Fore Precision Works IRS Differential Cover Update

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Mine should be here in a few days I figure. My diff is back together and the IRS is back in my car. Ill just hang on to this diff cover for awhile. Wait to do it when I redo my fuel system. Looking forward to seeing the cover though. And I got your message Stacy. Was busy at work and couldn't answer the phone.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Mine should be here in a few days I figure. My diff is back together and the IRS is back in my car. Ill just hang on to this diff cover for awhile. Wait to do it when I redo my fuel system. Looking forward to seeing the cover though. And I got your message Stacy. Was busy at work and couldn't answer the phone.

Thanks!
Let us know if you have any questions/feedback. :rockon:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Will these help keep your diff oil from seeping out? It seems that my rear diff has a very small leak again...probably from the track, lol...

viper82489

Established Member
I think this might be a cause for concern

IMG00047-20090717-1040.jpg

Even though its at the top of the case and probably wont leak I think I am going to fill it in with weld and smooth it back down just to be sure it wont leak.

Not sure if all the cases are like this, just figured I would let everyone know what I ran into.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
interesting - was that the only bolt hole?

looks like on fore's peice the channel for the o-ring is outside of that, and would still seal (?)

foreprecision

Established Member

Even though its at the top of the case and probably wont leak I think I am going to fill it in with weld and smooth it back down just to be sure it wont leak.

Not sure if all the cases are like this, just figured I would let everyone know what I ran into.

I don't like it...even at the top, the fluid will get agitated and likely leak past and flow around the outside of the case. Good call on filling it in. We'll also amend the instructions to inspect the case mating surface.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Yes...and no silicone/RTV needed either.

That's one of the things I love about this cover. Even if you somehow manage to get it to bend (and you'd probably have to have a dozen Terminators' combined torque value to manage that), it would seal right back up.

I've definitely got to pick one of these up.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
That's one of the things I love about this cover. Even if you somehow manage to get it to bend (and you'd probably have to have a dozen Terminators' combined torque value to manage that), it would seal right back up.

I've definitely got to pick one of these up.

Got mine here if you want to check it out. Should have brought it to the BBQ.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member

Subscribing

viper82489

Established Member
Got some crappy cell pics of the repair

Before, if you didnt see it

All welded up
2.jpg

The cast aluminum was giving me some trouble
3.jpg

After a few more passes with the welder got it nice and smooth.
1.jpg

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread