front runner?

mantis118

Established Member
Whatever you decide on make sure it is rated for the speed you will use them at. I learned that lesson with my cobra. cost me over 6k in damage because I saved 100$.

86merc

Established Member
Load rating is something no one seems to think of. People buy metric or small tires and find the tires bows out a lot at the bottom. Because they are not rated to work on a heavier car. I have had several friends have the metric and small car tires fail on them. Saving a few dollars where the car touches the road is not worth it to me.

I run the 28" M&H front runners. Not only does the car sit more level with a 28" slick, but they are load rated higher and don't bow like most other tires do.

Sorry, I don't have many photos with the drag set up. The full size photo is here.

Byron92820131_zps086f1826.jpg

8d8a23c2-b3fa-49fe-bb32-620a2b84efb5_zps764840c4.jpg

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Did you run tubes with the 28" M&H fronts ? Also is that the bias ply tire?

Load rating is something no one seems to think of. People buy metric or small tires and find the tires bows out a lot at the bottom. Because they are not rated to work on a heavier car. I have had several friends have the metric and small car tires fail on them. Saving a few dollars where the car touches the road is not worth it to me.

I run the 28" M&H front runners. Not only does the car sit more level with a 28" slick, but they are load rated higher and don't bow like most other tires do.

Sorry, I don't have many photos with the drag set up. The full size photo is here.

Byron92820131_zps086f1826.jpg

8d8a23c2-b3fa-49fe-bb32-620a2b84efb5_zps764840c4.jpg

D.T.R

Established Member
^ most of all these drag wheels and tires "are not intended for hwy use" ... so that's basically them covering their assets in case something happens and you want to sue them... but yeah I've been running drag radials and mt et/M&H/etc front runners on the streets for a minute now... just be mindful and careful when you use them... if you get caught in the rain is not fun.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Here is a pic of M&H bias ply 28" front
28fronttires.png

86merc,

Are you also running a bias ply rear tire with tubes or no tubes and are you lowered? What air pressure do you run up front/rear for the street and track? I just ordered a set of 28" M&H bias ply front runners and 28" M/T ET Streets and was curious as to how well they fit? BTW, BlueSmokem, I like how the 28" fills up the wheel wells on the GB car.

Last edited:

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
that's not my car its a pic from the Corral. He is running good years DR's on the rear and M&H 28" bias fronts ?? I ordered a set of M&H 28/4.5R17 bias ply fronts for my car should be here next week. My car is slightly lowered 1" up front 1.5" rear, I was running 38 PSI in my 26" fronts and 18-20 PSI in the rear at the track. If you go to low with the tire psi and the tire hooks it can spin on the wheel or fold up onto its self.

Are you also running a bias ply rear tire with tubes or no tubes and are you lowered? What air pressure do you run up front/rear for the street and track? I just ordered a set of 28" M&H bias ply front runners and 28" M/T ET Streets and was curious as to how well they fit? BTW, I like how the 28" fills up the wheel wells on your car.

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
86merc,

Are you also running a bias ply rear tire with tubes or no tubes and are you lowered? What air pressure do you run up front/rear for the street and track? I just ordered a set of 28" M&H bias ply front runners and 28" M/T ET Streets and was curious as to how well they fit? BTW, BlueSmokem, I like how the 28" fills up the wheel wells on the GB car.

I do not run a tube on the front tires. In the rear I run a Hoosier 28x10 stiff sidewall slick with out a tube. I don't remember my air pressure. It isn't really low. It is around 14-15# if I remember correctly. Much lower and the the tire distorts too much. I have been 1.53 to the 60' that way. Still dialing in the suspension.

I do not really drive with the bias ply tires on the street much. I will throw the front runners on to drive to the track. Then I bolt the slicks on the car at the track. Just to save the tires. I am cheap. haha

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I just ordered the Hoosier Pro Street 26x7.5 R17's for my fronts lots of guys run bias ply and DR together but alot of people will tell you its not such a good idea. I can't wait till someone drops a 28x6 R17 front radial...

Users who are viewing this thread