Forza 4 versus FM3 and GT5--same car/track side by side vid

mustangbee

Established Member
Nürburgring Gameplay und Videovergleich mit Forza 3 und GT5 zu Forza Motorsport 4 - XboxFront : Xbox 360 Xbox360 Xbox Live News Tests Shop Screenshots Tipps Tricks Forum Xbox 360 xbox360 Xbox Live

(in german, but they don't talk much later)

the GT5 comparo is later in the vid like at maybe the 6min mark, but damn. I liked forza 3 more for the gameplay and thought the visuals were decent, just thought GT5 was better looking. Wow, how far Forza 4 has come though.

Notice the sun and lighting hitting the interior etc. Very nice imo. The track model has a more real setting too for a sunny day were everything is brighter.

Last edited:

Svt4ever22

Established Member
But, but, but... but... look what I can drive in GT5!

Gran_Turismo_5_h_ssliche_Standard_Autos__5_.jpg

mustangbee

Established Member
yeah it does look good, I wouldn't even have cared that much long as the gameplay was the same, but I'll take the better graphics ANY day!!

PureStang

Established Member
Forza 4 looks pretty damn good.. the only thing I can see wrong is depth of the field of vision. Like everything seems to be very long and unrealistic. Forza 3's FOV is pretty good and proportional. I dont know if that makes sense. Forza 4 will probably be tweaked a bit too.

(i am refering to everything outside of the car, no the car interior...that looks fantastic)

mustangbee

Established Member
But, but, but... but... look what I can drive in GT5!

Gran_Turismo_5_h_ssliche_Standard_Autos__5_.jpg

No plz, that isn't GT5 is it? I don't remember this model. It looks just like GT4.

That is probably the biggest failure to me only have 20% of the cars that are ps3 quaility, then the rest are ps2, then just saying their "premuim" :lol1: pissed me off.

Raven519

Established Member
No plz, that isn't GT5 is it? I don't remember this model. It looks just like GT4.

That is probably the biggest failure to me only have 20% of the cars that are ps3 quaility, then the rest are ps2, then just saying their "premuim" :lol1: pissed me off.

Meh, the only cars that are worth a damn in GT5 where the premium ones, nobody cares about the rest of them. I really wish both forza and the GT series would cut down on the cars. Seriously, having 1k cars is pointless since less than 100 will actually be driven by most people.

Also, that video, while forza is improving *finally no more FM1 graphics* I still don't think its better than GT5. IN that video it was wayyyyy to bright. *could be the monitor they where using*

What sucks the most is, they still don't have night racing or weather. Why can't they do something useful instead of adding more junk that isn't needed. *sighs* maybe one day a company will get it right.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Meh, the only cars that are worth a damn in GT5 where the premium ones, nobody cares about the rest of them. I really wish both forza and the GT series would cut down on the cars. Seriously, having 1k cars is pointless since less than 100 will actually be driven by most people.

Also, that video, while forza is improving *finally no more FM1 graphics* I still don't think its better than GT5. IN that video it was wayyyyy to bright. *could be the monitor they where using*

What sucks the most is, they still don't have night racing or weather. Why can't they do something useful instead of adding more junk that isn't needed. *sighs* maybe one day a company will get it right.
im not sure the makers of gt5 will ever get it right either, forza has gotten better and the gran turismo has been a huge let down for me i mean 6 years and you dont get:
diablo
'03-'04 cobras
porsche!
e36 m3
f50
saleen s7 tt
gt500
'10-'11 gt500
etc.

and whats worse is they have like 2 shitbox miatas that are premium! shit even a prius is premium! man **** polyphony

the main reason GT will probably never get it right to us americans is because they are japanese making a game that caters to them mostly.

if forza4 turns out to be better and get a better overall score (99.9% chance it will) than gt5's, im buying an x360 JUST for this game.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

CodeMasters ftw.

Top 10 game engines of all time is/was used in GRiD/DiRT series. GT and Forza didnt even make the list. Sad its such an underrated studio, they ever make a grid2.....

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I remember playing JJ & BL stock car racing on the ps1. It had damage, inside view, weather options. It was a head of it's time.

Raven519

Established Member
im not sure the makers of gt5 will ever get it right either, forza has gotten better and the gran turismo has been a huge let down for me i mean 6 years and you dont get:
diablo
'03-'04 cobras
porsche!
e36 m3
f50
saleen s7 tt
gt500
'10-'11 gt500
etc.

and whats worse is they have like 2 shitbox miatas that are premium! shit even a prius is premium! man **** polyphony

the main reason GT will probably never get it right to us americans is because they are japanese making a game that caters to them mostly.

if forza4 turns out to be better and get a better overall score (99.9% chance it will) than gt5's, im buying an x360 JUST for this game.

Out of all those vehicles you listed, I only agree with the Porsche, all the others I would never use. Sorta like how Forza finally put a foxbody in a game and I used it for a day before I put it into the garage and never used it again. Novelty wore off. I own both systems, so I will continue to buy both games because there are very few racing games out that are any good.

CodeMasters ftw.

Top 10 game engines of all time is/was used in GRiD/DiRT series. GT and Forza didnt even make the list. Sad its such an underrated studio, they ever make a grid2.....

Dirt and Dirt 2 where enjoyable, Dirt 3 I got bored with very quickly and GRiD was just terrible. I'm hard to please when it comes to racing games, lol.

I think the sadded thing for me is, the last truely enjoyable racing games I played where PGR2/PGR3, Rallisport challenge 2 and even Toca Race Driver 2 *not that it was a good game, just because some of the crap that happened in it was just too funny* and all those games where from the original xbox. PGR2 was the first xbox game I played on xbox live and its still my favorite one.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
So you more or less like arcade games then if youre bringing up PGR. Thats on the same level as the Burnout series and Test Drive series. Burnout3 was sick though, excellent soundtrack and re-play value.

Last edited:

Zentenk

Established Member
Forza is so awesome!!! I played GT4 and when I played FM, I was like... man I can't stop in time I crash... wtf. Then I got used to how much more realistic it was compared to GT.

RedFord96

Established Member
They never have a good selection of late model Mustangs. The ones in it don't even sound close enough to a real Mustang. I'll wait on buying a game until this is fixed.

Good that the graphics are getting bumped up though, Forza 3 looks horribly dated. Not much better than I remember my copy of Forza 2 looking.

F8L BYT

Established Member
They never have a good selection of late model Mustangs. The ones in it don't even sound close enough to a real Mustang. I'll wait on buying a game until this is fixed.

Good that the graphics are getting bumped up though, Forza 3 looks horribly dated. Not much better than I remember my copy of Forza 2 looking.

Really??? This sounds pretty damn close to me, I have a fox that sounds just like this as well, its not as fast as a twin turbo one but damn I love playing in mine and hearing this sound, it never gets old!

[youtube_browser]fTLBX9VTy7E[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread