Friends Evo vs Z06 We're dead....

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
(if evos even have that like a dsm)

An evo is a dsm.

Who told you this?

An Evo is not a DSM, nor is it a biproduct of the Diamond Star Motors regime.

Comparable, yes. Shares the 7bolt 4g63 block, yes. Same? nope. Like comparing a 03/04 Cobra to a GT500, two totally different platforms that share "like" motors and configurations.

Plus I was mostly referring to whether or not their ECU's hit "Fuel cut" when the mas sees too much airflow (IE if the turbo is not staying at a desired boost level or the ambient temps+more boost overrun the mas signal and the ECU no longer knows how to accomodate the additional airflow) and cuts fuel, which obviously is never a good thing.

An Evo is the DSM's big famous brother that got all the support because of its name. The DSM is the red headed stepchild. It got some of the good parts, but is more or less ignored by everyone but those truly dedicated or that know whats up.

The only Evo that a DSM really shares most in common are the Evo 1-3's. Anything past that and most the parts are not interchangable.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Should have looked over and said, "this was a street brawl and". . . . . .
tumblr_m2h8shAQL21r6xgv9o1_500.png

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
Who told you this?

An Evo is not a DSM, nor is it a biproduct of the Diamond Star Motors regime.

Comparable, yes. Shares the 7bolt 4g63 block, yes. Same? nope. Like comparing a 03/04 Cobra to a GT500, two totally different platforms that share "like" motors and configurations.

Plus I was mostly referring to whether or not their ECU's hit "Fuel cut" when the mas sees too much airflow (IE if the turbo is not staying at a desired boost level or the ambient temps+more boost overrun the mas signal and the ECU no longer knows how to accomodate the additional airflow) and cuts fuel, which obviously is never a good thing.

An Evo is the DSM's big famous brother that got all the support because of its name. The DSM is the red headed stepchild. It got some of the good parts, but is more or less ignored by everyone but those truly dedicated or that know whats up.

The only Evo that a DSM really shares most in common are the Evo 1-3's. Anything past that and most the parts are not interchangable.

So its not over boost? Thanks for the info man! :banana::beer:

03kevo

Established Member
Your buddy is a ****ing dumbass.

How do you continue to hang out with someone that stupid?

X10000000

No wonder why i dumped some of my import friends, when i purchased my cobra. They just dont know when to give credit where its due.

Like the old saying, birds of a feather flock together.

Last edited:

blkvenm97

Established Member
great death! your bud is def a ricer of the 10th degree. I love when the import guys talk shit and have a modified turbo 4 banger and when you beat em in your bolt on n/a v8 after they talk shit they wanna say "well man you got a v8 against my 4 banger*...they seem to leave out the little detail about the turbo that they have.

SneakyPete

Banned
I'm not a turbo guys either but I'm still not sure what over boosting is lol. Yes it was a C6Z06 I believe. Wicked fast. I'm sure he'll never respect the guy but it was just funny to think about. Now hes been talking about a 'build" he is going to do that will cost him around 7K lol. Oh boy here we go.:coolman:

To be fair, a 7k build on that car would walk your Cobra and that Z with ease if he spends his money wisely, however, he doesn't sound like the quickest of cats so he will probably fail again miserably when he tries to run another one. 7k and considering he already has some mods (prolly the normal TBE, intake, clutch, tune), could net him 5-600whp. GT35R kit and supporting mods would be right around there installed. Or he could be different and go with anything else besides the go-to 35R set-up, like an FP black or a Precision 6262 even.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
To be fair, a 7k build on that car would walk your Cobra and that Z with ease if he spends his money wisely, however, he doesn't sound like the quickest of cats so he will probably fail again miserably when he tries to run another one. 7k and considering he already has some mods (prolly the normal TBE, intake, clutch, tune), could net him 5-600whp. GT35R kit and supporting mods would be right around there installed. Or he could be different and go with anything else besides the go-to 35R set-up, like an FP black or a Precision 6262 even.

Lol 7k into a z06 or cobra would be down right nasty!

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
X10000000

No wonder why i dumped some of my import friends, when i purchased my cobra. They just dont know when to give credit where its due.

Like the old saying, birds of a feather flock together.

Still pulling the wheels Off the ground in 2nd gear? With that 200 methanol shot?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member

Maybe so but I would still rather drive the Z and the OPs bud saying they are over rated. :lol:

That tends to happen from showing tail lights to almost every car it encounters.

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
HAHAHA thanks guys, I'm all about american muscle and by all means money can make a damn Fiero go fast, He over rated the C6Z06, he said they were over rated, he came up with every excuse in the book, he couldn't take the pure death for anything. I instigated it all but I respect all cars out there. You never know what you come across. Honestly I fear Vettes and other cobras bc them are the two cars that with LITTLE money becomes ridiculous! hahaha thanks guys!

SneakyPete

Banned
Lol 7k into a z06 or cobra would be down right nasty!

7k into the Evo and 7k into the Cobra would net similiar results, with the nod going to the Evo honestly. 500-600awhp 3000lb AWD car vs. 600-650whp nearly 4000lb car means an advantage for the Evo. I'd still rather have a Cobra for a roll race but from a dig, it would be ugly street tire to street tire.

03kevo

Established Member
7k into the Evo and 7k into the Cobra would net similiar results, with the nod going to the Evo honestly. 500-600awhp 3000lb AWD car vs. 600-650whp nearly 4000lb car means an advantage for the Evo. I'd still rather have a Cobra for a roll race but from a dig, it would be ugly street tire to street tire.

What do you drive?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member

Uh, actually 7k into the cobra would net more like 750 to the wheel easy and weighs 3665, not 4000. Not to many dig races happening on the street either, something to keep in mind. At least 90 percent of all street races are going to happen from a roll.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Any smart guy wouldn't be on street tiresnwith 700whp. I'm at 441rwhp and on 315 Toyo DRs. They hook well for me. But yeah from a dig evos are nasty. If i was a full quarter the cobra could reel him in

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
good luck with that...:rollseyes

I ran several modded evos from rolls when I was stock. A couple of them 'broke'/had problems (honestly anytime I won I heard the same thing) and the one had cams, exhaust, cai and apparently was just a mismatch of parts because he lost by several lengths from a 75-150 run (he picked the race). Not saying they are slow at all, I got destroyed by a 400awhp Evo on JDR one day and a few others with unknown mods kicked the crap out of me. Bottom line is the Evo isn't the baddest car out there and shit happens.

SneakyPete

Banned
Uh, actually 7k into the cobra would net more like 750 to the wheel easy and weighs 3665, not 4000. Not to many dig races happening on the street either, something to keep in mind. At least 90 percent of all street races are going to happen from a roll.

750? no, no, no, no 1000x NO. A brand new blower alone costs 3-4k, add on bolt-ons and labor and a tune and you're OVER 7k genius. I said close to 4000lb and by curb weight, yes it is nearly 4000lbs. don't get sensitive about your car being fat. geesh.

Users who are viewing this thread