freak of a mach 1

Cobra4pt6

Banned
i talked to that guy again with the mach 1 that i ran last night......he said in the quarter he ran a 13.7 @ 115, and it is all stock except for an o/r x-pipe.......
he says he's beaten an 03 cobra from a roll and judging by the way he pulled from me and me having raced a stock 03 cobra from a roll, i believe him........
he said he has the stock 3.55 gears also.....
but com'on 115mph in the 1/4 from a stock mach 1 what is up withthis car?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
sounds to me he is confused. the best time i saw for a mach 1 completely stock is 12.89 at 109. most stock mach 1's are in the 13.2 106 range.
there was a guy making about 300whp with 4.30's and tires running 12.39 @ 110 i believe or something like that.
if this guy is trapping @ 115 he has done something to the engine. and then 12.7 @ 115 is believable with street tires. and there are couple other guys running in the 11's n/a but i dont think they even trapping that high. and they have lots of little mods and weight reduction.
do some research on this guy. tell us what you find out.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
he said he was powershifting and short shifting 2nd and 3rd......and come to think of it, my front bumper was at his rear wheel when he shifted to 3rd and i was still on my way to redline in 2nd and that gave him the jump and pull away momentum with him being in the next gear and me still at the lower gear......i figured if i would have shifted the same time as him he woulda got me by 3/4 of car b/c i wasn't going to powershift to keep up with him.............................i dunno, correct me if im wrong

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
that has something to do with it. considering the mach 1 is about .3 faster in the 1/4 compared to the 99-01 cobra, would that equall a car length?
but the 115mph is still way off. if he is pulling that mph in the 1/4 he should be running mid 12's not 13.7. wierd. :shrug:
all in all as p machy said we all forget how much of a difference the driver does make. shifting at the right rpm and power shifting does make a difference.:rockon:

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
He is a lying bastardo. No stock mach with just an o/r xpipe traps NEAR that high. I would say MAX he could MAYBE get 110.

Established Member
BS!! No way in hell sorry.
My trap speed was 116mph but i had spray on my car.
I ran a best of 13.3 @ 105mph bone stock & goodyears.
The best time i've seen a n/a Mach1 run is a 11.80 @ 115mph.And he has full exhaust ported intake chip full suspension and slicks.He is a good driver too! His name JTCOBRA on the boards he runs in factory stock.:burnout:

jpetre

Established Member
I think maybe he was using a G-Tech those things always trap high. No way he is making that trap speed! He would have to have some type of power adder.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by ON D BIT
that has something to do with it. considering the mach 1 is about .3 faster in the 1/4 compared to the 99-01 cobra, would that equall a car length?
but the 115mph is still way off. if he is pulling that mph in the 1/4 he should be running mid 12's not 13.7. wierd. :shrug:
all in all as p machy said we all forget how much of a difference the driver does make. shifting at the right rpm and power shifting does make a difference.:rockon:

How can a stoke Mach beat a stock 99-01 Cobra? Isn't the HP for a Mach 305 compared to the 320 from a 99-01 Cobra? Is the mach lighter than the Cobra? What's up with that?
:beer:
Ryan

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
well, they easily underated the Mach by about 30+ hp.

Here at 5800 ft a 2001 saleen cobra made with basani catback and Xpipe made 220 uncorrected. Again at 5800 ft. His stock DYNO numbers were around 210-212.

I made complete stock not even a K&N 222 uncorrected. Im hoping for 230ish with exhaust.

Car is also lighter and plus solid rear. Cars imop much better all around than the 99/01 cobras.

Just the Mach gets no love because of the monster 03 cobra :-D. Which is my next car to buy!

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
also my comment on the guys 115 mph for a stock car... HE IS LYING his ACE off!!!... Simple as that. Sounds like he is using nitrous.

Users who are viewing this thread