FRPP/Boss 302 Laguna Seca 'X' Brace #M-6346612-A

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don't know. See what I meant about it defining a horizontal edge? I think it upsets the flow. There has to be something more subtle...

_zak1_zps2c2d0c39.jpg

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I don't know. See what I meant about it defining a horizontal edge? I think it upsets the flow. There has to be something more subtle...

_zak1_zps988bdc56.jpg

First thing I said to Zak when I saw his was that it looked unfinished. Don't get me wrong, i think it's a bad ass mod. Just missing something maybe?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
How about a lighter color material laid over the whole top panel that would wrap around that edge, softening it with a radius, as is the edge on the other panels near the 'X' brace...

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Yea you could re wrap the entire top deck with more of a dark grey carpet wrapping the edge

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I was thinking of a color that matched the other panels, which appears to be lighter actually...

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
The only issue would be the speakers in the deck lid. There is a mesh style opening in the factory panel. I don't know how carpet over that would hurt the sound

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That's why I didn't say 'carpet' per se. You're right though, any type of backing would only serve to muffle.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Maybe I'll fiberglass the whole thing and paint the back panels to match the car

Jk

I'll sleep on it, resume brainstorming in the am

5 DOT 0

Established Member
The install took just over 90 minutes but it would have been faster if I had read the instructions. :rolling: A couple words of caution. Something that added to the install time was my son cutting his hand on some slag or burr from the spot welds. There was some metal sticking up and my son found it. I hammered them down flat and put some duct take over them. They were on both sides so watch for that. I was able to install the kit without removing the rear seat belts. The shoulder strap fit between the side panel and bottom RSD panel with no issues. I wrapped the other side of the seat belt in some thin foam sheets so hopefully that don't rattle. I expect the next swap this Fall to take about an hour.
Anyway it looks terrific as expected. :beer:
IMG_1137_zps95b41cba.jpg

IMG_2512_zpsf4f55a6e.jpg

IMG_2513_zpse41c7d7c.jpg

IMG_2529_zps572ec37a.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread