freak of a mach 1

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Originally posted by ON D BIT
you are very much correct..... they are both awesome vehicles, we are lucky to have them.

Ok but what of the Power range? Are the Machs peaking around 6k and running out of breath near 6800 or so like the cobras or are they making peak lower? The previous dyno looked near identical (except higher #'s) throughout the curve is this normal?
What I'd really like to know is if its the cams that make the difference or if its the heads. I want to know if you stuck 99/01 cams into a set of 03 heads do the 03 cams still "win". Basically wheres the power coming from the headds or the cams?

Originally posted by TR03Mach1
Where do you come up with this stuff? Okay, you put 3.55 gears and the live axle in a 99 Cobra. The Mach 1 will still have the advantage due to its 32 valve motor having improved cams, intake, and exhaust, not to mention, just plain more power, both HP and TQ due to those improvements.

I've seen some 01 cobras go into the 13.2-13.3 stock. The 13.2 was a vert the 13.3 a coupe. Both cars dynoed around 274hp and 285ish tq. Driver was Evan Smith MM&FF. I think a stick axle would make a great difference and as already established it would be a close one.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
what i have heard is the new cams were placed in this engine to give it more torque up front. as you look at the dyno from pg 1 you can see that @3500 the torque from the mach 1 is as high as the cobra when its @4200. the cams are the reason the torque hits much earlier in the power range.
i do not know what the heads do for this engine. maybe they react better with the new cams? im guessing they do flow better helping the enficiency of the engine but i have no idea of how much.

if your upgrading your cobra i would go with these new forged cams(and maybe forged rods and pistons as well) and then get a good set of headers and run no cats. this combo should release good hp to the wheels.

Established Member
Originally posted by BT03mach-1
Do you want some also?
HaHa!
Yeah give me about 6 month's ok.:lol:
Hey i got some 15x3.5 drag light's today,next week i'll get some for the back 15x9.:burnout:

N20D5OH

Established Member
Here is my stock dyno and stock timeslip.

mydyno.jpg

1326.jpg

There is no way in hell a stock 99/01 Cobra is going to pull a stock '03/04 Mach 1 from a roll. Not even with Jesus himself driving the Cobra.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Originally posted by N20D5OH

mydyno.jpg

1326.jpg

There is no way in hell a stock 99/01 Cobra is going to pull a stock '03/04 Mach 1 from a roll. Not even with Jesus himself driving the Cobra.
I not sure about that I heard jesus can cut 1.6 60fts and pull clean powershifts in a cobra :burnout:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Originally posted by N20D5OH

:lol: Thanks man I appreciate it- I'm slightly retarded... peak hp is about 5100rpm, with peak tq at 4300 ish? Was Run 1 right off the street? with a cooldown for run 2? Also where is this place you got it dynoed I'm in the Tampa/Seminole areas and am looking to get a baseline done someday.

Originally posted by ON D BIT
what i have heard is the new cams were placed in this engine to give it more torque up front. as you look at the dyno from pg 1 you can see that @3500 the torque from the mach 1 is as high as the cobra when its @4200. the cams are the reason the torque hits much earlier in the power range.
i do not know what the heads do for this engine. maybe they react better with the new cams? im guessing they do flow better helping the enficiency of the engine but i have no idea of how much.

if your upgrading your cobra i would go with these new forged cams(and maybe forged rods and pistons as well) and then get a good set of headers and run no cats. this combo should release good hp to the wheels.

Well I'm thinking about a bigbore motor with 03 heads and 99 cams. both stock with a good valve job. Unless the 03 cams are really superior. I'm thinking that the mach's cams are geared more to the tq and that they hurt the hp but that is only a observation, the First dyno posted kinda reject that hypoth- and that is the reason I asked for more dynos.:rockon:

Last edited:

john chingasos

Established Member
Cant we all just get along......What does it really matter because the 2003/04 Cobra kicks all of our asses.................I guess since there is no more slomaros and screaming chickens to battle we turn on ourselves........such a shame.....:shrug: :eek: :bash:

N20D5OH

Established Member
Originally posted by E. Green Cobra
:lol: Thanks man I appreciate it- I'm slightly retarded... peak hp is about 5100rpm, with peak tq at 4300 ish? Was Run 1 right off the street? with a cooldown for run 2? Also where is this place you got it dynoed I'm in the Tampa/Seminole areas and am looking to get a baseline done someday.

Run 1 was done with a 4 hour cool down. Run 2 was done right after. I just moved from Seminole, that dyno is not far from there at all. It's on 118th St. just west of 28th St. by the garbage incinerator.

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
All I have to say is, I live in Lubbock and the DA can be as high as 7000 at times. Anyway, my friends down here have Mach 1's and no '99 or '01 Cobra with bolt ons can touch them!

I have seen these guys pull 110 mph with a DA of 5200 ft. They are on the spray now with 100 shot and are pulling mid 11's down here at over 117 mph. Btw, the Mach's I'm referring to only have slight exhaust mods. Nothing else!

Last edited:

stang99

Ran your slip through the DA calculator here: http://www.modulardepot.com/density.php

Must be nice to run at -493' DA. But, I see lots of Machs run and I also owned a 2001 Cobra. The Mach is definitely faster stock for stock, or same mods for same mods.

Originally posted by TR03Mach1
Again, I don't see you putting up your slips. I've got nothing to hide, yeah, bone stock I ran a 13.1, deal with it.

TS3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread