say Ford is only charging the consumer what Ford pays for the part.
Then you state that Ford is making a profit, by presumably charging more for the car than they paid to build it.

Would you make up your mind!

svtsupersnake

Banned
What?

First you say Ford is only charging the consumer what Ford pays for the part.
Then you state that Ford is making a profit, by presumably charging more for the car than they paid to build it.

Would you make up your mind!

Oh my god now you can not even read is what you are telling me? I said Ford does not pass all the cost of them doing business to the consumer. Where ever did I say Ford charges what they pay for it? How many times do I need to say it till it goes through your head? This is a business not a charity. Now shut up I'm done with you. Jesus christ you keep accusing me of reading and grammar skills and I'm starting to think now you do not even know how to read period.

91svtbird

Established Member
Cant wait for pricing so then we can properly discuss whats fair or not

I agree can't wait. No need for anyone to argue about the prices yet until we know for certain exactly what they are. I only posted what I heard so we might have a ballpark idea where the 2013 cost might be.

We are all hoping Ford will keep the price increase's for all the new upgrades and changes to a minimum.....time will tell.
Until then we should all try to be patient and respect one another.

Funny but I see a lot of similarity's today in what is happening now as far as interest and excitement with the 2013's as I did when the 07's were about to arrive. What was done to the car....how fast will it be...how much power can the engine handle....what color looks the best.....and what will the final numbers be on price. It's all good for us enthusiasts and just keeps getting better.....

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
From what I heard "unofficially" of course....

Base price about $53,000

SVT package about $5995

Recaro seats about $1595

Glass Roof about $1995

Electronics about $2500

Track Pack ?? nothing yet?

Again not official but should be close to actual prices.

I'd bet you hit the nail on the head! Give or take $1k on the base price. Options probably dead nuts on.

As to the OP's question: If Ford gets production moving and the economy remains sluggish, given viable competition from ZR1 and SRT8, we should see below MSRP by late fall, if not sooner.

Unfortunately, a PP & EP car will still sticker for $62K with destination and that is not peanuts. Still, talking to the Sales Mgr at my favorite Ford store, he tells me they do not move many Mustangs and have a very hard time moving GT500s. So, basically the bloom is off the rose. ADMs may not be around for long!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Oh my god now you can not even read is what you are telling me? I said Ford does not pass all the cost of them doing business to the consumer. Where ever did I say Ford charges what they pay for it? How many times do I need to say it till it goes through your head? This is a business not a charity. Now shut up I'm done with you. Jesus christ you keep accusing me of reading and grammar skills and I'm starting to think now you do not even know how to read period.

You're still here?

How'd your essay go?

Please disappear

svtsupersnake

Banned
I agree can't wait. No need for anyone to argue about the prices yet until we know for certain exactly what they are. I only posted what I heard so we might have a ballpark idea where the 2013 cost might be.

We are all hoping Ford will keep the price increase's for all the new upgrades and changes to a minimum.....time will tell.
Until then we should all try to be patient and respect one another.

Funny but I see a lot of similarity's today in what is happening now as far as interest and excitement with the 2013's as I did when the 07's were about to arrive. What was done to the car....how fast will it be...how much power can the engine handle....what color looks the best.....and what will the final numbers be on price. It's all good for us enthusiasts and just keeps getting better.....

I agree. Exactly why I said in my post I did not want to talk about it any further because its already been talked about too much. What was the price increase between 06 to 07? Also between 09 and 11?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Where ever did I say Ford charges what they pay for it?

Uh right here...

They are complaining because they are not naive and think that ford is charging the prices it cost to make the parts.

In other words the customers are not naive and believe that Ford charges what is cost to make the parts. This is what you meant right?

jonesd

Established Member
You know I have only seen one set of wheels so far. Is there no base wheel and svtpp wheel for this model year? Anyone know?

Winnidude

Established Member
Last edited:

svtsupersnake

Banned
Uh right here...

In other words the customers are not naive and believe that Ford charges what is cost to make the parts. This is what you meant right?

No what I was saying is people think this car is a charity car. That ford spent years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to make this car then sells it for basically what it cost for them to make it. This is untrue and people being naive. Like everything in the world for the upgrades manufactures do, do not cost very much for THEM TO DO IT. For us to do it thats a completely different story. They get tax breaks, economies of scale, etc.. Which severely reduce the cost of such things. So when people say oh the PP should be 6k just because they are adding electronic shocks is just plain naive. If ford does this they are ripping off the consumer and just trying to squeeze every ounce of profit out of people. Or again another example the tvs supercharger for us to buy is like 4 or 5k. Maybe more, I dont feel like checking the exact number. You get bet any amount of money it does not cost ford half of that to make that supercharger themselves. People who think so are naive. People who CLAIM to think so are also naive. The ONLY people who would know this are the executives who OVERSEE this stuff which no one on this forum is.

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member
I'd bet you hit the nail on the head! Give or take $1k on the base price. Options probably dead nuts on.

As to the OP's question: If Ford gets production moving and the economy remains sluggish, given viable competition from ZR1 and SRT8, we should see below MSRP by late fall, if not sooner.

Unfortunately, a PP & EP car will still sticker for $62K with destination and that is not peanuts. Still, talking to the Sales Mgr at my favorite Ford store, he tells me they do not move many Mustangs and have a very hard time moving GT500s. So, basically the bloom is off the rose. ADMs may not be around for long!

I think Ford raised the SVTPP price by $500 for 2012 so that if they raised it up to $4495 or $4995 for MY 13 it wouldn't seem as big of an increase.

$52,605 incl. destination and 5490 for PP and TP together is my guess. A few grand less than a ZL1 base and a few grand more than a ZL1 with all performance goodies would be a good place for Ford to be.

But what I'm hoping for is that Ford decides to drop out some of that reported large profit in the GT500 in order to really stick it to Chevy, and that a PP/TP car comes in at around 56. Not holding my breath though, they could (and maybe should) do it, but I don't think they will.

If the PP is more than 4995 and the TP more than 795 or so, I'll probably get a base car (if I get one). I'm not even sure I'd pay 4995. I think 4995 is getting into the ripoff territory that I think the $2340 EP occupies.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
...Like everything in the world for the upgrades manufactures do, do not cost very much for THEM TO DO IT. For us to do it thats a completely different story. They get tax breaks, economies of scale, etc.. Which severely reduce the cost of such things. So when people say oh the PP should be 6k just because they are adding electronic shocks is just plain naive. If ford does this they are ripping off the consumer and just trying to squeeze every ounce of profit out of people. Or again another example the tvs supercharger for us to buy is like 4 or 5k....You get bet any amount of money it does not cost ford half of that to make that supercharger themselves. ....

You have no clue! So why again are you speaking of this? You dont know the costs of what Ford produces. You dont even know what they build and what they outsource!

Please dont talk about price again. All you do is add false information that can only lead to inflammatory comments! Thank You!

Users who are viewing this thread