Friends Evo vs Z06 We're dead....

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
750? no, no, no, no 1000x NO. A brand new blower alone costs 3-4k, add on bolt-ons and LABOR and a tune and you're OVER 7k genius. I said close to 4000lb and by curb weight, yes it is nearly 4000lbs. don't get sensitive about your car being fat. geesh.

Not doing your own work is for pussies.
And I remember taking an Evo8 down from a dig in my old bolt on gt which was by no means impressive. Your friends full of excuses OP, if he would've "overboosted" as he's calling it from the launch you would've felt it in the car lurching/cutting out.

Last edited:

SneakyPete

Banned
Not doing your own work is for pussies.

so you can build an entire car from scratch yourself? interesting, you should create a car company for yourself then, work out of a shed and name it Lotus. I threw labor in there as everyone is going to have to at least pay to have their car tuned unless you do that yourself too in which case, you are a class act my friend!

I've worked on each one of my previous vehicles myself however, i'd still rather pay to have a professional do a motor build, turbo swap, etc than me since that is what they are PAID to do, it's not their hobby. But you go ahead and build your backyard queen and I'll have a shop do every ounce of my work and we'll see what the end result is. Ever seen the top gear caterham comparo?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
750? no, no, no, no 1000x NO. A brand new blower alone costs 3-4k, add on bolt-ons and labor and a tune and you're OVER 7k genius. I said close to 4000lb and by curb weight, yes it is nearly 4000lbs. don't get sensitive about your car being fat. geesh.

Hey, I like them with a little meat on their bones. :dw:

Whipple 03-04 Cobra 3.4L W210ax w/Crusher Inlet Package (Black) - 3.4L W210ax - Whipple - Supercharger Kits - Supercharger Upgrades - 03-04 SVT Cobra :read:

Getting this with 1500 to spare on other upgrades won't hit 700-750?

SneakyPete

Banned
Hey, I like them with a little meat on their bones. :dw:

Whipple 03-04 Cobra 3.4L W210ax w/Crusher Inlet Package (Black) - 3.4L W210ax - Whipple - Supercharger Kits - Supercharger Upgrades - 03-04 SVT Cobra :read:

Getting this with 1500 to spare on other upgrades won't hit 700-750?

i work for a Mustang parts supplier and performance shop. i know what this sh!t costs. and by the time you're done with shipping on that whipple, it will be close to 6k, plus at least 1k for full exhaust, 500 for a tuner, heat exchanger, intake, tune and optional labor seeing as how most of you would be having a shop do this work = WELL over 7k. and even with all of this, 750whp is EXTREMELY unlikely for most set-ups, not to mention dangerous for a stock bottom end.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
i work for a Mustang parts supplier and performance shop. i know what this sh!t costs. and by the time you're done with shipping on that whipple, it will be close to 6k, plus at least 1k for full exhaust, 500 for a tuner, heat exchanger, intake, tune and optional labor seeing as how most of you would be having a shop do this work = WELL over 7k. and even with all of this, 750whp is EXTREMELY unlikely for most set-ups, not to mention dangerous for a stock bottom end.

Lol please give us your list of mods that will get your eve to 600awhp? So my whipple is $3,400 plus $2,500 shipping?

SneakyPete

Banned
Lol please give us your list of mods that will get your eve to 600awhp? So my whipple is $3,400 plus $2,500 shipping?

the whipple kit listed was 5586 and change.

Full Race 35R kit - $3500
1000cc Injectors and 255lph pump - $400
clutch - $2000
Tune - $500
(optional) FMIC w/ piping - $1000
= 500-600whp depending on boost levels and octane

as previously stated this is based on a car that already has bolt-ons. I'm just kind of flabbergasted that you guys are this obtuse to what one of the most capable cars of our time can do.

Evo AMS vs Cobras - YouTube

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member

clutch - $2000
Tune - $500

as previously stated this is based on a car that already has bolt-ons. I'm just kind of flabbergasted that you guys are this obtuse to what one of the most capable cars of our time can do.

So the stock block on a evo is good to 600 whp?

gearhead08

Established Member
Give me 7k I will easy break the 700whp mark I would say maybe even close to 800 but not quite...

The power mods needed are:

supercharger vmp tvs 4k
modified injectors 300
high flow elbow 279.00
10% underdrive pulley 649.00
longtubes 599.00
O/R X 475
KB 17.5V Dual BAP 459

6700 and some change is what it came out too. not too shabby for 750 rwhp.

JesseSVTJames

Established Member

Boy another hater... :lol:

clutch - $2000
Tune - $500

To the op great reverse kill... Who thought anything different was going to happen!

