Friends Evo vs Z06 We're dead....

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
475awhp? wow. :lol1: That's bolt-ons and a baby turbo for an STi. Hardly what you have spent on your car to make your power. Unless he's a complete idiot with his money. Still, STis are not drag cars by any means. Their transmissions hinder them greatly in a straight line.

My observations were based on this story and this story alone dumba$$. read a lil.

lastly, i would NEVER say an ignoramus such as yourself any parts because i don't sling parts, i buy them for the company. so I have a little bit of background info on what these mods cost that some of you are trying to pawn off as a sub 7k 700+whp build. BULLSH!T. you're not going to crack 700whp with 7k and a stock car. deal with it. I've seen plenty of builds to know what kind of money 700+whp takes. You're only kidding yourselves if you think that's reality.

I am by no means a professional on my car or any car for that matter. I will let the knowledgable members handle you. It has already been done but you are too stupid to realize it. Sling parts, I pitty the companies you are buying stuff for. They are getting ripped by said prices you know all so well!

Your observations were based on a stock evo vs a likely stock z06! Your the one to talk about bench racing werent you the pylon to start it. I just love the fact that people feel the need to be apart of a site that has nothing to do with what they own. Especially if they are here to stir up sh$&!

Say me parts????:pop:

Last edited:

DSS

Established Member
that Evo owner sounds like an uninformed retard

glad that z06 sawed his head off

great death! your bud is def a ricer of the 10th degree. I love when the import guys talk s*** and have a modified turbo 4 banger and when you beat em in your bolt on n/a v8 after they talk s*** they wanna say "well man you got a v8 against my 4 banger*...they seem to leave out the little detail about the turbo that they have.

funny thing is, when that 4 banger AWD turbo wins from a dig, domestic v8 love to make excuses, " its not fair you got AWD, i spun for days, and if we go from a roll ill smoke you, ect... "

but when they are about to face a high powered FWD import or RWD import, all of a sudden its all about " lets do a real mans race and go from a dig "

people in general love to make excuses and want to save face at all cost, both imports and domestic alike

I'm surprised he doesn't know how slow he is. I remember walking bolt-on evo's/sti's with a lightly modded ls1 f-body with ease

walking? haha, i hope your not serious

and i highly doubt you ran to a well driven bolt on evo/sti ,

where in california are you at? if your in Norcal, i can prolly line up 3 different bolt on STi and 2 bolt on Evo ready take on your lightly modded LS1 F-body, from a dig and roll

Give me 7k I will easy break the 700whp mark I would say maybe even close to 800 but not quite...

dyno numbers means nothing, anyone can make high dyno numbers, you can make 700whp bone stock on a dyno, just tell the dyno operator to change the setting on the dyno to make it read really high

Last edited:

gearhead08

Established Member
that Evo owner sounds like an uninformed retard

glad that z06 sawed his head off

funny thing is, when that 4 banger AWD turbo wins from a dig, domestic v8 love to make excuses, " its not fair you got AWD, i spun for days, and if we go from a roll ill smoke you, ect... "

but when they are about to face a high powered FWD import or RWD import, all of a sudden its all about " lets do a real mans race and go from a dig "

people in general love to make excuses and want to save face at all cost, both imports and domestic alike

where in california are you at? if your in Norcal, i can prolly line up 3 different bolt on STi and 2 bolt on Evo ready take on your lightly modded LS1 F-body, from a dig and roll

dyno numbers means nothing, anyone can make high dyno numbers, you can make 700whp bone stock on a dyno, just tell the dyno operator to change the setting on the dyno to make it read really high

Actually if you look at my parts list that I made. It ended at 6700 obviously before taxes. I took that directly from a car making 750rwhp..... which was one example I can get more if you would like that make easily over 700rwhp. Yes they can change the numbers but, I am pretty sure they are not... especially when people are going low 10's with 650rwhp... anyways I was just stating a fact I could easily make that amount a true amount without swaying the numbers.... look it up its pretty easy to do here is a site you can gather some info on if you would like.

