Frps

Sonic909

Established Member
I am having the exact same problems as u ninety2pony. I got the P0190 code out of my SCT tuner. It has the be the FRPS. So where do I buy one from? I know Ford has them but does anyone else carry them? I am also going to try the KB design thing to help it out.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
Sonic909 said:
I am having the exact same problems as u ninety2pony. I got the P0190 code out of my SCT tuner. It has the be the FRPS. So where do I buy one from? I know Ford has them but does anyone else carry them? I am also going to try the KB design thing to help it out.

ford is the only place you can get them.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
03InThe11s said:
ford is the only place you can get them.

or Lincoln-Mercury....yeah I know it's still Ford :)

only reason I mention is it because they often stock FRPS since they have alot of engines out there that use same part

Last edited:

04CobraMatt

Established Member
So an easy way to check if your FRPS is good is unplug the vacuum line going into it and see if gas comes out?

no gas = A-okay

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
04CobraMatt said:
So an easy way to check if your FRPS is good is unplug the vacuum line going into it and see if gas comes out?

no gas = A-okay

that's not gonna be 100% accurate because sometimes they fail without rupturing the diaphragm

it should be the first thing to check though because of the dangers of gas getting into the oil

Last edited:

04CobraMatt

Established Member
sorry i cant make the connection in my head, how would gas get into the oil? where are the 2 connected?

ninety2pony

Established Member
disconnect your battery for like 10 minutes and it should clear.... update on me.. the fuel line going into my fuel rails was bad.. swapped the line.. all is ok.

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
04CobraMatt said:
sorry i cant make the connection in my head, how would gas get into the oil? where are the 2 connected?

because sometimes when it fails it alows the injectors to just dump in fuel, which washes down the cylinder walls and goes into the crankcase -where the oil is.

btw: i just pulled the p0190 and a p0234-S/C overboost condition faults
2nd FRPS. so yea i think its time for the dampner thingy

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
can we just change it out to a fuel pressure regulater like the 5.0 guys have & not ever have to worry about it :shrug:

this going to be exspenive if this happens alot :cuss: i just busted my 1st one last night :cuss:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I've blown two since removing my PPRV two months ago. Never blew one before that. One was blown at 11 psi, the other at 15 psi. Both when I was on-off-on the throttle at high RPM, but not near the limiter.

I installed twin GT pumps today and reinstalled my PPRV. Not only do I not want to blow another one, but I'm tired of the hard starts ever since removing the thing.

When both mine blew, the car simply quit running. Well, once it would start up and kind of idle, but it was really rough, and wouldn't rev. Neither one put fuel into the vacuum line. And both times I was able to unplug them and drive home.

So, for me, PPRV=Blown FPRS.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
mmustangsrus said:
can we just change it out to a fuel pressure regulater like the 5.0 guys have & not ever have to worry about it :shrug:

this going to be exspenive if this happens alot :cuss: i just busted my 1st one last night :cuss:

yes, you can change your entire fuel system from returnless to return-style and that will let you eliminate the FRPS and use a regulator....be prepared to spend some $$

of course, you'll also need to retune....

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Black2003Vert said:
Will someone please post up, how do you tell if it is bad? Trouble code, blows apart, what?
Your car will stop running. You can't tell by looking at it. It blows internally.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
hmmm, great. now im going to be worried about doing anything in my car... :s.

sounds like a pretty big/occuring problem in these cars?

i dont think i've blown mine....*knock on wood*

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
mosconiac said:
KB FRPS damper ($5) + 5 minutes labor = problem solved [QED]

Seriously, there is no reason to ever blow a $50-60 sensor again!

Here's my before & after...

IMG_2378small.jpg

IMG_2380small.jpg

IMG_2381small.jpg
so is this still working for people????

Users who are viewing this thread