Found an abandoned missile silo..

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
Judging by the signs, don't be surprised if you wake up and your testicles decided not to work. Or you have a new arm that you affectionatly name Bobby. Or you just get Cancer. :lol:

Honestly more pics, that looks awesome

Orange Cobra

F the Cowboys!
Established Member
MAXX RS4 said:
I've lived here for about 8 years.. This isn't exactly my backyard. Now that me and my buddies all drive, we're able to go farther. We had to drive about 20 minutes and decided to treck into some woods that we've never seen before.

And this place has no grafitti anywhere, so I don't think many kids know about it.. I've never heard about it either.. It was probably a good 3 miles into the woods..

Man that place brings back meomories,it was quite the well known area in my day.Just try not to get caught.That place will net you some federal prison time.....There is an active base or training facility right across the street,Lakehurst Naval Base,Fort Dix is all connected to it.

SteveChris

Established Member
i know that site, they built it but then abondoned it after realizing that there's no good reason to defend jersey :shrug:

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
Cobraing said:
Judging by the signs, don't be surprised if you wake up and your testicles decided not to work. Or you have a new arm that you affectionatly name Bobby. Or you just get Cancer. :lol:

LMAO, that's great. That made me bust out laughing

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

We have something similar down here but all underground locations that have been filled in with concrete. We are actually designing a subdivision on the property and as long as the Phase 2 Environmental assessment comes back clean then it will be ok to build there. The phase 1 was fine, but now they need to do the phase 2 and get into the real testing to determine if the site is contaminated or not and if so it can all be treated anyway. but yeah, be careful from the law and radioactive crap. pretty cool though.

reminds me back in college when my roomates would go to a closed psych hospital in the middle of the night and check out all the crap that was still there. freaking, but cool at the same time to just wonder and think what happened in those places when they were being used.

Sp3nis

Baby With a Bottle
Established Member
cool we got underground tunnels and cool shit like that that could be missle silos in NY near me

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
broke7 said:
surface to air missle with a nuclear warhead?? How big of a plane you trying to shoot down?
The Nike series of missiles would carry nukes. They viewed things differently back then. Maybe that's why my generation is so neurotic, considering all of the "Duck and Cover" drills they had us doing in school. :D

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
This may of been the type of weapons facility you have stumbled upon, from my guess it was a nuclear style facility based on the info below.

http://www.hill.af.mil/museum/photos/coldwar/bomarcb.htm

CIM-10 Bomarc

Basic Data
Mission surface-to-air missile
Developed by USA
Deployed by Canada, USA
Service USAF, Canadian AF
Development Year 1949
Deployment Year 1959
Retirement Year 1964(CIM-10A), 1969(CIM-10B)
Targets Soviet bomber formation
Platform semi-hardened shelters ("coffins")
Number manufactured 570 (269,301)

Specification / Performance
Length 14.2m(CIM-10A), 13.7m(CIM-10B)
Body Diameter 89cm
Wing/Fin span 5.54m
Launch Weight 7,020kg, 7,250kg
Range 400km, 710km
Speed Mach 2.8, Mach 3
Altitude 20,000m, 30,000m

Subsystems
Propulsion ramjet, liquid-fuel rocket motor
Engine 2x Marquardt RJ43-MA-3 ramjet, Aerojet General LR59-AJ-13 liquid-fuel rocket (CIM-10A) : 2x Marquardt RJ43-MA-7 ramjet, Thiokol M51 solid-fuel rocket (CIM-10B)
Warhead W-40(7-10kT) nuclear warhead, CIM-10A had option for conventional HE
Guidance ground commands from SAGE (Semi-Automatic Ground Environment)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread