freak of a mach 1

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Originally posted by GIDIEUP
How can a stoke Mach beat a stock 99-01 Cobra? Isn't the HP for a Mach 305 compared to the 320 from a 99-01 Cobra? Is the mach lighter than the Cobra? What's up with that?
:beer:
Ryan

Hate to burst your bubble there, Ryan, but I'll put my Mach 1 up against your 99 Cobra any day of the week. Even our mods are pretty much the same, all I have is a Kool Blue filter (K&N style) and a Magnaflow o/r x-pipe, and I'm putting down almost 300rwhp. Stock, my car put out 287rwhp and turned a 13.1 @105, which will handle most stock 99-01 Cobras.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
How can a stoke Mach beat a stock 99-01 Cobra? Isn't the HP for a Mach 305 compared to the 320 from a 99-01 Cobra? Is the mach lighter than the Cobra? What's up with that?
:beer:
Ryan

the mach 1's are under rated. they have about the same horsepower as a 99-01 cobra but they also have a little more torque. plus there is more torque at a lower rpm than the new edge cobras thanks to a new cam.
they have 3.55 gears instead of the 3.27 of the stock cobras, and they have the solid axle in the rear. this takes weight off the car and lets the car launch with a lot less wheel hop.

most stock new edge cobra were running 13.5's in the 1/4 with a real good driver. most stock mach 1's are running 13.1's in the 1/4.
a few guys who have had both cars have said the stock mach 1's feel like there 99/01 cobra's with 4.10 gears. that says it all.

Angus

Established Member
Originally posted by ON D BIT
the mach 1's are under rated. they have about the same horsepower as a 99-01 cobra but they also have a little more torque. plus there is more torque at a lower rpm than the new edge cobras thanks to a new cam.

Here's my dyno comparison of my stock '01 Cobra (red lines) vs my stock '03 Mach 1 (blue lines)

01%204v%20vs%2003%204v.jpg

As you can see, the '03/'04 Mach 4V has an additional 8.3 rwhp & almost 20 extra rwtq over the '01 4V.

That's exactly why I was the one who said the following:

Originally posted by ON D BIT
the stock mach 1's feel like there 99/01 cobra's with 4.10 gears.

:-D :-D :-D

The Mach 1 owner who said he trapped 115 stock is full of shat though, or he meant to say he trapped 105 mph...

Last edited:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
even though a mach dyno more torque, if you're running from the cops, you'll get caught in the mach 1 first before you get caught in the cobra..............

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra4pt6
even though a mach dyno more torque, if you're running from the cops, you'll get caught in the mach 1 first before you get caught in the cobra..............

on what grounds? angus has already posted his stock dyno numbers from his 01 cobra and 03 mach 1. and not only did the mach 1 have more torque, it had more horsepower. the mach 1 is a faster and lighter car.
yes the cobra handles better stock because of the irs, and the cobra is close enough performance wise for one to outdrive a mach 1.

but if your here just to say you have a better car because you have a cobra? then please leave. just face it your cobra and the mach 1 are basically the same car.:bash:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
machs may have more power, but back when i was stock, ran a stock mach 1 from a roll, i pulled him 1/2 a car. from a roll, cobras are faster...........

Cobra4pt6

Banned
mach's have gear, weight and torque advantage, but the cobra still pulls it from a roll.........while the mach handles it from the stop.........
all in all it's all good, kinda different but equal..... you send the cobra to handle the twisties w/ m3's and the mach to do battles from the stop with ss's

you can look at dyno sheets all you want, but in reality, mach 1 for stops and cobra for rolls...........

Last edited:

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
ive never lost to a 99 or 01 cobra from a roll.... So drivers race. Im a better driver than all those cobra owners then I guess!

But your right all is good. We are FORD fans not trying to start a civil war amungst us. The Chittys and burnt rice are the Talibans!!!

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by TR03Mach1
Hate to burst your bubble there, Ryan, but I'll put my Mach 1 up against your 99 Cobra any day of the week. Even our mods are pretty much the same, all I have is a Kool Blue filter (K&N style) and a Magnaflow o/r x-pipe, and I'm putting down almost 300rwhp. Stock, my car put out 287rwhp and turned a 13.1 @105, which will handle most stock 99-01 Cobras.

Talk trash eh? What are you dyno results? I dynoed at 297 RWHP.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by TR03Mach1

I must not be able to drive my Cobra worth a shit if you put down 13.1 @ 105 @ 287rwhp. Or the place you went to drag was off. The best I could do was 13.5 @ 104 @ 297 rwhp. Do you have your slips?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i'm putting down 313 rwhp, but i ran a 13.6 @ 105.4mph back when i had around 285rwhp

no wonder your winning roll races. nice #'s.
there have been more than a few stock mach 1's running 13.1's stock. the stock mach 1 is dynoing around 280rwhp.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I must not be able to drive my Cobra worth a shit if you put down 13.1 @ 105 @ 287rwhp. Or the place you went to drag was off. The best I could do was 13.5 @ 104 @ 297 rwhp. Do you have your slips?

gears(the mach 1 has 3.55's), and the live axle(less wheep hop, and lighter) will account for the .3-.5sec difference in the runs.

dont worry about it, my best run is 13.52 @ 105 and i dynoed at 279rwhp. 2.2 60 time on that run did not help. yes i still have some work to do with my driving ability.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
let me get this straight 4pt6. you kept your cobra stock for four years, then you when the mach 1 comes out you beat a few from a roll. then and only after you have proven your faster than a mach 1 you first feel the need to modify your vehicle(usually you start to mod after you have found out that your car is lsower than another, like in american graffiti. whats the matter you were not beating the mach 1's bad enough?
also the mach 1's do come in an auto, which will be slower than a stock 99/01 cobra from a roll.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
ON D BIT,
for your info, i've only had my car for almost 2 years now....also, most of my money goes to college and i'm setting funds aside for law school too, therefore leaving me with a couple of dollars to mod up my car.... stock for stock, 5spd for 5spd, my car is beating mach 1's from a roll......i didn't have the funds to mod my car thanks to college, but i started to mod my car after my first run with an 00 c5 corvette and i rebudgeted my finances to allow myslef some leeway to mod up....now i'm faster than stock c5s....also if i didnt have to pay for school, i'd have one BAD ASS'd cobra......also i'm not trying to go all out modding my car, just a couple of bolt ons here and there is fine for me b/c after i gradute i'm getting an 06 cobra or maybe a '98 dodge viper gts....

face the facts: mach's are quicker from the dig, but cobras own them from a roll.......

Last edited:

Angus

Established Member

face the facts: mach's are quicker from the dig, but cobras own them from a roll.......

You keep saying that over & over again, but you simply have ZERO evidence other than a few uncontrolled street races to support that opinion. :rollseyes

I've owned, raced & modded both cars & the Mach 1 is simply faster than the '99/'01 Cobras, both from a dig & a roll.
Not by a huge amount, but the difference is significant.

I'm up for some roll-races with you if you want to test out your (awfully-weak) theory further... ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread