freak of a mach 1

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra4pt6
ON D BIT,
for your info, i've only had my car for almost 2 years now....also, most of my money goes to college and i'm setting funds aside for law school too, therefore leaving me with a couple of dollars to mod up my car.... stock for stock, 5spd for 5spd, my car is beating mach 1's from a roll......i didn't have the funds to mod my car thanks to college, but i started to mod my car after my first run with an 00 c5 corvette and i rebudgeted my finances to allow myslef some leeway to mod up....now i'm faster than stock c5s....also if i didnt have to pay for school, i'd have one BAD ASS'd cobra......also i'm not trying to go all out modding my car, just a couple of bolt ons here and there is fine for me b/c after i gradute i'm getting an 06 cobra or maybe a '98 dodge viper gts....

face the facts: mach's are quicker from the dig, but cobras own them from a roll.......

hey i admire you putting yourself through college 4pt6. and i also know how hard it is to find enough cash for mods. i saving for the griggs suspension. i still do not buy your argument about the 99/01 cobra. every piece of evidence you have provided is your opinion and not fact.
sure you have pulled mach 1's when stock i dont question that. sure you pull mach 1's now. i dont question that either. but for every roll race you have won i bet i can find 2 mach 1's that have pulled 99/01 cobras as well. but that still would not be fact would it, its still opinion.
where are your so called facts? the only true test that i have seen between the mach and new edge cobras finished this way. the mach 1 won the 1/4 and street/strip starts. from the roll done severall times at various speed up until 120 or so both cars were even. so here are the facts that i have seen. mach 1 from a dig. even from a roll.
but as for my opinion i think the mach 1 will win both races. and also next time you try to pass opinion off as fact do it somewhere else.
good luck with school and grad school. always work hard so you can play hard. nice numbers on your car as well.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
you claim "even" from a roll........ok, the mach 1 is making more power, has a gearing advantage, lighter in weight, but the cobra with all the disadvantages is dead even with the mach from a roll shows that it can bite also.... you cant always rely on the dyno sheet to see which car is faster until you put it on the road in reality under real world variables and conditions.... you'll see what i'm talking about when you come across a stout stock cobra from a roll..... i guarantee you if i put my car back to stock and you have yours stock, i'll pull you no more that 1/2 a car from a roll.........when i had my first run in with a stock mach 1 and myself stock also, we punched from 40mph, side by side, he got to redline quicker than me (thanx to his gearing and torque advantage), in which he shifted to 3rd while i was still in second....that shift dropped him back, but when it was my turn to shift he gained his ground back until i hit 3rd and i began to pull out on him a lil.......

Cobra4pt6

Banned
by the way, magazines lie to increase selling efforts of certain vehicles........ remember magazines say a honda s2k runs high 13's in the 1/4, yet in reality stock mustang Gt's are beating it on the streets.....
same goes for the 350z, more power than a stang gt, yet gt's are still beating it on the street.....
you can't always go by what a magazine says you have to be impurical at times........

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Originally posted by GIDIEUP
Talk trash eh? What are you dyno results? I dynoed at 297 RWHP.

What trash? You think I can't back it up? I don't see you posting any dyno sheets or time slips. With an air filter and o/r x-pipe, I dyno'd 297.62 RWHP and 327.22 RWTQ SAE corrected.

Mach1_dyno2.jpg

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Originally posted by GIDIEUP
I must not be able to drive my Cobra worth a shit if you put down 13.1 @ 105 @ 287rwhp. Or the place you went to drag was off. The best I could do was 13.5 @ 104 @ 297 rwhp. Do you have your slips?

Again, I don't see you putting up your slips. I've got nothing to hide, yeah, bone stock I ran a 13.1, deal with it.

