Forza 4 versus FM3 and GT5--same car/track side by side vid

Raven519

Established Member
So you more or less like arcade games then if youre bringing up PGR. Thats on the same level as the Burnout series and Test Drive series. Burnout3 was sick though, excellent soundtrack and re-play value.

nope, i prefer sim racers. However, with that being said, the best competition i've had where on those older arcade style games. Not to mention those older games had a lot of tournaments with some hefty prizes. Hell i won a trip to vegas for playing PGR3, lol.

The testdrive series is fun for just messing around on, the two burnout games I played where just terrible.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
That's exactly why I won't switch to Forza, it will have to be like 100 times better than GT5 for me to take a chance with the xbox.

The new ones have better cooling and are fixed. I bought mine last year just for FM 3. GT5 sucks... Forza puts it to shame. I really like Grid though too.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Forza 4 looks pretty sweet!!!

The only thing that video really showed was that the interior of the GT5 car was dark, otherwise I wasn't impressed enough to even consider making the switch to Xbox. I NEVER use the interior view when racing, only when wanting to watch the guages move.

Either game would be fun to have because they do just that, are fun to play:D

To represent GT5 a little and improve on the above picture, here's a few of my cars:D

PIC.jpg

Kyoto-Gion_1.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona.jpg

TheTopGearTestTrack_7.jpg

Toscana-1.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
God damn FM4 makes FM3 and GT5 look like damn cartoons. Look how unrealistically green that grass is and how the pavement looks so dull.

Only thing I saw in that video that GT5 had was the hand/arm movements and shading looked more realistic. The movements of the hands/arms in FM4 looked too "static" and unnatural, like his palms were glued to the wheel. GT5 they moved around a bit. Not that I really give a shit, I always rock the hood cam.

adramire25

Established Member
God damn FM4 makes FM3 and GT5 look like damn cartoons. Look how unrealistically green that grass is and how the pavement looks so dull.

Only thing I saw in that video that GT5 had was the hand/arm movements and shading looked more realistic. The movements of the hands/arms in FM4 looked too "static" and unnatural, like his palms were glued to the wheel. GT5 they moved around a bit. Not that I really give a shit, I always rock the hood cam.

GT5 has awesome graphics and car models to say it looks cartoonish is just plain fan boy talk.

Tracks in GT5 are more accurate and look more like the real life tracks IMO, FM4 version of the Nurb GP/F seems odd there is something just not quite right with it.

From what I have seen FM4 looks great but it is about tie in graphics and car modeling with GT5.

1hot281

Established Member
GT5 has awesome graphics and car models to say it looks cartoonish is just plain fan boy talk.

Tracks in GT5 are more accurate and look more like the real life tracks IMO, FM4 version of the Nurb GP/F seems odd there is something just not quite right with it.

From what I have seen FM4 looks great but it is about tie in graphics and car modeling with GT5.

Yeah, except Forza 4 will have 100% of their cars fully modeled with great graphics, instead of like 20% "premium" cars...

Not to mention the garbage collision detection and bumper car physics in GT5...

Raven519

Established Member

Thats what I always laugh about, people just can't enjoy both games, they always "try" to make one appear superior.

THe only people who complain about either damage or the whole "premium" car vs "standard" car on GT5 are the forza fanboys.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
GT5s driving feels more fun than Forza, but at the same time less involved. It's odd. I have a lot more fun chasing down computer cars in GT5 than I do in FM3, but at the same time, it seems more challenging to control the cars in FM3.

I like both games a lot, but FM3, and likely FM4, is a better game.

1hot281

Established Member
Thats what I always laugh about, people just can't enjoy both games, they always "try" to make one appear superior.

The only people who complain about either damage, or the whole "premium" car vs "standard" car on GT5 are the forza fanboys.

The people who complain about damage and the premium/standard car crap are EX-fans of the GT series, who waited 5+ years for a game that flopped horribly on it's face compared to expectations and what was promised. i bought a PS3 specifically for that game. and it was a bad decision.

-Decent physics but arcade-like collisions, corner cutting, wall-riding
-Rain effects, but weak even compared to simple arcade racers like PGR4
-Terrible lighting/shadow effects
-Ridiculous unrealistic grip with race tires (stock 2010 Camaro SS on race soft can run the nurburgring as fast a ZR-1 Vette or GT-R?)
-Weird collection of 1,000 cars, including multiple "concept" cars of cars that have been out for like 6 years, yet the real road version is missing
-Premium Prius, standard Bugatti Veyron
-No brake upgrade. I guess brakes aren't important to upgrade when racing on a road course?
-no rim or tire up-sizing (wider tires or staggered fitment isn't important, duh)
-no individual adjustment of gear ratios in racing trans
-many cars using auto gear ratios instead of manual. (Mustang GT premium, SRT-8 Challenger)
-no Porsche
-no GT500's
-Nascar, but with terrible gameplay compared to a Nascar game...
-Rally, but terrible compared to recent rally games
-800 cars with PS2/GT3/GT4 quality graphics
-poorly planned out leveling, resulting in the need for "grinding" (repeating races simply to build cash and/or experience)
-terrible online play (bad physics = cheating)
-too many Hybrids, many of which are Premium (Prius, CR-Z, Insight)
-Premium VW hippy Bus?

