Ford GT Nurburgring time?

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
ali b said:
there is no way the z06 is faster round the ring than the carrera gt and the mclaren F"!
for one thing porsche have a testing bay at the nurburg and spend a lot of time there.
also the mclaren F! weighs about 200% less than the z06 has more power and still holds many records in g-force, acceleration and stopping.
also the time here says that z06's time is a manufacturers estimate.you yanks will never engineer a car better than the brits its not possible. you need to bring the weight down a little boyz.
and stop using engines that weigh more than england

I'd be willing to bet the LS7 is a lighter and much more compact motor than the BMW V12 with DOHC Mclaren heads.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
moridin2004 said:
I'd be willing to bet the LS7 is a lighter and much more compact motor than the BMW V12 with DOHC Mclaren heads.

Wherever this came from...

LS1 fully dressed weighs about 497 pounds. LS7 will weigh at least the same and probably more with the dry sump system.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347900&highlight=LS7+weight

McLaren F1 engine weighs 266kilos inside the car in operating condition, or about 540 pounds.

As far as which is more compact, thats more of an "in person" thing. I've seen 6.0L the DOHC in both the Enzo and the McLaren. If they're bigger in terms of physical size vs. the LS7, you'd have to bust out some rulers and have the engines out of the car to truly find out.

F1 engine is still way better. It makes the same torque as the LS7 with only 370 cubes while also making over 100 more horsepower. It has a compresion ratio of 10.5:1, while the LS7 has 11.0:1. I lost the cam spec on the McLaren's cams, but IIRC they have less overall lift than the stock LS7 cam which is .591. Which just leaves the heads, but you or I won't find any flow rates on the McLaren's heads unless you have G.Murray's personal #...I'd guess the LS7's heads flow more air even though they're 2 valve.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
50 BMG said:
Wherever this came from...

LS1 fully dressed weighs about 497 pounds. LS7 will weigh at least the same and probably more with the dry sump system.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347900&highlight=LS7+weight

McLaren F1 engine weighs 266kilos inside the car in operating condition, or about 540 pounds.

As far as which is more compact, thats more of an "in person" thing. I've seen 6.0L the DOHC in both the Enzo and the McLaren. If they're bigger in terms of physical size vs. the LS7, you'd have to bust out some rulers and have the engines out of the car to truly find out.

F1 engine is still way better. It makes the same torque as the LS7 with only 370 cubes while also making over 100 more horsepower. It has a compresion ratio of 10.5:1, while the LS7 has 11.0:1. I lost the cam spec on the McLaren's cams, but IIRC they have less overall lift than the stock LS7 cam which is .591. Which just leaves the heads, but you or I won't find any flow rates on the McLaren's heads unless you have G.Murray's personal #...I'd guess the LS7's heads flow more air even though they're 2 valve.

Just for some clarification, The LS7 weighs in at ~489# and is actually lighter than the 6.0L LS2. That is very light for an engine of this size. I believe ( can't find exact figures) the GT 5.4 weighs right around 100# more.

Users who are viewing this thread