TS3.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
when i had my first run in with a stock mach 1 and myself stock also, we punched from 40mph, side by side, he got to redline quicker than me (thanx to his gearing and torque advantage), in which he shifted to 3rd while i was still in second....that shift dropped him back, but when it was my turn to shift he gained his ground back until i hit 3rd and i began to pull out on him a lil.......

in this encounter of yours, which i believe is a blow by blow of one of your runs with a mach 1(correct me if im wrong) you are actually saying that after all the shifts line up both the cobra and mach 1 are even. is this correct?
yes when one shifts first you will lose a little ground, but then you will make it up when the other guy shifts, this by your own account. i call this an even race.
basically if these cars are so close you are counting the shifts as the only time your gaining ground you are beating the driver and not the car. have a good day. :rockon:

COBRA32

Established Member
I have a 03 Cobra now and had a 2001 Cobra and when I raced a Stock Mach 1 in the 01 Cobra it pulled me both from a dig and a roll. The Mach1 was underrated and the 99's Cobras were overrated from the factory. The 2004 Mach1's are now rated at 310 horsepower and 335 pounds of torque with no changes for 04. If you quit looking at the peak horsepower and look at the curves on the dyno's the Mach 1's have a much fatter torque and horsepower curve than the 99 or 01 Cobra's because of better heads they are not as peaky and its mid range power that wins street roll races unless you run all out then horsepower will come into play. I don't have to worry about Mach1's now but with my 01 Cobra I did. Like everyone has been saying it’s a drivers race and if driver are equal than it’s the Mach1's race period even if you talk modified or stock it’s that simple. The Mach 1's make more torque and more horsepower stock than any 96 thru 01 Cobra's its been shown countless of times on the dyno's and the race track's. Just take him in the curve and hope that there is not any long straight-aways

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
you can always throw 3.55s and live axle underneath a cobra and watch who wins....cobra

go away troll.

thanks to everyone else for there unbiased reviews.:burnout: cobra, mach 1 doesnt matter they are both sweet.:rockon:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
troll huh? i bet your punk arse won't say it to my face.............thats what i thought, keep the name calling coments to yourself unless you can back yourself up when you face the consequences.....

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
you can always throw 3.55s and live axle underneath a cobra and watch who wins....cobra

Where do you come up with this stuff? Okay, you put 3.55 gears and the live axle in a 99 Cobra. The Mach 1 will still have the advantage due to its 32 valve motor having improved cams, intake, and exhaust, not to mention, just plain more power, both HP and TQ due to those improvements.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
troll huh? i bet your punk arse won't say it to my face.............thats what i thought, keep the name calling coments to yourself unless you can back yourself up when you face the consequences.....

you started this stupid thread. we told you eveything you wanted to know backed up with facts(time slips, dyno's, tests). when one refuses to except the facts that were given, only to come back with i dont care what you say, the cobra is faster. you then become a troll.
sure keep telling us how your cobra is faster than a mach 1, i really dont care. and judging by the responses of others they could care less also about your opinion. i really dont care what you think. good for you, your car is faster than mine. like i have not heard that one before.:bash: feel free to look me up if you ever get to norcal.:rockon: im done

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Any more dynos to post? Angus- interestingly the curves are both surprisingly similar I would have expected the Mach 1 to start to run out of breath before the Cobra but that was not the case ( going by comments of the mach 1 not wanting to rev as much as the 99/01 cobras) So does anyone else have anymore stock dynos? cobra or mach1 is cool. Also for every Mach 1 that dynoed 280rwhp how many dynoed 270rwhp? This is not a slight, they're are(or were) a few 290rwhp stock 01 cobras out there and for everyone of those hundreds in the 270-280's. Just trying to get a handle on whether or not you guys just have freaks, or if this is more of an average.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by E. Green Cobra
Any more dynos to post? Angus- interestingly the curves are both surprisingly similar I would have expected the Mach 1 to start to run out of breath before the Cobra but that was not the case ( going by comments of the mach 1 not wanting to rev as much as the 99/01 cobras) So does anyone else have anymore stock dynos? cobra or mach1 is cool. Also for every Mach 1 that dynoed 280rwhp how many dynoed 270rwhp? This is not a slight, they're are(or were) a few 290rwhp stock 01 cobras out there and for everyone of those hundreds in the 270-280's. Just trying to get a handle on whether or not you guys just have freaks, or if this is more of an average.

you are very much correct. the stock mach 1's and stock 01 cobra dyno at about the same horsepower. my stock dyno was 278.8rwhp and 290rwtq. this was on a superflow dyno a little more conservitive than the dynojet(about 3-5hp).
my mach 1 is right on as far average horsepower. my torque is a little lower than most mach 1's which dyno at around 300rwtq.
from what i have seen the mach 1 and 01 cobra have about the same horsepower, but the mach 1's usually have about 5-10 more torque to the wheels than the cobras, as showed by the dyno earlier.:burnout: they are both awesome vehicles, we are lucky to have them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread