FRPP/Boss 302 Laguna Seca 'X' Brace #M-6346612-A

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I feel like I sit at my car for 1 hr the whole weekend. Just too much to see.

Maybe I should get a shirt made, "I am zporta" lol

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'd love to know how many kits, whether red or silver, Ford Racing has sold to date. I hope they meet their minimum sales target number and will continue to offer interior kits such as this in the future. I'm saving for a next generation pony car and am pretty sure it won't be a two seater. It'd be great if there was a kit ready at the same time the car is released.

shelby2

Established Member
Just finished installing the kit, and it looks great with the bar being powdered coated white. Also put the recaros in with the white stripe, can't be happier. Looks killer, highly recomend this kit and the install was easy ( I did put some nylon washers under the bolts, as to not crack the powder coat.) besides that the kit had everything needed.

:beer:

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Tob or anyone else Is it possible to leave the shoulder harnesses in and not remove the B pillar panels in order to facilitate reinstalling the back seat at a later time? I ask because my kids still ride in the back seat but I'd like to install the kit for Summer and then reinstall the seats when school starts. I'm just looking for a way to save time.

Also do you have to remove the front seats to install the kit?

Shelby2 how about some photos? I haven't seen a white X brace yet and I plan on powder coating mine white. :thumbsup:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Tob or anyone else Is it possible to leave the shoulder harnesses in and not remove the B pillar panels in order to facilitate reinstalling the back seat at a later time? I ask because my kids still ride in the back seat but I'd like to install the kit for Summer and then reinstall the seats when school starts. I'm just looking for a way to save time.

I suppose. The shoulder portion would simply dangle over the new panel. You could bind it up and zip tie it into a small 'mass' up high or however made you happy. The latch portion could be loosened and pivoted down and hidden underneath the large panel from the kit (note the bolt holes near the hump - those were for the latches...

IMG_9732.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
Also do you have to remove the front seats to install the kit?

Not at all. Simply release them so that they lean forward and slide them towards the font of the vehicle.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Thanks. So if I didn't remove the harnesses and side panels can I still install the kit? In other words is the purpose for removing the panels to access the harnesses?

Last edited:

Madlock

Established Member
Congrats!

As one who X braced his GT500
before an actual kit existed, I know how much I enjoy mine.

In installing white striped Recaros, did you buy the GT500 leather seat skins from the parts desk? That's no cheap proposition...

SuperFly03

Established Member
I have been going back and forth over this mod. I do use the rear seats but I also have a F150... so I went tonthe Tousley website and I could not find this part FS anymore.

Thoughts?

shelby2

Established Member
Like Tob said, I was able to get a great deal on a set of take off GT500 seats. I just had to convert them so they worked on my 2009. I highly recommend you remove the front seats. If not it will be a real PITA, and take allot more time if you don't. :beer:

Last edited:

shelby2

Established Member
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Took a little while, not the best at posting pictures,but this is what she looks like with the white x brace in.

:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread