• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

forged short-block, what did you guys do?

Discussion in 'Power-Adders' started by jeffs, Jun 20, 2018.

1. e85svt

e85svt Member Established Member

Only looking for 700-750, no more than that as it's a street car so a gen 2 shortblock is hard to pass up at that price point.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2. clinton2003

clinton2003 Active Member Established Member

If you have the willpower to keep it lo . Then great. Most of the people i know we lie to ourselves. 800 will be enough, then 1000, then 1200, then......

I have a probelm, i told myself that i just wanted to run an 8, now i just wanna run a 7.... hopefully i will be satisfied, but you never know.

3. e85svt

4. CKING23

CKING23 New Member

So the FR3Z-6009-H is for the gen 2 short block with rotating assembly? One of my ford dealerships was hesitant stating it was just for a bare block

5. e85svt

Yes that should be the block with the rotating assembly, bare block part number if I remember correctly is fr3z-6010-a.

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

6. Reaper14

Reaper14 Well-Known Member Established Member

The description says bare block. I had to make a few calls to find out for sure too. It is the gen 2 block. I have it sitting in my garage.

Vic

7. CKING23

CKING23 New Member

Thanks everyone i appreciate it! Gotta get me one as well im about at the safe limit of my gen 1

8. Riddick

Riddick MERICA Established Member

The deals are out there for the gen 2 short blocks. My buddy just bought one for 1800 OTD. He will have to provide a core but he already has a spare block sitting anyways.

Anyone interested in getting one of these I strongly recommend to check with all dealers within driving distance. If you can avoid shipping costs it's really a good deal.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

9. RusWolf

RusWolf Active Member Established Member

Hey guys finally got my car back... Hopefully assembled correctly as apparently that shop showed how shady they are as this whole thing was getting done.
    Plus I can't stand the son of the owner who claims he's the owner and his dad is just an investor...SMH Investor IS the owner especially when he comes from NY to unscrew whatever his felon son screwed up and can't finish, but i guess it's hard to understand that when you are retarded convicted felon with multiple arrests for domestic violence, impersonating a LEO and beating on his GF.

Anyway now on topic! Had new GEN 2 shortlock installed, i asked them multiple time to clean all pulleys and engine front cover... yup "cleaned" them all right...

also had BBK Ceramic LTH installed. BTW Guys GREAT headers, has probably close to 2" of clearance between closest pipe and steering shaft, great price (I paid $550) for them and paid $400 to install them.
    Also they modified my lethal OR/H-pipe to fit the headers as I did not want the raspy X-pipe sound. However, the welds on the now modified H-pipe look like a 2 year old with ADD syndrome got ahold of the MIG and went to town on my H-pipe.. double SMH..

McLeod RXT 1000HP clutch and McLeod flywheel and SS clutch line installed as well. Clutch pedal is now lighter than my 2011 stock clutch pedal felt, also 1 negative is that McLeod grabs at the very top, so will have to get used to it.

Now exactly 1000 miles later somehow a pulley from belt tensioner gets absolutely destroyed.. thankfully an easy swap! I also switched from green HD belt to RPM belt..
    Anyone knows how to adjust tension on the belt tension and if it's even adjustable since i believe they are automatic?

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  10. Reaper14

Keep us updated on the RPM belt. Been meaning to get one. Im at 3k miles with the RXT & still dont like it much for daily driving.

Vic

11. Reaper14

12. RusWolf

My tensioner pulley somehow got shredded to pieces, so i bough a new tensioner and installed it last night.

We have automatic tensioner, so how would we adjust it to 30% ?
    On the paxton bracket i left the pulley in the 4th hole from the left as it was with the HD belt.
    Belt are such a pain to change on paxton that if this rpm give me issues i’m going back to HD as it works really well.

Also dropped a screw driver head while sliding back the couplers on the charge pipes and it seems like it feel in the fan or around it. Any idea how to get it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Reaper14

I forgot you werent running a pd blower when I posted that link. I was about to say you have 2 ways to adjust but nevermind. How about with an extended magnet or just remove your fan? I dropped a socket into my k member/ a arm. Never got it out lol

Vic

14. RusWolf

I’d do the magnet, but I cannot even see the thing...
    Gotta open the paxton manual see how long it take to take out a fan lol... haven’t been that way in 8 years.

15. Reaper14

So any luck? Hate it when this happens. So what was the verdict on the sproket you used for your block? Gen 2 block, gen 1 heads, gen 1 timing, but gen 2 sproket?

Vic

16. RusWolf

Well the retard who told me that 15+ sprocket will work with Gen 2 block and gen 1 heads was wrong... and i confirmed with him 3 times.. no big deal.
    So i ended up getting boundary sprocket for 11-14.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  17. RusWolf

Ohh and guys.. if anyone from Central Florida reading this.. AVOID PITBULL PERFORMANCE in Daytona... Main owner is a cool man BUT he is not in FL often enough and his son manages the shop.. anyway, his low life son will do you dirty without hesitation. AVOID it more than you avoid HIV.. its that bad!

If his dad would have been able to actually run the shop, it would have been a good place, but he’s just rarely there.

P.S. also, NEVER tell him where you work and what you do for a living... He is a coward and will call your job with made up story to try to get you fired.. unfortunately for him, his criminal record is so bad that whatever he says holds 0 weight to it.

18. BOOGIE MAN

BOOGIE MAN Logic and Reason Established Member

Ok, I think we're all gonna need a little background info

Posts and likes are not mine.

19. Reaper14

Ok, so Im good then. Still building mine.

Vic

20. RusWolf

Yup you are good.