:bored: Sneaky Pete you "state" here that it is okay for said Evo to have starting bolt ons... But you dont add those to the total cost, when you talk about the Cobra you try to counter the cost of a Whipple by saying you need intake, heat exchanger and exhaust... How is that not considered a bolt on for the Cobra but is for a Evo. Little silly if you ask me... :bash:

You my friend are as smart as the simple ricer yourself... I have ran into bolt on Evos and one actually said "you are kidding right" I thought he was insulting my car before we raced and than I realized he wanted nothing to do with me. Again his own words!! Killed a 475 awhp Sti from a roll and reeled him in FAST from a dig. He had a lot more money in than I well ever have into my cobra

Please let me know the supplier you work for to save myself time and the pain of having you help me order parts!

Last edited:

gearhead08

Established Member
Also where are you getting this 3000lb evo and what year is it because the ones I see range from around 3200lbs 2003ish to 3500lbs 2012 or is at older one like 1992-98 which is like 2700-2900lbs

Last edited:

SneakyPete

Banned
oh my, clueless and hopeless. sad. bench racing with you people is exhausting, let alone pointing out fact. There are other cars out there besides mustangs kids. Research a lil...

SneakyPete

Banned
Boy another hater... :lol:

To the op great reverse kill... Who thought anything different was going to happen!

:bored: Sneaky Pete you "state" here that it is okay for said Evo to have starting bolt ons... But you dont add those to the total cost, when you talk about the Cobra you try to counter the cost of a Whipple by saying you need intake, heat exchanger and exhaust... How is that not considered a bolt on for the Cobra but is for a Evo. Little silly if you ask me... :bash:

You my friend are as smart as the simple ricer yourself... I have ran into bolt on Evos and one actually said "you are kidding right" I thought he was insulting my car before we raced and than I realized he wanted nothing to do with me. Again his own words!! Killed a 475 awhp Sti from a roll and reeled him in FAST from a dig. He had a lot more money in than I well ever have into my cobra

Please let me know the supplier you work for to save myself time and the pain of having you help me order parts!

475awhp? wow. :lol1: That's bolt-ons and a baby turbo for an STi. Hardly what you have spent on your car to make your power. Unless he's a complete idiot with his money. Still, STis are not drag cars by any means. Their transmissions hinder them greatly in a straight line.

My observations were based on this story and this story alone. read a lil.

lastly, i would NEVER say an ignoramus such as yourself any parts because i don't sling parts, i buy them for the company. so I have a little bit of background info on what these mods cost that some of you are trying to pawn off as a sub 7k 700+whp build. BULLSH!T. you're not going to crack 700whp with 7k and a stock car. deal with it. I've seen plenty of builds to know what kind of money 700+whp takes. You're only kidding yourselves if you think that's reality.

Jroc

Established Member
7k into the Evo and 7k into the Cobra would net similiar results, with the nod going to the Evo honestly. 500-600awhp 3000lb AWD car vs. 600-650whp nearly 4000lb car means an advantage for the Evo. I'd still rather have a Cobra for a roll race but from a dig, it would be ugly street tire to street tire.

First EVO VIII's/IX's are in the 3,300 lb range. Second my old 03 with on other weight mods than a Magnaflow CB, delete 10 lb useless IRS weight, and MM C/O's weighed 3611 lbs when I had my C/O's balance with nearly a full tank of gas. The car also had FLSFC, kmember brace, 315 DR's and other mods that add weight at the time it was weighed.

No you don't your full of shit. Either about where you work or the cost of mods. My Magaflow CB was $499, O/R midpipe $150, intake $180, tune cost me $350 but I didn't get to keep the handheld programmer. Your biggest cost are going to be your blower and fuel system. To get 750 whp on a factory bottomend Terminator you will likely need to do head work unless you are planning on going turbo which is a great option for a 03/04 Cobra. Besides who gives a **** about a $7,000 budget anyway. I mean we're looking to make 750/800 whp here. Lets spend a little money and get some good/quality shit that will last, be reliable, safe, etc. You throw say $10/$12K at adding power to a Terminator and you will have one hell of a fast ride.

BTW a Terminators stock is possibly the strongest oem Ford bottomend other than a FGT's. Sure plenty of people have burnt up pistons at 600 HP, but it sure as shit isn't because they weren't up to the task of supporting that much power. If you keep the pistols cool and get a good tune then a Terminator factory longblock will support a shit load of power. If you try and boost the hell out of the motor for extended periods in the overdrive gears you're going to create a shit load of heat and risk burning up a piston. Thats the classic "how Terminator longblocks fail" since you seem not to know. Their stock longblocks have been taken to around if not over 1,200 whp. Not very many motor's can claim that in stock forum. Of course that's probably just for a dyno pull or 2 but still. Obviously going built in a Terminator can net you a much better than stock motor, but the same can be said for a MKIV Supra for example, but it's factory motor has been push to crazy HP levels just like the Terminators has.

WomenBeShoppin

Established Member
It's pretty obvious what this guy really drives or is looking into driving. Everyone knows bolt-on evo's/sti's are pigs from a roll and run out of steam quick from a dig. I've ran many. If you want to talk about 7k making them fast? 7k in anything is fast

Users who are viewing this thread