GT500 Dyno Results - VMP Tuning Message Board

DSS

Established Member
huh? im not trying to argue what a gt500 makes or what they are capable off, it has power adder and nice big v8, so im sure it can, but its quite sad that alot of people measure how quick/fast their car with dyno sheets

i mainly stated that anyone can easily inflate numbers for advertisement purpose to bring in more customers and more money

gearhead08

Established Member
huh? im not trying to argue what a gt500 makes or what they are capable off, it has power adder and nice big v8, so im sure it can, but its quite sad that alot of people measure how quick/fast their car with dyno sheets

Gotcha and understand, yes people do measure how quick their cars are by dyno sheets and lots forget to take it to the track and actually run them
i mainly stated that anyone can easily inflate numbers for advertisement purpose to bring in more customers and more money
And yes that is possible.. just figured you were talking directly to me about my car that is all misunderstanding

On a side note any car can be made to go fast.... and I like fast cars :D

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member

Yes they are tweaking dynos to get those numbers :dw: take a look around this COBRA forum... You will see hundreds of people with aftermarket blowers making huge numbers. :bash:

DSS

Established Member
Yes they are tweaking dynos to get those numbers :dw: take a look around this COBRA forum... You will see hundreds of people with aftermarket blowers making huge numbers. :bash:

so your telling me no shop has ever inflated numbers to make their " tune " or their " kit " look better than their competition on the market?

read my post again, i mainly said that whp means nothing in general, becuz it can be easily altered to read what ever operator wants, it can read really low or it can read really high, if you dont believe me and your around the Norcal area, your more than welcome to bring your car down to my friends shop, dyno your car for free, and print you out a dyno sheet that reads 100whp or 900whp and walk you through how we altered the settings to get that result :bash:

Last edited:

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
so your telling me no shop has ever inflated numbers to make their " tune " or their " kit " look better than their competition on the market?

read my post again, i mainly said that whp means nothing in general, becuz it can be easily altered to read what ever operator wants, it can read really low or it can read really high, if you dont believe me and your around the Norcal area, your more than welcome to bring your car down to my friends shop, dyno your car for free, and print you out a dyno sheet that reads 100whp or 900whp and walk you through how we altered the settings to get that result :bash:

I understand what your saying. But many people on this very forum buy these kits, install them themselves, get tuned at their local shop and push similar numbers. That's proof to me. They owe no allegiance to whipple, or TVS, or KB.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
7K in a C6 Z06 and you will damn near need a motorcycle to keep up with it. My 08 didn't have that much and had most scared in the streets to race it. Nothing but top end at that. AFR heads, custom cam, beehive intake, LTs, and a 125 shot just in case a launch went bad. Would destroy built cobras very easily. The Z is no where near 4K and the best ratio you can ask for. You can eat a sandwich in 3rd while the motor pulls to 7K walking away from a Evo

WomenBeShoppin

Established Member

OK than, I'm in So.cal orange county. Lets meet halfway. How does bolt-on ls1 vs bolt on sti from a roll sound? Pump gas/basic bolt ons

DSS

Established Member
OK than, I'm in So.cal orange county. Lets meet halfway. How does bolt-on ls1 vs bolt on sti from a roll sound? Pump gas/basic bolt ons

heh way too far for petty race that i have seen countless of times, i already know the result, it all depends how aggressive the tune is, aggressively tune on 91 pump gas STi and Evo will slowly walk away from a roll

but it all depends what you consider " bolt ons only " tintake, exhaust and a tune, no physical longblock modification or no physical turbo modification

Last edited:

WomenBeShoppin

Established Member
heh way too far for petty race that i have seen countless of times, i already know the result, it all depends how aggressive the tune is, aggressively tune on 91 pump gas STi and Evo will slowly walk away from a roll

but it all depends what you consider " bolt ons only " tintake, exhaust and a tune, no physical longblock modification or no physical turbo modification

With just basic bolt-ons to both cars I always tend to experience/see LS's walk evo/sti's up top. I guess we can just agree to disagree than.
I'm not totally shitting on them, I know once they dabble with things like meth/e85/ or just FP's/(bigger turbos) in general that they really get going. But they are slow stock/mildly stock from a roll

Users who are viewing this thread