Frps

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Guys, were is the best place to get a frps? From ford or anyother place?
I want to keep a spare in the car.
I hate beeing stranded...Thanks guys.....slo-poc....

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Does the Ford GT have the same type of FRPS? If so, is it any more reliable and will it work as an upgrade for us?

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
:p seems there are more questions than answers in this thread! :eek:
I'm curious to see if there is perhaps an aftermarket PPRV that wont act as harsh as the ford PPRV?

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
I want to say Ford. My buddy said they are $60 a piece... or thats what he gets them for.
slo-poc said:
Guys, were is the best place to get a frps? From ford or anyother place?
I want to keep a spare in the car.
I hate beeing stranded...Thanks guys.....slo-poc....

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
SickBlackMach said:
:p seems there are more questions than answers in this thread! :eek:
I'm curious to see if there is perhaps an aftermarket PPRV that wont act as harsh as the ford PPRV?

no kidding, i'm looking at upgrading to GT pumps and want to rip out the PPRV and upgrade the fuel lines at the same time.

pb1302

Established Member
looks to me that people that have already blown the FRPS several times and installed the KB disc have had no issues with their cars afterwards.

If i know NAZMAN like i do i am sure the man did his research and did some ACTIVE driving after the install of the KB disc. Maybe the smart thing would be to start a poll on who is using the KB disc with no blown FRPS sensors and those who are still blowing them after installing a KB disc.

$5 bucks is worth the try at least instead of a $60 sensor.

Last edited:

wa_roush

Established Member
Howdy, new here. :) I have a 01 Roush Stage 3. I keep getting the same P0190 code - 3rd time now. It stays on until about the 3rd run cycle and goes off. It happened once when I was turning onto a highway and got a little squirrely. The traction control came on and bogged me down- The SES light came on right when it bogged. I got home later and reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for a while- code went away. The 2nd time it came on it was under WOT and I carried third gear almost to the rev limiter. I drove it 3 drive cycles and it went away. I stopped in at autozone and pulled the code on the 2nd drive cycle. Thats when the P0190 came up. Then it came on again doing the same thing. My question is how do I replace the FRPS? Do you need any special tools to do it? Do I have to relieve pressure from the fuel rail first or does this thing just bolt off and on?

THX! Any and all help appreciated!

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Yes, relieve the fuel pressure! :p Its 1 electrical connector, 1 vaccum line, 2 pieces of hardware.

FWIW, I just drove 800+ miles in just under 12 hrs, only stopping to smoke and get gas... doing 80-ish the whole way. No blown FRPS :)

wa_roush

Established Member
SickBlackMach said:
Yes, relieve the fuel pressure! :p Its 1 electrical connector, 1 vaccum line, 2 pieces of hardware.

FWIW, I just drove 800+ miles in just under 12 hrs, only stopping to smoke and get gas... doing 80-ish the whole way. No blown FRPS :)

I'm assuming its the electrical connector on the frps itself? where is the vaccum line at? And the hardware are the two bolts holding it in place?
I'm a total noob when it comes to engines, so please explain so I don't blow myself up or catch my car on fire! :eek:
thx!

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
wa_roush said:
I'm assuming its the electrical connector on the frps itself? where is the vaccum line at? And the hardware are the two bolts holding it in place?
I'm a total noob when it comes to engines, so please explain so I don't blow myself up or catch my car on fire! :eek:
thx!
they are all located on the FRPS. the hardware is what holds the FRPS to the fuel rail.
When you relieve the pressure, get a rag to catch all the fuel that will come out. Also put a rag around the FRPS when you pop it out to catch any fuel that may come out.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
and i thought i was rigging it when i made a restrictor for the fuel side on mine about 4 months ago. i feel really good about my self at the moment. btw, havent blown one in the 4 months, and i should have, because ive done everything that used to screw 'em up, such as missed shifts, touching the limiter, ect.

wa_roush

Established Member
I figured it all out with help from a local ford dealer service dept.

The service tech told me to pull the 20 amp fuse in the #14 fuel pump pos. under the hood in the engine control panel. Then fire it up and run it until it starts to stall. Then try to crank it until it wont run anymore. This relieves the pressure from the fuel rails. Disconnected the battery, vaccum line and electrical connector from the FRPS. Place rags under and around the FRPS. Took a rag and placed it ontop of the FRPS and wiggled it loose from the fuel rail. A small rushing sound is emitted as the remaining fuel comes out. Not much left in there to cause any alarm. Replaced the FRPS and waited about 30 minutes until I reconnected the battery to clear the P0190 code. VOILA done! Easy deal. I had this done with the exception of waiting the 30 min in under 5 minutes. No more SES light.

You will have to change your oil afterwards. My oil had some gas in it.

Users who are viewing this thread