They bit off more than they could chew. They wanted so bad to be good at everything, that they ended up making a game that isn't GREAT at any one thing... the ONLY things they can claim to be better at anyone with is photo-realism with the premium cars in photo mode, and the inclusion of go-karts. (Premium Go-karts at that)

well and i guess they get points for decent tire smoke. But still not the best. Nascar games have had great smoke effects since the original Xbox

5+ years of development. GT5 should be above and beyond anything we've played prior. It's not. Lots of quantity, short on quality.

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
The people who complain about damage and the premium/standard car crap are EX-fans of the GT series, who waited 5+ years for a game that flopped horribly on it's face compared to expectations and what was promised. i bought a PS3 specifically for that game. and it was a bad decision.

-Ridiculous unrealistic grip with race tires (stock 2010 Camaro SS on race soft can run the nurburgring as fast a ZR-1 Vette or GT-R?)
-Weird collection of 1,000 cars, including multiple "concept" cars of cars that have been out for like 6 years, yet the real road version is missing
-No brake upgrade. I guess brakes aren't important to upgrade when racing on a road course?
-no rim or tire up-sizing (wider tires or staggered fitment isn't important, duh)
-many cars using auto gear ratios instead of manual. (Mustang GT premium, SRT-8 Challenger)
-no Porsche
-no GT500's
-poorly planned out leveling, resulting in the need for "grinding" (repeating races simply to build cash and/or experience)
-Premium VW hippy Bus?

They bit off more than they could chew. They wanted so bad to be good at everything, that they ended up making a game that isn't GREAT at any one thing... the ONLY things they can claim to be better at anyone with is photo-realism with the premium cars in photo mode, and the inclusion of go-karts. (Premium Go-karts at that)

well and i guess they get points for decent tire smoke. But still not the best. Nascar games have had great smoke effects since the original Xbox

5+ years of development. GT5 should be above and beyond anything we've played prior. It's not. Lots of quantity, short on quality.

Bingo

mustangbee

Established Member

THe only people who complain about either damage or the whole "premium" car vs "standard" car on GT5 are the forza fanboys.

You gotta be kidding me.
So forza 4 will have double the premuim cars in 2 years of development, and GT5 couldn't manage half that in 5 years. WTF. Yeah I'l just let that slide and pretend it didn't happen.:lol1: That would take serious loyality.
I'll just let the crap damage in GT5 slide, because I don't even need it to make the point.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
don't worry about that guy, he "doesn't pick sides", yet he can nitpick the shit out of the FM series and can't see any flaw in GT5. anyone who is truly a fan of racing games in general can admit that GT5 is just plain underachieving.

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
I played both GT5 and Forza 3...GT5 was a HUGE disappointment to me. I just expected alot more from it.. Forza 4 looks incredible and the fact that it incorporates the xbox connect is pretty cool if you plan on getting a wheel.

I didn't pay anything for my Xbox 360 so I do not know about the high fail rates. mine was given to me by someone who had the red ring of death and got frustrated trying to fix it.. -- i fixed it about a year ago and it has never given me any problems since. I do not know for sure but i think the newer 360's addressed a lot of the issues. the whole reason I even have an XBOX 360 in the first place is for the Forza series though LOL. everything else I usually get for the PS3

Last edited:

moot09

Established Member

-no Porsche
-no GT500's
-Premium VW hippy Bus?

Can't forget the car sounds of GT5, or lack of. I swear I was so excited to play GT5. First fast car I bought was a ZR1 expecting to sound like a ZR1. Instead I get a ****ing leafblower. I dont get it, the PGR series has realistic sounds and a game thats been in development for most of the PS3's life doesn't?! I will say this, the online drag racing on the Stage 7 is fun.

I do agree with thomas about the Grid/Dirt series. Best graphics in a car game I have seen in a while. They quit doing GRID for F1 2010 I believe. Which was amazing...

adramire25

Established Member
Everything looks good in FM4 except the track accuracy, you cant tell that is the Nurb/f in that video GT5 tracks are way more accurate.

I hope FM4 improved the replays and made them look more believable.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
GT5 was y I played PS but as soon as Forza came out it took over, only people with GT5 hate on Forza, Forza is a better game and Xbox is just better period. Some just need to quit picking on the little things they see wrong on F4, F3 is bad ass so I can only imagine when F4 comes out. GT5 took soo long to come out, F4 put the dagger in and who knows how long before GT ever comes out again.

Cuco5.0

Established Member
My only complaint about Forza is that they don't have nitrous:bash:...that would be the ultimate ninja mod. Forza is already more mod friendly/involved than GT5...just add the last piece.

BM1

Established Member
I'm looking forward to Forza 4. I stopped playing Forza 3 after they released an update that modified traction in drag mode and ****ed up all of my drag tunes that I had spent over a month tweaking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread