Established Member
Shelby badge made the look unique.
20170730_095226.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
WOW! That badge-less rear looks awesome!

OP, as long as you like the additional badge, that's all that counts. To me, combined with the SHELBY lettering on the trunk lid, it seems a bit busy. But again, as long as it's the look you're happy with, that's what counts.

Last edited:

mike.s

Established Member
the blank tailliight panel looks awesome, are they still impossible to find? last i remember ford performance quit making them

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They did stop making them.

Mine has a very small blem on it that I noticed right out of the box from FRP. I wasn't going to ask for a replacement but did mention it to my good friend Mike at Buyfordracing. He explained to me that Ford Racing had numerous complaints regarding the same thing and that in the end the decision was made to stop offering the part rather than to simply take corrective action.

I do like the badging very much on the GT350. The updated snake is really well done and I appreciate the minimalist theme on this car with respect to nomenclature not being plastered everywhere. So I struggled with removal out back but agree that it looks very clean. You could argue that it needs something and I wouldn't disagree but at this point I'm sticking with what works - nothing.

:)

mike.s

Established Member
these cars look so good id be happy with no badges at all. that being said, ford did a good job not plastering shelby all over it, ie supersnake

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Less is more says the guy with the bright red car with quad tips and a giant spoiler... lol.

You're right, says the guy that should have got a lesser red and had Ford build him a one-off with less than four tips on the exhaust end.

And the giant spoiler too. Extremely light (less weight) and yet more downforce. Exactly what I implied...

gjcavana

Established Member
I just got my black stripeless GT350 about 3 weeks ago and I'm torn on this subject. I agree with the sentiment that these cars look good without a lot of badging, but I also think mine needs a little something. The question is what. I'm 55 and have been wanting a Shelby since I was 14, so now that I have one I'm also wanting a little more satisfaction by seeing the Shelby name somewhere. After all I have wanted one for 40 years. I'm very seriously considering Matt black stripes with red pin stripe borders, but what I'm torn on is rocker stripes with SHELBY text. The last thing I want to do is make the looks of the car too busy, but I still think it needs something.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just got my black stripeless GT350 about 3 weeks ago and I'm torn on this subject. I agree with the sentiment that these cars look good without a lot of badging, but I also think mine needs a little something. The question is what. I'm 55 and have been wanting a Shelby since I was 14, so now that I have one I'm also wanting a little more satisfaction by seeing the Shelby name somewhere. After all I have wanted one for 40 years. I'm very seriously considering Matt black stripes with red pin stripe borders, but what I'm torn on is rocker stripes with SHELBY text. The last thing I want to do is make the looks of the car too busy, but I still think it needs something.

Do not do the rocker stripes.

At 55, isn't the answer always "add chrome"?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I did a Shelby tribute by putting lots of performance into my car and pulling out weight. For me, Shelby was a simple guy with a passion to go fast, and look badass doing it. But go fast. Then worry about the look.

Users who are viewing this thread