FRPP/Boss 302 Laguna Seca 'X' Brace #M-6346612-A

shelby2

Established Member
Levittown Ford was great, and the shipment was quick as well. You'll love the kit. Congrats. :rockon:

shelby2

Established Member
Very cool! Looks real good and plays nicely off your red stripes.

:beer:

acobra03

Established Member
Thanks guys. I've become a real expert at removing the rear interior of the car! I installed Silver Horse Racing louvers two weeks ago! I really like the look of the X Brace.

sdonaghey

Established Member
Installing my X-brace today finally and the color doesn't even come close. I have an 05 GT with the Dark Charcoal interior and the FRPP kit is like a light charcoal, kind of gray color. How many different factory carpet colours are there??

SuperFly03

Established Member
Installing my X-brace today finally and the color doesn't even come close. I have an 05 GT with the Dark Charcoal interior and the FRPP kit is like a light charcoal, kind of gray color. How many different factory carpet colours are there??

I assumed it would be a direct match... but then again youve got an 05 so I dont know how those interiors compare to the 11+

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'd contact a well known and respected upholstery shop near you and pick their brain about what they recommend...

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Finally got mine installed, I'll have it powder coated blue this winter

8817F522-867F-4D14-9D61-1DBB26B8BA75-99-000000009DA68CD6_zpsb576cf95.jpg

EA3B4289-B572-47F2-8DA3-937F421AFCB5-3071-000000EBEF8CC5AA_zps4cbaeec0.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Looks like a clean installation Zak. I like the silver.

Are you happy with how it went?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Looks like a clean installation Zak. I like the silver.

Are you happy with how it went?

Yea, I love it. The install was simple because I was doing a stereo system at the same time so I pulled all the seats belts and brackets from the get go. I took your advice and read the directions a few times so I knew what had to come out and what bolts to replace.

The only part that I was iffy with was the factory trunk lid panel had a lot of the composite showing under the carpet with the kit installed. Kind of remind me how carpet padding looks. So I used a razor kifne and trimmed it back behind the carpet

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You know Zak, I've been sitting here staring at the photos of yours. I went back and looked at the shots of mine too on the first page and mine suffers the same panel edge malady as yours. Certain lighting conditions, such as that of a bright and sunny day, expose that unfinished edge more than others. That horizontal line or edge is missing something. Yet if there was a trim piece there, it would cut across the natural flow that comes from the speaker panel on down to the floor.

There is a subtle element that is missing.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I should have mine back from powder coating in a couple of days. I probably won't install it until next weekend though.

Users who are viewing this thread